Nice article on TA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ControllerMod. Show ControllerMod's posts

Nice article on TA

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AqWxE8SKHDFyO59VaYk4s9q8vLYF?slug=aw-wojnarowski_allen_inspires_grizzlies_playoff_run_041511

Another one that got away.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Nice article on TA

Too painful to read.  We need him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Nice article, thanks for the link.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

AMAZING article...i love the way TA is leading memphis...wish him the best! great defender!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

I wish him the best. He had the athletic ability to play great defense and unusually he did. It seems that more floor time has also helped him put things into perspective, and play a more thoughtful and complete game. When he was with the Celtics, he always seemed like a turn-over waiting to happen. Now it looks like the bone head plays were as much a result of trying to prove himself as anything.

Its tough for back up players to play their roles, because they are used to being starters, ...try to show that they belong in the starting, line up, and they usually have limited minutes to make their point.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Good for TA....he's gone, a long with Joe Johnson, Chauncey billups, Kendrick Perkins, James Posey, Nate Robinson, Eddie House, Bill Walker, Lester Hudson, and a slew of other former Celtics.....

I'll take Jeff Green over Tony Allen any day!!!!!!!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Nice article on TA:
    [QUOTE]http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AqWxE8SKHDFyO59VaYk4s9q8vLYF?slug=aw-wojnarowski_allen_inspires_grizzlies_playoff_run_041511 Another one that got away.
    Posted by ControllerMod[/QUOTE]

I have written several times that losing Tony Allen was a big loss for the Celtics.  Didn't realize how important Tony Allen would be until Marquis was injured.  If Tony Allen was still with the Celtics and having the type of season he is having, Perk never would have been traded. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

It is a nice article on TA.   He is part of the C's family.   Has success w/ him.   But, the fact is that he was a turnover waiting to happen and for a successful team, he was offensively challenged.   He was a hustler, but for the C's, he wasn't a 'shutdown' defender.   We remember when PP was injured and TA tore up the league.   He was unstoppable.   But, in sports there is the physical and mental game.   Most players can play with no stakes on the line.   You are just playing.   No pressure (was TA hurt before, during or after the 18gm losing streak?) if your team stinks.   But, can you play during the tension of a championship?   When a turnover can cost you the game.   Same as a bad shot, air ball or brick.   Same as being a good defender, but constantly going for fake pumps.
       I like TA, but his career may now be better on a team w/o the pressure to win.   And if they do start winning, then maybe he won't feel the pressure and he'll be the team leader.   I think his T/A ratio for the C's was in the negative.   Now, for the Grizz, its 104/86.  Much better than w/ the C's.  
       TA and DW both got injured often.   But, I think that DW is a better fit for these C's.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayman7. Show rayman7's posts

In Response to Nice article on TA:

[QUOTE]http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AqWxE8SKHDFyO59VaYk4s9q8vLYF?slug=aw-wojnarowski_allen_inspires_grizzlies_playoff_run_041511 Another one that got away.

Posted by ControllerMod[/QUOTE]

All heart, grit & grind.

I got to get me one of them Tee Shirts.

I'm happy that it's worked out for Tony finally.  For a while there in Memphis it was touch and go and he wasn't doing so well.

Now he's doing great.

Imagine if we had TA and  a healthy Perk and 7 days of rest going into the playoffs.  We'd be feeling pretty good about our Celtics.

Instead we got an eerie feeling that something is not right.

Good looking out, Man, nice article & thanks for posting.