not to disrespect rondo...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

not to disrespect rondo...

... but am i the only one who noticed the lead we opened up without him

the celtics need games to be slow paced like this one. they cant run with the heat. they have a size advantage and a defensive advantage. rondo could cut back his minutes to heal up.

they need rondo more against future opponents if they make it that far than they do against the heat. it's nice to have rondo harrass bibby, but anybody with legs can keep up with bibby nowadays. if rondo isnt healthy if the celtics ever get past the heat to face the bulls, derrick rose will torch them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Re: not to disrespect rondo...

I noticed that too.  Not sure how much that had to do with basketball and how much was from a "do it for Rondo" mentality.  In any case, it's nice to know that we do have back-up (West, Pierce) and I hope we utilize it while Rondo's healing up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsSox. Show CeltsSox's posts

Before you get too excited about playing better without Rondo, (1) Doc told the press that Delonte's shoulder injury is probably worse than anyone knew, and;
    (2) it's not unusual for sports team to get a surge of emotional injury in the game that a key player goes down. KG indicated that Rondo's injury raised some emotions on the team. The Heat would have had time to create a an adjustment to a "no-Rondo team". Even if Delonte can come back which Doc sort of said my not happen, the world knows that "no Rondo", no championship.

Let's hope both Rondo and Delonte can come back.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I didn't realize that Delonte was also injured

Getting by without Rondo hinges on Delonte being healthy... because Delonte is more of a shooting threat, which is a positive in the half-court offense

Agreed: injuries are never a positive, but the Celtics can get by without Rondo against the Heat if they execute their gameplan of slowing down the pace

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsSox. Show CeltsSox's posts

In Response to Re: not to disrespect rondo...:
    [QUOTE]I didn't realize that Delonte was also injured Getting by without Rondo hinges on Delonte being healthy... because Delonte is more of a shooting threat, which is a positive in the half-court offense Agreed: injuries are never a positive, but the Celtics can get by without Rondo against the Heat if they execute their gameplan of slowing down the pace
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Artist, even when Nate was here there were games without Rondo that the offense was unstoppable. I noticed the same thing you did and I also notice that Shaq and Jeff Green were on the floor as well. The concern I have based on Doc's comments will be whether we will Rondo with one arm and no Delonte!! Hope Doc was overstating Delonte's injury. He jammed his shoulder when running into a Heat player. Doc was trying to call a timeout, but Delonte took and hit a three. He came out the next play and never came back. No disrespect to Carlos, however if Delonte can't play I hope we see a motivated Von Wafer and more of Jeff Green. The C's just can't avoid these injuries. I also noticed that Jermaine jammed his hand and had back spasms. Oh well, we still have the Leprechaun.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

I think Delonte will be able to come back.  He played a good part of the 2nd half after that shoulder injury.  Not as effective - numbers-wise - as the 1st half but still part of the runs that won the game for us.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to not to disrespect rondo...:
    [QUOTE]... but am i the only one who noticed the lead we opened up without him the celtics need games to be slow paced like this one. they cant run with the heat. they have a size advantage and a defensive advantage. rondo could cut back his minutes to heal up. they need rondo more against future opponents if they make it that far than they do against the heat. it's nice to have rondo harrass bibby, but anybody with legs can keep up with bibby nowadays. if rondo isnt healthy if the celtics ever get past the heat to face the bulls, derrick rose will torch them.
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

The C's played better w/o Rondo.

I felt Rondo was grandstanding wanting to get by in to the game with his team very much outplaying the Heat in his absence.

Great theatre when he came back in but doc should have kept him on the bench.

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsSox. Show CeltsSox's posts

[QUOTE]I think Delonte will be able to come back.  He played a good part of the 2nd half after that shoulder injury.  Not as effective - numbers-wise - as the 1st half but still part of the runs that won the game for us.
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]

I hope Ms L, Doc seemed to be concerned about what was discovered after the game. His energy and offense can make a huge difference.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to not to disrespect rondo... : The C's played better w/o Rondo. I felt Rondo was grandstanding wanting to get by in to the game with his team very much outplaying the Heat in his absence. Great theatre when he came back in but doc should have kept him on the bench. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

not surprised you'd make this comment at all.

we outscored the heat by 19 when rondo was on the floor, we were outscored by 3 when his backup, west was on the floor.

rondo didn't want to see a 4th quarter lead slip. he played and he played well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]I think Delonte will be able to come back.  He played a good part of the 2nd half after that shoulder injury.  Not as effective - numbers-wise - as the 1st half but still part of the runs that won the game for us.
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]

That's why I wasn't led to believe that his injury was serious...

I hope it isn't serious.  Rondo's arm will hurt more once the adrenaline wears off...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

The Lead was 10 ,when Rondo got hurt and ballooned up to 11 lol.  Rondo was on the court to start the 4rth up by 11. 

Rondo led the bench brigade, and built the lead higher. 
    He made a couple of plays,and played great defense with 1 arm and provided leadership and motivation.