Not a Bulls believer.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Not a Bulls believer.

The C's got Ray and Paul, Miami Wade and James, L.A., San Antonio, OKC all got guys. Who does Chicago got to go to when they need a big 3 to tie or go for a win? Korver, has he hit a game winning 3 in his life? Boozer...no. Rose? I am not a believer in Rose hitting a big 3 at this point in his career. Deng...Nah. I noticed this at the end of the game against Indy. It's making me less and less a believer in Chicago this year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Not a Bulls believer.

The Bulls are having a tough time with the Pacers... btw Korver did hit a big 3 in this series.

But also remember how we struggled in our title year with the Hawks and Cavs.

One thing about Rose is his game requires so much athleticism, twisting his body, hard drives extending himself to the max.... he could be a guy capable of getting worn out. Even a little injury could hamper his game more so than most players.

Still too early to write them off by any stretch. Deng is a go-to guy for them. HEs playing pretty good ball and isnt afraid  to drive or shoot and make the big play.  Rose has slacked off the last few games in terms of efficiency... but it may be the only slack off hes had most of this season..

Still a big threat to win the title but I see where ur coming from.. playoffs are different than regular season.. tim e will tell

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

The Bulls are not a championship oriented team. They don't have guys who can play in big games. They have never been in any big game situation. They will surely be exposed in the second round by either Atlanta or Orlando.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

In Response to Re: Not a Bulls believer.:
    [QUOTE]The Bulls are having a tough time with the Pacers... btw Korver did hit a big 3 in this series. But also remember how we struggled in our title year with the Hawks and Cavs. One thing about Rose is his game requires so much athleticism, twisting his body, hard drives extending himself to the max.... he could be a guy capable of getting worn out. Even a little injury could hamper his game more so than most players. Still too early to write them off by any stretch. Deng is a go-to guy for them. HEs playing pretty good ball and isnt afraid  to drive or shoot and make the big play.  Rose has slacked off the last few games in terms of efficiency... but it may be the only slack off hes had most of this season.. Still a big threat to win the title but I see where ur coming from.. playoffs are different than regular season.. tim e will tell
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]
    I agree with what your saying Karl. Was Korvers 3 a game winner with time running out? I don't know, please let me know.Don't get me wrong, I like Korver and Deng shooting, I just don't fear them taking that last shot. Not until they prove more to me. And, as great as Rose is, his outside game still isn't quite there yet.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Isn't Star play a Laker theme? I thought Team play was the Celtic theme.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]Isn't Star play a Laker theme? I thought Team play was the Celtic theme.
    Posted by MinnesotaCelticsFan[/QUOTE]
    The team doesn't take the last big shot of the game. You are grasping at straws here son.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Not a Bulls believer.:
    [QUOTE]The C's got Ray and Paul, Miami Wade and James, L.A., San Antonio, OKC all got guys. Who does Chicago got to go to when they need a big 3 to tie or go for a win? Korver, has he hit a game winning 3 in his life? Boozer...no. Rose? I am not a believer in Rose hitting a big 3 at this point in his career. Deng...Nah. I noticed this at the end of the game against Indy. It's making me less and less a believer in Chicago this year.
    Posted by OneNation[/QUOTE]

The Spurs will be watching the Bulls play in the second round.

All I have needed to see from the Bulls to make me a believer is how they held the Cs below 80 in their last two meetings where a game winning shot was not necessary and where Rose destroyed Rondo each time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Not a Bulls believer. : The Spurs will be watching the Bulls play in the second round. All I have needed to see from the Bulls to make me a believer is how they held the Cs below 80 in their last two meetings where a game winning shot was not necessary and where Rose destroyed Rondo each time.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]
    Couple points Dud. This is not the regular season, different animal. To me Chicago is the same team, Boston, right now, is a different team. They seem to be turning it up a notch, in my opinion. Also, Chicago hasn't proven anything in the post season. The only real truth comes from Karl when he states "time will tell."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

So Dudder,...

Do you live in Chicago, or one of the suburbs?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not a Bulls believer. : Couple points Dud. This is not the regular season, different animal. To me Chicago is the same team, Boston, right now, is a different team. They seem to be turning it up a notch, in my opinion. Also, Chicago hasn't proven anything in the post season. The only real truth comes from Karl when he states "time will tell."

You are absolutely correct - the Cs are a different team right now.  The kind that absent injuries to Amare and Billups could be looking at game 4 as a must win to keep from going down 3 to 1.

The Cs seem to be turning it up a notch?  THE OTHER TEAM IS MISSING ITS BEST PLAYER AND ITS 3RD BEST PLAYER AND THE CS WERE LUCKY TO WIN THE FIRST TWO GAMES.  Only on planet ONENATION would that be considered turning it up a notch.

In the last two regular season games against the Bulls, the Cs should have made those statement games and should have punched the Bulls in the mouth and said we are still the big dawgs in the East, instead they walked away with their collective tails between their legs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]So Dudder,... Do you live in Chicago, or one of the suburbs?

Been to Chicago many times and I love it there, one of my top 10 cities to visit.  But I don't live there.

Here is what I read in this thread - "the Bulls are having a tough time against INdy".... as if the Cs have destroyed the Knicks, absent the injuries the Cs could very well be looking at today's game as a must win to keep from going down 3 to 1, they barely won games 1 and 2 and somehow one should not believe in the Bulls but the Cs are obviously going to win a title..... 

I am about the only objective person on the whole board.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

One,

Since the Bulls are "Celtic disciples", I thought they would get more respect.

It is true that Ray is the best clutch shooter in the NBA, and that Pierce is pretty good as well, however if I were building a "team" it would start with KG. ... oh and don't forget Rondo and our center.

If you always wait for the last shot to win games, you don't win many championships, after all, even Ray who shoots better than 60% misses 40% of the time, and most of the other "clutch shooter" make less than 50% of their shots.

The Celtic 2008 championship was predicated on great defense, and defense will again be the main reason, along with pick-your poison offense that wins banner number 18.  Last shot wins are great theater, but depending on them to win games is usually less effective than flipping a coin.

...pretty good straws huh?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]One, Since the Bulls are "Celtic disciples", I thought they would get more respect. It is true that Ray is the best clutch shooter in the NBA, and that Pierce is pretty good as well, however if I were building a "team" it would start with KG. ... oh and don't forget Rondo and our center. If you always wait for the last shot to win games, you don't win many championships, after all, even Ray who shoots better than 60% misses 40% of the time, and most of the other "clutch shooter" make less than 50% of their shots. The Celtic 2008 championship was predicated on great defense, and defense will again be the main reason, along with pick-your poison offense that wins banner number 18.  Last shot wins are great theater, but depending on them to win games is usually less effective than flipping a coin. ...pretty good straws huh?

In the Cs games with the Bulls this year there were not last second shots, there was however a Celtics team that walked off the floor having been held to less than 80 points, so yes defense does go a long way toward winning.

We should start a different thread.... After Miami beats the Cs will BDC bloggers still watch the playoffs?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]One, Since the Bulls are "Celtic disciples", I thought they would get more respect. It is true that Ray is the best clutch shooter in the NBA, and that Pierce is pretty good as well, however if I were building a "team" it would start with KG. ... oh and don't forget Rondo and our center. If you always wait for the last shot to win games, you don't win many championships, after all, even Ray who shoots better than 60% misses 40% of the time, and most of the other "clutch shooter" make less than 50% of their shots. The Celtic 2008 championship was predicated on great defense, and defense will again be the main reason, along with pick-your poison offense that wins banner number 18.  Last shot wins are great theater, but depending on them to win games is usually less effective than flipping a coin. ...pretty good straws huh?
    Good points. But, it wasn't pertinent to the question of the bulls not having the guy to take the big shot.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

One,

I guess my point is, that you don't need guys to take the last shot if you play the right way. It never hurts to have guys like Ray, and Paul that are clutch shooters, however, it will be teams that win or lose.

How about Rose, he is the likely league MVP this year?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Dudder,

See my response to you in the Celtics are finally playing like Celtics.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Here is my take, the Bulls do have a big three but, Luol Deng and Carlos Boozer keep deferring to Rose, whose FG% is atrocious.  Deng is legit and Boozer can be a handful, but they are letting Rose hold the ball too long.  The only team that concerns me in the East is Orlando... 
    Posted by ShepherdCall[/QUOTE]

The team in the east that concerns you is the one that will be watching the second round?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]One, I guess my point is, that you don't need guys to take the last shot if you play the right way. It never hurts to have guys like Ray, and Paul that are clutch shooters, however, it will be teams that win or lose. How about Rose, he is the likely league MVP this year?
    I agree with you about the team concept Minn. I am also a believer of individuality in the game. Some guys are better than others, some are more siuited to take the "shot" than others. You don't draw a play up for Baby or Rajon to take a shot with seconds left being down by 2. I don't think Chi has that player. Rose is the MVP this year, can he make the big 3 when it counts? Prove it!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not a Bulls believer. : Good points. But, it wasn't pertinent to the question of the bulls not having the guy to take the big shot.

Just about everyday on ESPN's top 10 plays of the day - Rose is featured making a 3 or destroying someone off the bounce and dunking in someone's face......... how is this even a valid question?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not a Bulls believer. : I agree with you about the team concept Minn. I am also a believer of individuality in the game. Some guys are better than others, some are more siuited to take the "shot" than others. You don't draw a play up for Baby or Rajon to take a shot with seconds left being down by 2. I don't think Chi has that player. Rose is the MVP this year, can he make the big 3 when it counts? Prove it!

Rose makes big 3s every night, they just don't usually matter all that much when they are ahead by a dozen or so..... just like it didn't last two times the Cs played the Bulls, last second shots were not necessary.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Here is my take, the Bulls do have a big three but, Luol Deng and Carlos Boozer keep deferring to Rose, whose FG% is atrocious.  Deng is legit and Boozer can be a handful, but they are letting Rose hold the ball too long.  The only team that concerns me in the East is Orlando... 

I am still not convinced that Orlando will win this series   It will be interesting to see who wins today.   Before this series began, I thought Orlando would win, but I believe either team could win.  
    The bulls are a great team, but definitely not showing it during the playoffs. Similar to the Spurs.  I never would have predicted that they would be down 2 to 1 in their series against Memphis.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Rose's FG percentage atrocious..... wow..... if Rondo took half of the shots from the points where Rose's shots are taken (with someone actually defending him) he would shoot about 10%.

Rose makes 45% of his shots which includes 33% of his 3s, and 86 percent from the line.  Rondo shoots 47% from the field mostly from within 2 feet, completely avoids going to the line and completely avoids taking 3s even when there is nobody anywhere near him.  If teams gave Rose the kind of space that Rondo gets he would average 60 ppg.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Rose put up koME numbers in the last game 6-22 - ouch!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not a Bulls believer. :   Just about everyday on ESPN's top 10 plays of the day - Rose is featured making a 3 or destroying someone off the bounce and dunking in someone's face......... how is this even a valid question?
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]
    Dud, post the number of playoff games where Rose has won the game on his last shot. Don't be so vague.