No Need for Big Trades

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

No Need for Big Trades

Nate and Quis are the likely candidates to be traded, but I don't think the Celtics need to do a trade. When Delonte comes back Nate will be more effective, not having to worry about running the offense. Daniels gives the Celtics a different look at the SF position and he can be used as a PG. I think the Celtics just need a healthy Delonte West on the court with the 2nd unit. 

Think about it, Delonte has 3-point range, playmaking skills, and is also a very good defender. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondo9Fan. Show RajonRondo9Fan's posts

Re: No Need for Big Trades

I agree with you

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

In Response to No Need for Big Trades:
    [QUOTE]Nate and Quis are the likely candidates to be traded, but I don't think the Celtics need to do a trade. When Delonte comes back Nate will be more effective, not having to worry about running the offense. Daniels gives the Celtics a different look at the SF position and he can be used as a PG. I think the Celtics just need a healthy Delonte West on the court with the 2nd unit.  Think about it, Delonte has 3-point range, playmaking skills, and is also a very good defender.    
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
        I agree with you.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

In Response to No Need for Big Trades:
    [QUOTE]Nate and Quis are the likely candidates to be traded, but I don't think the Celtics need to do a trade. When Delonte comes back Nate will be more effective, not having to worry about running the offense. Daniels gives the Celtics a different look at the SF position and he can be used as a PG. I think the Celtics just need a healthy Delonte West on the court with the 2nd unit.  Think about it, Delonte has 3-point range, playmaking skills, and is also a very good defender.    
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you, but let me take it a step further. No need for a trade at all.

Time Will Only Tell

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Sorry but I cannot agree with you. The problem is no longer a backup PG, it's a backup SF. A month is nothing to sneeze at when the Heat are breathing down are neck.

Forget West! Who is going to backup PP?

Doc may have to go big and let BBD backup PP.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I like this thread.....one about no trades and keeping the team together.  Love it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

In Response to Re: No Need for Big Trades:
    [QUOTE]Sorry but I cannot agree with you. The problem is no longer a backup PG, it's a backup SF. A month is nothing to sneeze at when the Heat are breathing down are neck. Forget West! Who is going to backup PP? Doc may have to go big and let BBD backup PP.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Bias, if you noticed, I said no need for a trade. I did not say we should not get someone from the street. But regardless, a trade at this time, especially for an elite and established team like the C's, will damage their team chemistry.

DWest will be back soon. JON will be back also. And Shaq will be back. And don't be surprise Avery might be recall from DLeague for insurance purposes.

So what I say we really need is "Health."

At least you and I can agree that when Boston is fully healthy, they can be very scary.

Time Will Only Tell

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

[QUOTE]I like this thread.....one about no trades and keeping the team together.  Love it.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Amen.

Time Will Only Tell

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Please stop with the "West will be back and the heavens will open and we won't lose a game". I'm exaggerating but West isn't the issue finding a backup for PP is the issue.

There is no one we have to make a BIG trade anyway. I'm leaning towards dangling Nate for a backup SF.

Stackhouse is the route I would go if it's a guy off the street.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

[QUOTE]Please stop with the "West will be back and the heavens will open and we won't lose a game". I'm exaggerating but West isn't the issue finding a backup for PP is the issue. There is no one we have to make a BIG trade anyway. I'm leaning towards dangling Nate for a backup SF. Stackhouse is the route I would go if it's a guy off the street.

Stackhouse is cool but you don't want to go older. I still think we have enough body. Wafter can play 2 and 3. Big baby can play 3 and 4. Gody can play 3 and 4.

Nate is just too undersized to come in for Pierce. I will use DWest instead.

How about trying KG at small forward. Switching him at 3 and 4. That would be interesting. Anything but a trade.

Time Will Only Tell

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Wafer cannot play SF.

I would say dangle Nate for a trade and see who bites.

KG could play SF but that's too many minutes for him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Because of Quis being on the sidelines for 1-2 months, his history of this kind of injury, and the uncertainty of how durable he will be after he returns, I think DA is weighing his options now concerning a backup SF for PP.
    I agree that the health of this team is the #1 concern for the rest of the season. I posted at the beginning of the season how this issue will determine how much of a run the C's will make for #18.  However, any extra minutes PP plays because there is no good backup for him will put his health at some risk.
    Maybe Doc will employ a new rotation to address this problem.  If he doesn't, I won't be surprised if DA goes out and gets a backup.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

the DREAM scenerio is to land Nick Young and Al Thornton from the Wizards

Suddenly, the Celtics would be DEEP with young athletic wing players

Nick Young is the 2nd coming of Ray Allen and Al Thornton is a young buck who can hang with any athlete in the league. Landing Young and Thornton (and locking them up to 3-4 yr deals) would be the best case scenerio. Ainge has to give Rondo some young studs to run with...

I would include Big Baby in a trade ONLY if both Young and Thornton were in the deal.

Nate, Harangody, Wafer and Marquis all have good value...so does Avery Bradley but we don't want to give up another 19 yr old Chauncy Billups...As much as I love Semi, I would include him in a deal to get both Young and Thornton.......

Landing big , athletic wing players who can hang with beasts like LeBron and D Wade has to be JOB #1 for Danny Ainge.

I say resign Perk to a reasonable deal ($30M/4yrs) and get Nick Young and Al Thornton..............

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

Who can you get for Nate?

Shane Battier is a logical fit but how can you acquire him. Houston will not trade him for any combination of our bench players. I live in Houston, so, I can assure you that. They love him hear and he is very high on the team. Who esle would you suggest for Nate that would make sense for both teams?

Time Will Only Tell

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Wafer cannot play SF. I would say dangle Nate for a trade and see who bites. KG could play SF but that's too many minutes for him.

well, i'll bet he can play it better than jerrry crappehouse.  jerry has washed ashore numerous times over the past few seasons, each one more painful and evident than before.  he hasn't played a relevant moment in the leauge now for at least 2 years if not 3. 

so you'll have to scrape up something better than that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticjay. Show celticjay's posts

[QUOTE]Who can you get for Nate? Shane Battier is a logical fit but how can you acquire him. Houston will not trade him for any combination of our bench players. I live in Houston, so, I can assure you that. They love him hear and he is very high on the team. Who esle would you suggest for Nate that would make sense for both teams?                                  Time Will Only Tell                                   
    Posted by ChiefEddie1028[/QUOTE]

Battier please.

Nate, Bradley and next years 1st should get it done.

Battier has also publicy mentioned his uncertainty with the team and his future. If he get's a taste of Boston and a deep playoff run, I'm sure he'd stick it out another year if the lockout doesn't come..

Get it done DA!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Need for Big Trades : Battier please. Nate, Bradley and next years 1st should get it done. Battier has also publicy mentioned his uncertainty with the team and his future. If he get's a taste of Boston and a deep playoff run, I'm sure he'd stick it out another year if the lockout doesn't come.. Get it done DA!!
    Posted by celticjay[/QUOTE]

Nate and Bradley for Battier does not work according to the espn trade machine.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticjay. Show celticjay's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Need for Big Trades : Nate and Bradley for Battier does not work according to the espn trade machine.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

trade machine doesn't account for draft picks.  Can always toss in gody or wafer if no pick is sent

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Bias - you do love trades, don't you?  We keep explaining to you that trades take time for the team to work.  Learning a defense, learning an offense, and getting chemistry takes time.  A trades sends away several players in roles they are used to and that the rest of the team is used to.

If we need to make a move, then picking up someone who's been bought out or picking up someone from the D league or who is out of the league (no, not Old Azz Stackhouse) is the way to go.  A trade just disrupts the team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]Bias - you do love trades, don't you?  We keep explaining to you that trades take time for the team to work.  Learning a defense, learning an offense, and getting chemistry takes time.  A trades sends away several players in roles they are used to and that the rest of the team is used to. If we need to make a move, then picking up someone who's been bought out or picking up someone from the D league or who is out of the league (no, not Old Azz Stackhouse) is the way to go.  A trade just disrupts the team.

Mr. GM, you think it's easy to come up with a solution? Instead of criticizing my choice of Stackhouse. Let me hear what you would do if you were in Ainge's tough shoes??

Dude, why do you think I brought up POSEY a month ago. Some laugh at the idea but I knew we would get to the point where we needed a backup SF. It's either you make a move for Posey...a guy who knows the defense, knows his teammates and it's easier to incorporate him back into the mix.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

[QUOTE]Bias - you do love trades, don't you?  We keep explaining to you that trades take time for the team to work.  Learning a defense, learning an offense, and getting chemistry takes time.  A trades sends away several players in roles they are used to and that the rest of the team is used to. If we need to make a move, then picking up someone who's been bought out or picking up someone from the D league or who is out of the league (no, not Old Azz Stackhouse) is the way to go.  A trade just disrupts the team.

Excellent Post. Good reasoning.

Bias, you really need to listen to Celtics4life. He knows what he is talking about.

Time Will Only Tell

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Need for Big Trades : Mr. GM, you think it's easy to come up with a solution? Instead of criticizing my choice of Stackhouse. Let me hear what you would do if you were in Ainge's tough shoes?? Dude, why do you think I brought up POSEY a month ago. Some laugh at the idea but I knew we would get to the point where we needed a backup SF. It's either you make a move for Posey...a guy who knows the defense, knows his teammates and it's easier to incorporate him back into the mix.
    You know, Bias, off the top of my head, if Von Wafer doesn't work out at backup SF over the next 2 weeks (and I think it's safe to say Doc will be putting him there), Posey might be a good option.  Spreads the floor, plays good D, and has experience with the C's system.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Need for Big Trades : Excellent Post. Good reasoning. Bias, you really need to listen to Celtics4life. He knows what he is talking about.                                      Time Will Only Tell                                   
    Posted by ChiefEddie1028[/QUOTE]

I don't need to listen to C4Life. I've been right about so many topics on this board it's not even funny. Picking up Stackhouse may not be a sexy popular move but we aren't getting an All Star to backup PP.

All I hear is criticism. Let's hear some suggestions. It's a tough decision for Ainge.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Need for Big Trades : I don't need to listen to C4Life. I've been right about so many topics on this board it's not even funny. Picking up Stackhouse may not be a sexy popular move but we aren't getting an All Star to backup PP. All I hear is criticism. Let's hear some suggestions. It's a tough decision for Ainge.

Like you were right about signing Mikki Moore? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Um, do you'll know how tall Von Wafer is??? He's 6'5 and he has a slight build. He doesn't play the kind of defense Quis or Tony Allen plays so TA can get away with it.