No need to tax any players now on back-to-back games!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: No need to tax any players now on back-to-back games!!!

In Response to No need to tax any players now on back-to-back games!!!:
    [QUOTE]Those are killers for older players who are too proud to admit they are too old for those anymore. You want to bring it! But, your body won't let you! Are we talking 70 wins again if even moderately healthy? Hellyea!!!!
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking 65

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

It all depends on how well our bench plays.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

I love you guys enthusiasm BUT as we learned this past season why expend yourself and win 60+ games in the regular season?The Celtics are about winning Championships not 60+ meaningless games.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: No need to tax any players now on back-to-back games!!!:
    [QUOTE]I love you guys enthusiasm BUT as we learned this past season why expend yourself and win 60+ games in the regular season?The Celtics are about winning Championships not 60+ meaningless games.
    Posted by rickrand3[/QUOTE]
    No one said win 65 games, re-read the OP.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

We'll see how the injuries play out in terms of minutes. They still need a swingman to give Pierce and Ray a blow. I know we resigned Marquis but are we getting the good version or the bad/injured version? Thank goodness ainge was smart enough not to toss Sheed's contract into a sign/trade with the Cavs for Shaq. We'll need that contract to add depth at the 2/3.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Fierce, I believe if the Celtics had a solid rebounder in Game 7, the Celtics would have won no matter WHERE the game was played.  Don't you agree?

It doesn't matter that the game was NOT played at TD Garden.

With a better rebounding effort, we win game 7 going away.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

For those who say Shaq doesn't have much left in the tank, you may be right.

--A Ferrari with half a tank of gas is better than a Dodge Stratus.
    The depth on this team is what allowed for the Shaq signing. These guys can't play the same minutes they used to, but it will be scary what they will be able to do as a team.

--Some say Shaq is too slow and will slow down the Rondo fast break. Shaq will rebound and allow for the break to get started. This team slowed down a lot because they couldn't rebound effectively.

--Others say Shaqs ego is huge. Ok. You are right, but the Celtics as a team put together a finals run with a volatile Rasheed Wallace. If anything, the Celtics will be more likeable. Given the state of the NBA and its officials, there is no telling how important that will be.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

In Response to Re: No need to tax any players now on back-to-back games!!!:
    [QUOTE]I love you guys enthusiasm BUT as we learned this past season why expend yourself and win 60+ games in the regular season?The Celtics are about winning Championships not 60+ meaningless games.
    Posted by rickrand3[/QUOTE]
       Don't underestimate the advantage of having home court advantage during the playoffs. The Lakers beat the Celtics less than 2 months ago because they had home court advantage over the C's. I think if the C's had home court advantage that they would have won the championship. Unfortunately last season, the C's weren't in position to get home court advantage, so Doc did the right thing by resting his aging stars late in the regular season.
        This upcoming season there will be more depth and therefore the big 3 should not have to play as many minutes. I would like to see R.A average in the upper 20's, Pierce 30 and K.G about 25 minutes.
        The C's have the depth to handle it this season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

fierce34 and mem17, there is no doubt that having home court advantage usually favors that home team.  I'd say that applies 99% of the time.  However, this Celtics team represents the 1%.  This team has proven it had the uncanny ability to win games on the road.

Round one vs Miami was the only series in which the Celtics had home court advantage and honestly it was not a factor.  The Celtics won at least one away game in each series.  The home court advantage was never a factor in the playoffs for the Celtics last season.  I believe THIS Celtics team goes against that philosophy.

Again, forget the fact that game 7 was in LA.  If the Celtics rebounded better, we would have won.  I would not say that if the game was in Boston, the Celtics most likely would have won.  We needed to rebound the basketball regardless of where we played.