Not a miracle was going to save the celtics tonight!!!!!:)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

Not a miracle was going to save the celtics tonight!!!!!:)

First of all the positives about the celtics...

1. I wish we had a player with rondos heart.

2. Pierce played like the superstar that he is.

3. Overall the celtics played hard. They deserve a lot of credit.

Now the negatives..

1. Rondos injury

2. Shac is done he old and injured.

3. They said garnet had a face of determination? What was it good for?

4. Jermaine Oneal i told you he is a wreck. And didnt make an impact in the game. Played well though but didnt make much noise.

Overall the celts are a great team but injuries and age have taken a toll. Miami is just learning to play together as a team. Im hoping they will get better in the next round if we happen to advance.

The series isnt over yet.

The celts still have the ability to beat the team at miami. They are that good.

Stay tuned.

May the best team win!!!!

GO HEAT.Smile

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Re: Not a miracle was going to save the celtics tonight!!!!!:)

Doc can not coach this team to another win...the body language is what: "Green, Murphy, Arroyo, Sasha...you know that I think you suxk, now go in there and burn it up for 5 minutes"...yeah baby! Needless to say I'm really down on the coach...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

In Response to Re: Not a miracle was going to save the celtics tonight!!!!!:):
    [QUOTE]Let's just say Wade3, that WADE should have been suspended for his leg sweep of Rondo. And it was a definate leg sweep. A guy with such skill did not need to pull a dirty play like that and suffer no consequences for it. It is a shame he has taken his game to that low a level. The Cs coughed this one up for sure. The Heat are a good team, but if they continue to play like thugs, they will eventually get theirs. Good effort. We shall see what game 5 brings. I see it coming back to Boston.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

Oh please stop it.

Wade and rondo got tangled up and wade was just trying to get away from rondo who had him locked up from behind.

Stop making excuses.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Good post Wade......you put things in perspective....my complaint with your team? ..really only that LeBron is allowed to travel and run over people without getting called for the charge.....that is the NBA.....the rules for stars were changed 25 years ago...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

hey, it is a good series.  I'm always down on the refs, but that's just me.  It doesn't have anything to do with Miami, I just think the league has a real issue with refs either just not being good and consistent, or worse steering games one way or the other and making calls one way for one player and another for someone else.  Calls off the top of my head in this game, DW steals the ball, but steps on the sideline in front of the ref, no call; DW gets blocked by KG, foul called.  JO gets hacked underneath, no call.  I'm also not saying these things never happen for the Celtics - it just stands out more when your team loses.  All these calls seem like easy calls to make, I just don't believe with how many hundreds of millions of dollars in player salary running around on the floor, that the refs just make that many mistakes. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

the refs gave the celtics every chance to steal last night's game and they still couldnt do it

go heat!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

[QUOTE]Good post Wade......you put things in perspective....my complaint with your team? ..really only that LeBron is allowed to travel and run over people without getting called for the charge.....that is the NBA.....the rules for stars were changed 25 years ago...
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Also take into consideration the foul shac gave who was it i think it was lebron shac bear hugged lebron then lebron got away made the shot and the foul wasnt called.

I think it goes both ways.....I agree we are getting some calls but you guys are getting some as well.

The refs are only human and they definetely make mistakes.

Sometimes i wish they would just make the right call all the time and we wouldnt have to worry about them making so many bad calls.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Only one thing worse than a sore loser and that is a sore winner.  I thought last night's game was THE best officiated of the series.  And I am a former ref!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]Only one thing worse than a sore loser and that is a sore winner.  I thought last night's game was THE best officiated of the series.  And I am a former ref!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    and a former ref that is a beyond bias celtics fan

congrats

the refs gave the celtics every possible chance to win and they still couldnt

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not a miracle was going to save the celtics tonight!!!!!:) : and a former ref that is a beyond bias celtics fan congrats the refs gave the celtics every possible chance to win and they still couldnt
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

Ouch!!!!!!!!Smile

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigJoedaddyBoston. Show BigJoedaddyBoston's posts

A fair post Wade3, I respect that.

I think BBD killed us this series and Doc's blind faith in him.   Not that I would want to see Kristic out there.   Why doesn't Jeff Green play more?    I am not a huge fan of green but if you give up Perk, one of our starters, and go down this road, then go with it.    Green is fast.   Sometimes he drives me crazy when he can't catch a pass or when he plays poor defense.  However, last night I thought his D was pretty good and he should have played more.  Instead DOC kept ice cold slow Big Baby dumb dumb in there.    KG was ice cold but Miami D played him hard.   Rondo missed a layup right at the end of regulation that hurt us.  Also, PP played well but made to many passed at the end of reg instead of scoring.  He would drive and pass. One pass was to D west and it was a good pass.  The other he could have scored but tried to make heroic pass in traffic (terrible odds) and it was a key turnover.   KG tried to be a hero on D (which ended up being a huge liability) to compensate for his ice cold shooting.  He left bosh and tried to cover bron one on one which resulted in a bosh tip of LBJ's missed shot.  Bosh covered by little ray allen.   Stupid!!!  D west has played great this series.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not a miracle was going to save the celtics tonight!!!!!:) : Oh please stop it. Wade and rondo got tangled up and wade was just trying to get away from rondo who had him locked up from behind. Stop making excuses.
    Posted by Wade3[/QUOTE]

I'm a loyal Celtics fan and I agree with Wade3. Enough already! Wade is not a dirty player, never has been. Stuff happens, move on!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not a miracle was going to save the celtics tonight!!!!!:) : and a former ref that is a beyond bias celtics fan congrats the refs gave the celtics every possible chance to win and they still couldnt

so much for leaving me alone!!!

Where were you after Game 3??  Oh, yeah, that's right, you don't do losses.

Game was fairly officiated - Game 3 was a joke, but last night was much better - and I believe the HEAT were in the bonus with 7 mins to go in the very close 4th quarter - but, I know, the refs were TRYING to let the Celtics win, right?  YEAH, RIGHT!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Even I'm not going to complain about the ref's last night.  Calls were even.  Miami just came up wiht he goods.  Kudo's to lebron for shooting better than ray allen.  They are the best team in basketball right now.

But I have bad news for you heat fans.  You'll lose in the finals to a predetermined nba champion...the mavs.  Chisel it in stone.  Write in on the wall.  Stern will help Cuban recover the costs of his big arena.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Even I'm not going to complain about the ref's last night.  Calls were even.  Miami just came up wiht he goods.  Kudo's to lebron for shooting better than ray allen.  They are the best team in basketball right now. But I have bad news for you heat fans.  You'll lose in the finals to a predetermined nba champion...the mavs.  Chisel it in stone.  Write in on the wall.  Stern will help Cuban recover the costs of his big arena.
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]

I agree that Dallas may indeed win the NBA championship this year.  They finally showed up in the playoffs this year and are playing great basketball.  It will be interesting to watch the next series against the winner of OKC and Memphis. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]Even I'm not going to complain about the ref's last night.  Calls were even.  Miami just came up wiht he goods.  Kudo's to lebron for shooting better than ray allen.  They are the best team in basketball right now. But I have bad news for you heat fans.  You'll lose in the finals to a predetermined nba champion...the mavs.  Chisel it in stone.  Write in on the wall.  Stern will help Cuban recover the costs of his big arena.
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]
    I don't believe for a second that the mavs will beat the heat.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not a miracle was going to save the celtics tonight!!!!!:) : I'm a loyal Celtics fan and I agree with Wade3. Enough already! Wade is not a dirty player, never has been. Stuff happens, move on!
    Posted by cshashaty[/QUOTE]

And i know you are a dolphin fan as well. And im too. GO PHINS.

They were raving about one of your articles over at phin.com.

Good JobSmile

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Whan and IF Celtics lose, I shall not watch another game.  My care factor will be zero.  Seems to me Stern faces a tough road.  Without his beloved lakers, I see the Bulls making it over the Heat.  Yes, people everywhere will be buying Rose shirts and jumping on the bandwagon, which is, of course, what he wants.  The Mavs, as good as they are, will not beat the Bulls!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not a miracle was going to save the celtics tonight!!!!!:) : so much for leaving me alone!!! Where were you after Game 3??  Oh, yeah, that's right, you don't do losses. Game was fairly officiated - Game 3 was a joke, but last night was much better - and I believe the HEAT were in the bonus with 7 mins to go in the very close 4th quarter - but, I know, the refs were TRYING to let the Celtics win, right?  YEAH, RIGHT!!!!!
    you call me out, i call you out...fair is fair right?

and i was at my best friend's wedding rehersal...is that ok with you? computer access is difficult when double fis.ting tasty beers

and last night was much better, but the celtics were very, very clearly favored especially so in the 1st half

and fouls that the celtics committed on the heat in the 2nd half were well earned and not gimmies

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I did not call you out!!  I disagreed with a post you wrote.  I don't think I even hit the reply button.  Several people commented about the officiating, and several more have since!!  I think it was a well-officiated game, unlike Games 1 and 3.  I am one of those unique people, however, who think the PLAYERS actually win and lose the games, not the refs........and certaintly not Vanessa (Yoko Ono) Bryant!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]I did not call you out!!  I disagreed with a post you wrote.  I don't think I even hit the reply button.  Several people commented about the officiating, and several more have since!!  I think it was a well-officiated game, unlike Games 1 and 3.  I am one of those unique people, however, who think the PLAYERS actually win and lose the games, not the refs........and certaintly not Vanessa (Yoko Ono) Bryant!!
    fair enough...i thought you were calling me out

no worries and good luck tomorrow night

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not a miracle was going to save the celtics tonight!!!!!:) : fair enough...i thought you were calling me out no worries and good luck tomorrow night

NO worries?  So explain the ridiculous age discriminatory post in that other thread!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not a miracle was going to save the celtics tonight!!!!!:) : NO worries?  So explain the ridiculous age discriminatory post in that other thread!!
    you are older than me, you have pointed out more times than i have taken breathes in my life...my post was a continuation of your theme

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Sometimes I think I will miss this board, other times I really can't wait to call it quits!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Glen Davis wouldn't have single-handedly swung this series, but the Celtics have no bench right now

Out of the following three, only one will have a decent game on any given night: Delonte West, Glen Davis, or Jeff Green

Shaq is too fat.  I read on Player X blog that he's just plain out of shape and I'm led to believe that it's not even a serious injury, but severe lack of fitness.  Oh well

The thing that really amazes me is how LeBron and Wade still get to their spots on the floor despite good defense.  It really eliminates the margin for error.

And it wasn't the Rondo leg sweep that got me, even though there was an extremely unnatural pause before Rondo got taken down with Wade (watch the replay - legit awkward 2 second pause).  It's Wade's takedown of Allen that should have been upgraded to a flagrant-1 (not super severe, but unnecessary and intentional).  The foul shot wouldn't have made a difference in that game, but the message was clear 5 minutes into Game 4 - Miami can get their shots in, but if Boston retaliates we'll be quick to pull the trigger on flagrants.  Ultimately, the series is being decided by athleticism and youth, though, so I guess the refs did their jobs.

And refs are human, but you don't see such questioning in the NFL, with more players on the field moving faster spread out over a bigger area to watch.  There's no CONSISTENCY.  LeBron trucks someone and it's a defensive blocking foul, but when his feet are moving he gets the charge called on Paul Pierce, and vice versa.  I don't think anyone in this series has made a layup without getting pushed in the back, but they only call it intermittedy... glad to see that moving screens stopped because both teams do it.  My only real gripe from Game 4 was the Ray Allen steal - he had a clear path to the basket and the rulebook doesn't account for LeBron chase-from-behind blocks so neither should the refs.  Clear path: foul shots.

That Rondo missed layup to win in regulation made all the difference, as did the pass that Garnett spiked to Rondo in the lane with a clear path to the basket.  Well done on defense, Miami.

I don't count anyone out, but the Celtics don't have THREE great games left in them.  I think they push it to seven on pride tomorrow night and the home crowd in Game 6.

IF they can get to Game 7, maybe they can muster something, but at 40 minutes per game for the starters, they won't have much left no matter what happens

Best of luck against the Bulls.  You'll need it: our defensive guru seems to be doing a nice job there and they have two things the Heat don't: a point guard and a two-way center.  If Boozer can even do anything, Luol Deng is up to task defending LeBron while Rose and Wade should be fun to watch.  I know someone mentioned before the Celtics series that the Celtics and Bulls both gave Miami a hard time during the regular season.

I honestly think the Grizzlies are winning it all - they're just too STRANGE of a matchup.  Plus they can throw three solid matchups against your Big 3: Tony Allen on D-Wade, Shane Battier on LeBron, and Z-Bo just tearing Bosh a new one.  Joel Anthony is too small to defend Marc Gasol and Bibby is too slow to keep up with Mike Conley.  Maybe the Thunder or the Mavs will do you a favor.  Facing the Mavs would be a godsend not just because of the matchup but because David Stern would enjoy nothing more than breaking Mark Cuban's heart twice.