No Woman No Cry

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

No Woman No Cry

A mid-season loss like this to the Bobcats doesn't bother me much or give me cause for concern, and it certainly doesn't get my panties all in a bunch and cause me to get all a twitter with anxiety.  No team wins every game.

The sky isn't falling, Chicken Little.

A Monday night loss, 2nd half of a back-to-back after a big, emotional win over an arch-rival on Sunday afternoon before a national audience?

An older team that's been depleted by injuries and was even more so last night?

It's a long season and our eyes are on the prize way down the road.

I can't be bothered to get upset over every regular season loss, and to get upset over losing the 2nd half of back-to-backs?  Do you get bonus points for winning those or something.  LoL. 

It was expected going into the season that the 2nd half of back-to-backs would be a problem, and it is.  So what?  There are no back-to-backs in the playoffs.

To read the tenor of this board one would be hard pressed to imagine that the Celtics are in first place and the team most other teams get sky-high for because for them it is a play-off game, a huge notch in their belt if they get lucky and catch the C's on an off night, but it's mid-season.  LoL

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: No Woman No Cry

The sky isn't falling but the Celtics have very little chicken left on the bench.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: No Woman No Cry:
    [QUOTE]The sky isn't falling but the Celtics have very little chicken left on the bench.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

-

Didn't your Mama ever tell you, these things have a way of working themselves out.

Pleeeeeeeese.  Have fun with your wild trade scenairos, but may cooler heads prevail in the Celtic's front office.

The sky is not falling, the bottom is not dropping out of the Celtic's season.  this is adversity and teams like the C's fight through it and don't start pulling the trigger on trades because of this situation.

They may make a move but it won't be out of panic and they will try mightily to not disrupt the chemistry this team seems to have.

Now is the time to watch and see what the C's are made of and pull for them to come through, not to push the panic button and heap ceaseless, unwarranted criticism on our 1st place Celts. 

I like our team, and the ups and downs are part of the process.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

RR, that is what I've been saying in all these posts where folks are running around with their heads cut off that the Cs will be okay.  These fickle instant gratification fans nowadays.  Thank God DA isnt listening to folks on BDC or any other forum, blog, or discussion board.  He would have traded everyone away by now and the season lost.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

thats what im sayin..people forget that we were doing WORSE than this last year!! we were slumping like terrible!! i think we are in fantastic position and we are proving we can beat anyone in the NBA wen we need to. lets be honest its gunna be hard to get up for a team like the Bobcats when they are facing a stretch including the Magic Lakers and Heat. idc about losses like this, nor do i care wen we win against teams like this..it just doesnt matter.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

RR, that is what I've been saying in all these posts where folks are running around with their heads cut off that the Cs will be okay.  These fickle instant gratification fans nowadays.  Thank God DA isnt listening to folks on BDC or any other forum, blog, or discussion board.  He would have traded everyone away by now and the season lost.

Posted by jdm894g

-

I guess right now the board is dominated by a handful of posters who post often and a lot and are obsessed with playing the role of GM wanna-b, and for that reason it is convenient for them to assert that the Celtics are not a good team as currently constituted even though this view flies is the face of all available evidence.

This is why these posters jump on the trade bandwagon and try to get everyone to push the panic button over a great-game, close-loss to the Mavs or a largely inconsequential loss to the Bobcats on a back-to-back road game.  It suits their purpose which is to post more and more outlandish trade nonsense on the board and to ferment panic.

Here's what Doc said, to paraphrase:  Depending on Marquis' condition and how long he will be out, the C's may make a roster move, meaning trade.  No one from the Celtics is floating any trade scenarios that I have heard of.

Danny Ainge said:  "I like our team [as constituted].

I guess if making up and proposing trades is your cup of tea, it's fun, but it makes this board look like less than a fan board and is irritating for many of us who just get fed up and quit posting.

And the relentless criticism here of a Celtic's team that has held down 1st place all season and has the 2nd best record in the NBA surely says more about the posters here than it does about the Celtics.  As Tommy always says , "GIVE ME A BREAK!'

There are currently 9 trade threads on the 1st page of the board.

Wake me when it's over.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Good post Rajon.  But, you should recognize that this is similar to last year's panic by a few posters.  Not all of us have lost faith in the team.  Posts like "they can't closeout a game" are from those who overreact, but there is a strong contingent of fans like you and me who have faith that Danny will act with restraint, not panic, and will make the right moves, if any, only around the edges.

Go get number 18, Celtics!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]Good post Rajon.  But, you should recognize that this is similar to last year's panic by a few posters.  Not all of us have lost faith in the team.  Posts like "they can't closeout a game" are from those who overreact, but there is a strong contingent of fans like you and me who have faith that Danny will act with restraint, not panic, and will make the right moves, if any, only around the edges. Go get number 18, Celtics!

Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

-

Thanks for the reassurance, Man.  I forget that it's gets crazy around here during February, before the trade deadline.

Remember when the board wanted to trade Ray?  What fun would that have been if we were waiting for him to break the record with another team.

I love the way the nonsense posts are coming.  BBD for Betty Davis . . .LoL

Keep the faith, Bro, and damn the torpedeos, full-steam ahead.

Wake me when it's over.