No Ray tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

No Ray tonight

Ray Allen will not play tonight. his ankle has swelled up AGAIN but will travel with the team to Toronto. Go Sasha!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: No Ray tonight

In Response to No Ray tonight:
    [QUOTE]Ray Allen will not play tonight. his ankle has swelled up AGAIN but will travel with the team to Toronto. Go Sasha!
    Posted by upperco1[/QUOTE]

The return of Keeyon Dooling...now that's exciting.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

In Response to Re: No Ray tonight:
    [QUOTE]In Response to No Ray tonight : The return of Keeyon Dooling...now that's exciting.  
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Tommy Heinson thinks Sasha will get more minutes. Pietrus will play 5 or so minutes tonight also

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Ray tonight : Tommy Heinson thinks Sasha will get more minutes. Pietrus will play 5 or so minutes tonight also
    Posted by upperco1[/QUOTE]

Sasha has been playing great.  Even when he hasn't been scoring he has been playing good D and even getting some boards.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Ray tonight : Sasha has been playing great.  Even when he hasn't been scoring he has been playing good D and even getting some boards.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]
    I like the guy. I mean, he was a pretty good player with the cavs. No world beater, but should be a solid bench guy for sure.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Man that concerns me on Ray.  Maybe Doc needs to rest him thru the 3 game stretch coming up, or maybe wait till the last game.  We need his offense.  We were lucky tonight the Pietrus played as well as he did considering he hasn't been playing. Gutcheck win.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Ray got a cortisone (powerful antiinflammatory) shot and the swelling went down.
    No swelling, less pain and more mobility.
    Problem is, the cortisone wears off after awhile, and if the underlying injury isn't completely healed, you guessed it, the swelling comes back after the injury gets restressed.
    Worst case scenario - Think Shaq last year.
    Best case scenario - This time the swelling is less,  and  the injury will resolve itself soon.
    Hoping for the best, but sometimes it seems like adversity is this teams middlename.
    Ubuntu Adversity Celtics.
    Almost like the sound of that

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Ray Allen did not travel to Toronto. He's day-to-day with a sore right ankle.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Well, with peitrus back and avery and sahsa playing well, why not let him get to 100%?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Agree, Cole-ly.  I sense the problem is that they don't know what 100% is until they test it.  When he starts to feel good, he does shoot around and then it swells.

Something is wrong and the doctors HAVE to have SOME theory as to why this is occuring.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Agree, Cole-ly.  I sense the problem is that they don't know what 100% is until they test it.  When he starts to feel good, he does shoot around and then it swells. Something is wrong and the doctors HAVE to have SOME theory as to why this is occuring.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Not so sure about they have to have some theory.  I was having heart problems and had so many tests on my heart that I was so confused on what to do. I was told time and time again that I didn't have heart problems.  Boom they finally found it,  and probably just in the nick of time.  Of course that is more complicated than the ankle (i think) but sometimes it is really hard to diagnose problems.   BTW mine was at the age of 48 and still playing every sport possible.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Ray tonight : Not so sure about they have to have some theory.  I was having heart problems and had so many tests on my heart that I was so confused on what to do. I was told time and time again that I didn't have heart problems.  Boom they finally found it,  and probably just in the nick of time.  Of course that is more complicated than the ankle (i think) but sometimes it is really hard to diagnose problems.   BTW mine was at the age of 48 and still playing every sport possible.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Glad they found your problem in time, man.  I have a heart problem and its the scariest thing, isn't it?   But, the ankle should be easier - there's less that can go wrong.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Ray tonight : Glad they found your problem in time, man.  I have a heart problem and its the scariest thing, isn't it?   But, the ankle should be easier - there's less that can go wrong.

I would like to see Moore get playing time. This kid can be a good player, just needs minutes!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Ray got a cortisone (powerful antiinflammatory) shot and the swelling went down. No swelling, less pain and more mobility. Problem is, the cortisone wears off after awhile, and if the underlying injury isn't completely healed, you guessed it, the swelling comes back after the injury gets restressed. Worst case scenario - Think Shaq last year. Best case scenario - This time the swelling is less,  and  the injury will resolve itself soon. Hoping for the best, but sometimes it seems like adversity is this teams middlename. Ubuntu Adversity Celtics. Almost like the sound of that
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

We can only hope for a quick recovery for Ray.  It would be very difficult for the Celtics in the playoffs without Ray playing every game.  This team has definitely had many unusual injuries, (2 players out with heart problems), but injuries similar to Ray's are very common.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Ray tonight : Glad they found your problem in time, man.  I have a heart problem and its the scariest thing, isn't it?   But, the ankle should be easier - there's less that can go wrong.

they got yours under control I hope.   I remember my wife saying right before surgery,  "its no big deal, they do this every day"  I am thinking and finally said      " Yea it no big deal if their not doing it to you" 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Houston, we may have a problem

Allen is still slowed by that troublesome right ankle that is not improving, according to Rivers.

"None at all really," Rivers said when asked if Allen made progress. "That's becoming obviously troublesome for us. Maybe by the Miami game we can get him back. There is just concern that the ankle is not responding and we need him."

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2012/04/rondo_allen_pie.html

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

There is something going on with Ray and it is not all his ankle.  The last player you would expect this from.  The minutes that everyone is playing now are going to effect the playoffs and you  have to ask why Ray can't play hurt for part of these games.

Doc's comments seem to be saying he is fed up with something.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]There is something going on with Ray and it is not all his ankle.  The last player you would expect this from.  The minutes that everyone is playing now are going to effect the playoffs and you  have to ask why Ray can't play hurt for part of these games. Doc's comments seem to be saying he is fed up with something.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]
    Don't see that. Think you're reading too much into it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]There is something going on with Ray and it is not all his ankle.  The last player you would expect this from.  The minutes that everyone is playing now are going to effect the playoffs and you  have to ask why Ray can't play hurt for part of these games. Doc's comments seem to be saying he is fed up with something.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

You're reading into something that is just not there. It's probably obvious that Ray would rather start, but he's a team player as always and will do whatever is necessary to help his team win. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Ray tonight : Don't see that. Think you're reading too much into it.
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]
    I am reading into it and I hope you guys are right and I am not.