Not scared of chicago at all.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Re: Not scared of chicago at all.

In Response to Re: Not scared of chicago at all.:
    [QUOTE]Tibs has never been head coach of a champions etc is nonsense imo.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Could not agree more.

I guess that was against Phil Jackson in '91, or Pat Riley in '85, or Bill Russell in '68. Wonder if it was being said about Bill Fitch in 1981?

The whole idea that someone can't be the head coach a champsionship winning team, without winning a title as a head coach previously just makes no sense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not scared of chicago at all. : How great the Bulls are remains to be seen. I don't think they will get eliminated in the 1st round, but will they get to the Finals? After "The Decision" Lebron, Wade, and Bosh were already talking about 7 rings when they have yet to practice as a team. There was even talk of 70 wins. Nine months later the Heat can't even secure the #2 seed in the east!  Last year, before the playoffs, you wanted the Celtics to fire Doc Rivers. Basketball savvy?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

That was way premeture about The Heat.

Earlier this year I didn't think they'd win a championship this year as it'd take a year at least for them to learn to play together. However it may be much longer than that as they are deficient in so many key areas.

The Bulls are a true surprise packet.

Like you said they may not even get to the finals. However I'm sure that Thibodeau will have them as well prepared as he can.

I'll be more curious to see how the Bulls follow up this season. Their form over the past several seasons has been very inconsistent. Making the post season one year and being in the lottery the next.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not scared of chicago at all. : The difference is Jackson inherited a team that had Jordan, Pippen, and Grant. Riley had Magic, Kareem, and Worthy in '85. And Russell basically inherited Red Auerbach's team from the 1960s. Let's get the facts straight. Tom Thibodeau inherited a Bulls team that hasn't gotten past the 1st round of the playoffs yet. Two of the starters, Boozer and Bogans, just joined the Bulls this season. Carlos Boozer, 6-9 PF, always got his butt kicked in the playoffs when he was with the Jazz. Keith Bogans? Seriously, if the Bulls make it to the Finals and face the Lakers or Spurs they would be lucky if they didn't get swept! A TEAM IS NOT A CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM IF KEITH BOGANS IS THE STARTING SG!!!

Yeah but Fitch inherited a very raw Celtics team in '81. Every coach inherits star or players who will be stars. It's up to him and the players to get the best out of the situation. Just saying how many championships as a head coach did River win before '08?

I also remember two new guys for the Celtics who happened to win a championship in their first season with the team. Garnett and Allen. Seem to recall McHale and Parish doing the same thing. Parish had a very poor reputation before joining the Celtics if I remember rightly.

Just because a team hasn't gotten out of the first round doesn't mean they won't in the future. I wouldn't discount the Bulls because of this. It's a new team with a new coach, and guys like Rose and Noah having career years.

Interesting point on how the Bulls would do if they got out of the get into the Finals. I think they'd give a better account of themselves than the Cavs or Magic did. Can't get anything out of the home and away series against the Lakers, Spurs or Thunder as the Bulls split all three series with the home team winning each game.

Bulls won three championships with a very average starting centre, Luc Longley so there is some history with them having an average starter in championship winning teams. Not that it's a good history. Longley did his job well and if Bogans does his job then the team will succeed.

Can't also say that the Spurs and us could beat each other blue for seven games and hand the title to whoever comes out the East. That's the thing about this upcoming post season, it's very open.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not scared of chicago at all. : The difference is Jackson inherited a team that had Jordan, Pippen, and Grant. Riley had Magic, Kareem, and Worthy in '85. And Russell basically inherited Red Auerbach's team from the 1960s. Let's get the facts straight. Tom Thibodeau inherited a Bulls team that hasn't gotten past the 1st round of the playoffs yet. Two of the starters, Boozer and Bogans, just joined the Bulls this season. Carlos Boozer, 6-9 PF, always got his butt kicked in the playoffs when he was with the Jazz. Keith Bogans? Seriously, if the Bulls make it to the Finals and face the Lakers or Spurs they would be lucky if they didn't get swept! A TEAM IS NOT A CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM IF KEITH BOGANS IS THE STARTING SG!!!

If you don't see more out of Chicago than that you must be on cloud nine.  We won with Perkins and Rondo and you want to pick on Bogans?  I believe Bogans did a reasonal job agains us the other nite.   You aren't give proper credit to this team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not scared of chicago at all. : How great the Bulls are remains to be seen. I don't think they will get eliminated in the 1st round, but will they get to the Finals? After "The Decision" Lebron, Wade, and Bosh were already talking about 7 rings when they have yet to practice as a team. There was even talk of 70 wins. Nine months later the Heat can't even secure the #2 seed in the east!  Last year, before the playoffs, you wanted the Celtics to fire Doc Rivers. Basketball savvy?

Are you seriously saying I posted "FIRE DOC"  right BEFORE the playoffs started last season?  I really cant recall that but maybe I did... Im sure you've memorized the post. 

Frankly, there were prob many people asking for DOcs head considering we went 27-27 with a championship caliber team as DOc allowed Sheed to loaf through an entire season, foul line to foul line, chucking up 3's... so I wouldnt blame anyone calling for his head.  What would have been unreasonable with that?

Oh, thats right, you knew they would turn it on and make it to game7 of the finals..  A once in a lifetime, miracle  occurance and you had it pegged from the get go.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not scared of chicago at all. : Tell me, when was the last time a rookie head coach led a team, that got eliminated in the 1st round of the playoffs the previous year, to a championship the following year, in his rookie season as head coach?

LOL, oh man, I have no idea if it's been done. But that doesn't mean to say that it can't be done. Technically we could go back to the Philadelphia Warriors from 46/47 but that's cheating.

Probably been done in other sports, but can't recall it happening in the NBA.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Lost in the wash today, but Chicago beat Orlando. Another solid result for this Bulls team.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Convincing series of posts Fiercest.  Did you see Doc after the game though he seemed very discouraged?  You don't have to be a psychiatrist to see it either.  There is sense that the team is not coming together.  

BBD, Rondo, and Ray are not performing and the new guys Green and Kristic are not getting better.  We have a problem and we have let the starters play a lot of minutes for third seed.  Not what anybody envisioned.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Without Howard that makes it more likely that Chicago took them more lightly than they should. Also for Chicago's defense they were coming off a win against Boston.

November 19, the Celtics lost to a Thunder team without Durant and Green. Teams often switch off mentally if a star player is absent.

The Bulls dodged a bullet and came out with a win. Also gives them a mental edge when and if they play the Magic again this season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

i think its important to look at the division chicago plays in too...the next best team in that division is what? indiana?...they played a cupcake schedule all year...congrats...neither the heat or celtics will be a cupcake in 3 weeks

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bertie-wooster2. Show bertie-wooster2's posts

Chicago's defense scares me. They contest everything... reminds me of the 2008 Celtics.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Now do u guys see how vulnerable chicago is? its cleveland part 2. 1 man team.

boozer is useless. bogans is garbage. noah has no skill.

its all rose. freaken indiana is right there with them.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

rose can only go right. if celtics force him left he palms the ball and ends up going right anyway. tommy and mike pointed it out a couple times in slow motion replays.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportingGoods. Show SportingGoods's posts

thats right miami is the favorite