Nick Young

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Nick Young

He was given a qualifying offer today by the Wiz.  Should we bother with an offer?  We made one to Redick a couple of years ago, and ORL matched it.  Might be worth a flyer.  All we can offer is MLE - would WAS match that?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

Re: Nick Young

He had a breakout year and will get more than the midlevel.  Out of our price range.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I'd make the offer to Nick Young

I think he'd be more of an impact player with the Celtics than Big Baby or Jeff Green

Even if Washington makes him a bigger offer, they could still sign him and then trade him to the Celtics

Be honest, wouldn't YOU trade KG for the Rashard Lewis contract and Nick Young if Washington gave up their 2nd #1 draft pick (#16 I believe) ??????

Draft Bismark Biyumbo or Chris Singleton and move on with a younger more athletic core.........why wait till the trading deadline to gather assets ? We saw this year how hard it is to fully integrate new players (even good ones) into a playoff rotation with 20 games left.......we all love KG and what he did for the franchise, and I wouldn't mind it at all if they kept him and re-signed him to a extension after this season for the mid-level , but I believe Washington, Golden State , Detroit or Phoenix would be the perfect draft day trading partners for the Celtics.......especially with free agency being held up because of the lockout...wouldn't be surprised if the Celtics wash their hands of the KG contract SOONER rather than LATER...... 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Nick Young:
    [QUOTE]I'd make the offer to Nick Young I think he'd be more of an impact player with the Celtics than Big Baby or Jeff Green Even if Washington makes him a bigger offer, they could still sign him and then trade him to the Celtics Be honest, wouldn't YOU trade KG for the Rashard Lewis contract and Nick Young if Washington gave up their 2nd #1 draft pick (#16 I believe) ?????? Draft Bismark Biyumbo or Chris Singleton and move on with a younger more athletic core.........why wait till the trading deadline to gather assets ? We saw this year how hard it is to fully integrate new players (even good ones) into a playoff rotation with 20 games left.......we all love KG and what he did for the franchise, and I wouldn't mind it at all if they kept him and re-signed him to a extension after this season for the mid-level , but I believe Washington, Golden State , Detroit or Phoenix would be the perfect draft day trading partners for the Celtics.......especially with free agency being held up because of the lockout...wouldn't be surprised if the Celtics wash their hands of the KG contract SOONER rather than LATER......   
    Posted by PHX85014[/QUOTE]

No, I wouldn't trade the KG contract.  All of these "wanna be's" on the last place teams look good because they are not playing disciplined ball on a good team.  Nick Young is a good player but I live in the DC area and he's not consistent and not someone who's going to chance the team much.  He's not as good, for example, as Delonte.  

Also, KG still have championship run in his, just not a lot of minutes.  A lot of people underestimate his defense and rebounding.  I've heard talk of Blache for example.......NO WAY.  Does not have the intensity in rebounds nor defense nor offense when pressed.  He's passive.   I appreciate KG and still believe that if the C's can get a big man and a power forward to spell KG, they can go for a championship or very deep in the playoffs.  A bad series against MIami does NOT make me give up, yet.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nick Young : No, I wouldn't trade the KG contract.  All of these "wanna be's" on the last place teams look good because they are not playing disciplined ball on a good team.  Nick Young is a good player but I live in the DC area and he's not consistent and not someone who's going to chance the team much.  He's not as good, for example, as Delonte.   Also, KG still have championship run in his, just not a lot of minutes.  A lot of people underestimate his defense and rebounding.  I've heard talk of Blache for example.......NO WAY.  Does not have the intensity in rebounds nor defense nor offense when pressed.  He's passive.   I appreciate KG and still believe that if the C's can get a big man and a power forward to spell KG, they can go for a championship or very deep in the playoffs.  A bad series against MIami does NOT make me give up, yet.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Would you rather have BABY or Blatche?  Not KG!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nick Young : Would you rather have BABY or Blatche?  Not KG!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

I'd rather have Baby.  His jumper is not as good as Blatche's and Blatch has the advantage in height.  But, BBD's defense is better and while Baby is a "spotty" rebounder, Blatche is even more spotty and he's soft.  On a team where BBD was 6th man sharing rebounds with Garnett, Shaq, JON (when healthy), and Pierce, he averaged 5.5 rebounds.  On a team where Blatche played starter with more minutes, had only rheir center as the other rebounder, Blatche averaged a whopping 2.4 more rebounds than BBD.  

Getting Blatche is just getting an "ok" player from a bad team.   I watch him from DC.....he's soft (no D and soft on the Boards).   He's an outside 6'10 shooter.  He's a very very poor man's Odom.

Careful what you wish for.  Its like people wishing that the C's would pick up Murphy.  Grass looks greener until you see it up close.....not so good then.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nick Young : I'd rather have Baby.  His jumper is not as good as Blatche's and Blatch has the advantage in height.  But, BBD's defense is better and while Baby is a "spotty" rebounder, Blatche is even more spotty and he's soft.  On a team where BBD was 6th man sharing rebounds with Garnett, Shaq, JON (when healthy), and Pierce, he averaged 5.5 rebounds.  On a team where Blatche played starter with more minutes, had only rheir center as the other rebounder, Blatche averaged a whopping 2.4 more rebounds than BBD.   Getting Blatche is just getting an "ok" player from a bad team.   I watch him from DC.....he's soft (no D and soft on the Boards).   He's an outside 6'10 shooter.  He's a very very poor man's Odom. Careful what you wish for.  Its like people wishing that the C's would pick up Murphy.  Grass looks greener until you see it up close.....not so good then.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Thanks - but 6'10" is still taller than Baby.  He can block shots.  You said he's a better rebounder.  He comes off the bench for a year........AND, I like Murphy.