Not feeling the Green/BBD combo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Not feeling the Green/BBD combo

I hate to say this but I just don't like that combo together on the court. I know Doc wants to re-create Posey from Green. The difference is when Posey played he also combined him with PJ Brown.

I think JON and Green are a better combo and probably could happen if Shaq were healthy. Green and BBD seem to look for the same shots and get in each others way. We just aren't getting any production from our 2nd unit as constructed. We can't have our 4 & 5 shooting Js with no post presence and this includes Krstic.

If Green is the SF with KG and BBD that may work as well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: Not feeling the Green/BBD combo

The Knicks are loving it...

this is because they are essentially the same...2 players who have no real position or role.  Baby needs to get cussed out by K.G. again, and Green needs to go watch some film of what he was doing in OKC...what are the rims lower out west!?  When do we see Green that was dunking all over people?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

LOL! I agree. He flies up and down the court but is very timid and doesn't post up with aggressiveness. Hopefully we'll see him breakout in one of these games.

I'm starting to think he needs high volume minutes like he was getting in OKC and vs the Wiz to finish the season. He may not be a guy who is suited to come off the bench. mcHale was great at it but some guys feel they need to start to get in a groove.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Not feeling the Green/BBD combo:
    [QUOTE]The Knicks are loving it... this is because they are essentially the same...2 players who have no real position or role.  Baby needs to get cussed out by K.G. again, and Green needs to go watch some film of what he was doing in OKC...what are the rims lower out west!?  When do we see Green that was dunking all over people?
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

davis has no position or role?  last i knew he was playing the 4 or 5 depending on who was on the floor and his role was to:

1) play exceptional help defense
    2) take charges
    3) take jump shots that present themselves
    4) post up when you can
    5) clog passing lanes, also part of 1)

he's done all of those will skill, and he's proven himself to be a clutch performer.  it's true that he's not a typical 4 or 5, but if he was 6-11 we never would have gotten him for nothing and he'd be getting a max contract right now.

maybe quit whining about a team asset like davis who only hustles 110% every second he's on the floor and does manage to accomplish quite a few things that other players are either unwilling or unable to do?

a lot of flak davis gets is fatty hatred.  even though the guy is not fat any more he still gets it.  i don't know how you could find so much wrong with a guy who is a pretty good bench player in reality.

i swear you were one of the ones griping about davis being a black hole two weeks back, and now that he's shortened up his game and concentrating on defense, rebouding, he still can't do right by you.  nice.

it's green that's coming up lemons so far.  he's had countless easy looks that he's messed up.  how does delonte average 3 shots a game anyway?  what's up with that.  a career double digit scorer and now this?  what up with THAT?

then there's the vanishing wafer and murphy in exile.  both guys i believe could help make a complete and competitive bench.  where are they?  no questions about their absence?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not feeling the Green/BBD combo : davis has no position or role?  last i knew he was playing the 4 or 5 depending on who was on the floor and his role was to: 1) play exceptional help defense 2) take charges 3) take jump shots that present themselves 4) post up when you can 5) clog passing lanes, also part of 1) he's done all of those will skill, and he's proven himself to be a clutch performer.  it's true that he's not a typical 4 or 5, but if he was 6-11 we never would have gotten him for nothing and he'd be getting a max contract right now. maybe quit whining about a team asset like davis who only hustles 110% every second he's on the floor and does manage to accomplish quite a few things that other players are either unwilling or unable to do? a lot of flak davis gets is fatty hatred.  even though the guy is not fat any more he still gets it.  i don't know how you could find so much wrong with a guy who is a pretty good bench player in reality. i swear you were one of the ones griping about davis being a black hole two weeks back, and now that he's shortened up his game and concentrating on defense, rebouding, he still can't do right by you.  nice. it's green that's coming up lemons so far.  he's had countless easy looks that he's messed up.  how does delonte average 3 shots a game anyway?  what's up with that.  a career double digit scorer and now this?  what up with THAT? then there's the vanishing wafer and murphy in exile.  both guys i believe could help make a complete and competitive bench.  where are they?  no questions about their absence?
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Good post.  I agree with almost all of your points.  The comment about Murphy, however, is WAY off.  He's the biggest waste on the team.  But, the rest of your comments are spot on.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not feeling the Green/BBD combo : Good post.  I agree with almost all of your points.  The comment about Murphy, however, is WAY off.  He's the biggest waste on the team.  But, the rest of your comments are spot on.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

i'm about 80% there on giving up on murphy.  but if he did come around, he'd be a contributor.  he has looked better than he did at the outset.

but the best way to ensure he'll be worthless is bench him 100% of the time like he has been now for several games other than the last one of the year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Who would you take minutes away from to play Murphy more?  The knicks are aleady waltzing right around our bigs to get offensive boards.  To me murph looks really slow and out of shape, although he does look better than when he first came.

I decree that murphy wasn't a professional in his approach to staying ready.  When he got here he lookeed like he was ready to throw up after playing 3 minutes.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

A.C. relax. I have seen you go off on someone else regarding baby and his weight problem, and its obvious that is a sensative area for you, but I never called him fat, and i never said he didnt hustle.  I have a problem when you shoot ur mouth off before a series and motivate the other team is all.  I always have given the B.O.D to baby,. but c'mon, he went thru his adversity last year, he needs to mature and man up, stop yapping and do his job.  he hustled last game and wasnt his fault for not scoring, but he was shooting awful game 1. 

Baby even said himself he didnt know his role earlier and by that I mean, he is always ask to contribute what that particular game needs which can be hard or confusing...when Shaq was here, he was asked to work more on his jumper and got that back , and then no Shaq, they told him to get down in the box.  I am not dissing him, Im actually making a case for his struggles...you need to chill out..and stop thinking people are making fun of fat people...