No Monday Meeting

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: No Monday Meeting

Mid night madneess is 1-week away. Bring on NCAA basketball!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

WHo cares...  Im hoping the owners break the back of the union..and I believe they will.

Never been a fan of an owner of a team having to split their revenues with the employees. Where else in the world does this happen? 

As usual, unions go too far and defeat the good purposes they could have served. If the season has to be lost..so be it. The players will cave... guaranteed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I agree with Karl -the players will cave.  I also agree that turning down a 50-50 split of profits is the utmost sign of greed!  I would also like to add that if I paid 350 million dollars for a team, and hired very smart and savvy basketball people to run my organization, I would be furious if we drafted a kid, paid him max rookie salary, developed him, promoted him, made him the face of the franchise, offered him another max contract, only to see him walk out the door (are you listening MEBron, CarMElo and CP ME?)....going for MORE money, okay, but to offer a max deal, and then see the guy leave is just ridiculous.  Would anyone out there spend 350 million on a team KNOWING you're going to s_ck?  Look at how much money Cuban had to spend to win ONE title!!  Dirk, Kidd, Terry, Chandler, Marion....those guys ain't cheap!
    I finally would like to say that I believe the players will cave because they have poor leadership.  Billy Hunter?  Derek Fisher?  It's curious to me how the ONE guy, the ONLY guy who could possibly unite the players is thinking only of himself, and how much lire he can make playing in Italy!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

In Response to Re: No Monday Meeting:
    [QUOTE]I agree with Karl -the players will cave.  I also agree that turning down a 50-50 split of profits is the utmost sign of greed!  I would also like to add that if I paid 350 million dollars for a team, and hired very smart and savvy basketball people to run my organization, I would be furious if we drafted a kid, paid him max rookie salary, developed him, promoted him, made him the face of the franchise, offered him another max contract, only to see him walk out the door (are you listening MEBron, CarMElo and CP ME?)....going for MORE money, okay, but to offer a max deal, and then see the guy leave is just ridiculous.  Would anyone out there spend 350 million on a team KNOWING you're going to s_ck?  Look at how much money Cuban had to spend to win ONE title!!  Dirk, Kidd, Terry, Chandler, Marion....those guys ain't cheap! I finally would like to say that I believe the players will cave because they have poor leadership.  Billy Hunter?  Derek Fisher?  It's curious to me how the ONE guy, the ONLY guy who could possibly unite the players is thinking only of himself, and how much lire he can make playing in Italy!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Well, good morning Red-Russ. How about them Red Sox?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

They won't meet Monday and maybe they will after they meet tonight.
    Enjoy, those who want a season:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7080905/nba-lockout-sides-meet-11th-hour-attempt-sources-say

7. This post has been removed.