now DOC says he didnt want the JORDAN for KG trade, anyone else finally about to get off the doc-KOOLAID train?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

Re: now DOC says he didnt want the JORDAN for KG trade, anyone else finally about to get off the doc-KOOLAID train?

In response to ImagydSportsForTwitter's comment:

doc should really shut up. losing class, lacking grace.. i dont for one sec believe doc wasnt pusing ainge to get kg to join him in clip land. i dont tink d'andre believes this fairy tale.

thats how dumb he is! hope clips will fell short and fire him immediately

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

Re: now DOC says he didnt want the JORDAN for KG trade, anyone else finally about to get off the doc-KOOLAID train?

he admired himself a lot. stevens will burn that man alive

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

doc, after he stayed for too long, (as in past 2009) became a mini-pitino plague upon the team.  he listened to the fawning idiots who said "doc rivers is the best coach in the league".  doc was never any such thing.  pierce, garnett and allen willed themselves to the title in 2008. 

doc, for his part rarely settled in on rotations, preferring some forrest gump ADD approach to rotations rather than letting any one given 2nd unit gel and develop.  doc will foul out of the clippers scene violently after a few years and they will feel like they've been taken to the cleaners.  you see, LA clip have a big problem, two of them actually- two shrinking violet big men who crap the sheets every time they get into the playoffs- flake griffin and deanderthal jordan who not only can't shoot freebies in the playoffs but his rebounds went down by 50%.

watch for doc to drive deanderthal out of town just like he did to glen davis- both big men with issues but upside.  or perhaps doc will turn deandre into the "new brandon bass"- a player with moderate skills and productivity who suddenly shows up and gives exactly half of his prior performance due to repeated and overt votes of lack of confidence in him.....  doc will not fail to not connect with both flake and jordan.  and i can't say i won't enjoy every bit of it. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Brandon bass had peaked and declined before we got him.  Otherwise I agree with you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Never liked DOc as a coach.... hes never produced or directed a good team until 3 HOFers got together....

Up to then Doc was a mediocre coach at best and the record reflects it.

Doc will demonstrate his poor coaching aptitude again in LA...where his players are younger and Doc will adore all their attention and starry eyes until they start realizing what a poor coach he really is..

KG isnt there to coach for him....only 1 HOFer on that level CP... but hes no KG and if the ship starts sinking, CP wont wait for the women & children to get off first

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shamrock1000. Show shamrock1000's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

doc, after he stayed for too long, (as in past 2009) became a mini-pitino plague upon the team.  he listened to the fawning idiots who said "doc rivers is the best coach in the league".  doc was never any such thing.  pierce, garnett and allen willed themselves to the title in 2008. 

doc, for his part rarely settled in on rotations, preferring some forrest gump ADD approach to rotations rather than letting any one given 2nd unit gel and develop.  doc will foul out of the clippers scene violently after a few years and they will feel like they've been taken to the cleaners.  you see, LA clip have a big problem, two of them actually- two shrinking violet big men who crap the sheets every time they get into the playoffs- flake griffin and deanderthal jordan who not only can't shoot freebies in the playoffs but his rebounds went down by 50%.

watch for doc to drive deanderthal out of town just like he did to glen davis- both big men with issues but upside.  or perhaps doc will turn deandre into the "new brandon bass"- a player with moderate skills and productivity who suddenly shows up and gives exactly half of his prior performance due to repeated and overt votes of lack of confidence in him.....  doc will not fail to not connect with both flake and jordan.  and i can't say i won't enjoy every bit of it. 

You forgot to mention how Doc will run Chris Paul into the ground.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I was a consistent non-supporter of Doc (and Perkins and Rondo) since he came here.  I'm glad he's gone, but elated that we were able to get a 1st round pick for him.  Now, I don't care what happens to Doc or what he says.  He's not a very good coach (fair at best) and it will become apparent in SD.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

The clippers are going to slide this year to mid pack, no matter who is coaching them.  They really needed that KG/PP thing to go through.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Have to wonder why JON has been so much better since he left Doc behind. He did well in Phoenix and is looking pretty good tonight with GS. Either better conditioning of the body or the mind ...???

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:

Brandon bass had peaked and declined before we got him.  Otherwise I agree with you.

there was NO decline of bass greater than the second year after we got him, directly after doc told him to cease posting up altogether- every aspect of bass' game dove into the toilet

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to shamrock1000's comment:

[QUOTE]

You forgot to mention how Doc will run Chris Paul into the ground.....

[/QUOTE]

i really don't know.  in fairness to doc danny never supplied him with a decent back up- band aids marbury, ancient cassell, drooling were not really back ups.  the closest thing to a b/u pg we had was nate and doc ran him out of town. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

DOC is such a puzzy. Simply to save face and back down so he can be BFFs to all of his players, in good ole Doc Rivers fashion, Doc spews BS as to not alienate his BOIs.....Just like he did with the C's. In the end it will be to his own detriment. You can only fool 'em for so long. What a weak fraud! Ya know, seems like nearly everything Doc said in the last year or so can be logicaly explained as being an outright lie. Very sad, but he'll get what he deserves....KARMA is a biatch! OH wait, I mean UBUNTU Y'ALL! UBUNTU! Yup, damn right, I'm hatin' on Doc.......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

DOC is such a puzzy. Simply to save face and back down so he can be BFFs to all of his players, in good ole Doc Rivers fashion, Doc spews BS as to not alienate his BOIs.....Just like he did with the C's. In the end it will be to his own detriment. You can only fool 'em for so long. What a weak fraud! Ya know, seems like nearly everything Doc said in the last year or so can be logicaly explained as being an outright lie. Very sad, but he'll get what he deserves....KARMA is a biatch! OH wait, I mean UBUNTU Y'ALL! UBUNTU! Yup, damn right, I'm hatin' on Doc.......

How about when he lied to Leon, publically promising him a spot on the roster immediately after he got hurt in the 2009 PO's. No doubt to keep team morale high at a crucial time.

Bad karma!!! Very bad!

BTW... FUNGUS would welcome him back to his old coaching job in Beantown.... "doc can still come back..." so go figure.

Pud

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Man you guys are smart. You figured out that sometimes coaches say things that they don't believe so they can motivate people.

I had no idea.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:

[QUOTE]

UBUNTUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

UBUNTUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Afternoon Rally!..How the heck is ya?

Evenin' my main man Mel! I bees great! Thanks........I see Skankoil123 is playing the omnipotent one, as usual. What great wisdom. Wish I was as smart as him. Of course, I'd have to drink much more to get to his level. LETS GO RED SOX!!! UBUNTUUUUUU BABY!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

[QUOTE]

How about when he lied to Leon, publically promising him a spot on the roster immediately after he got hurt in the 2009 PO's. No doubt to keep team morale high at a crucial time.

Bad karma!!! Very bad!

BTW... FUNGUS would welcome him back to his old coaching job in Beantown.... "doc can still come back..." so go figure.

Pud

Thats 'cuz Fierce is all about UBUNTU!!!! Translated to DOC's english means, "Lube up BOYS, here it comes!!!!" DOC Rivers, will get what he deserves in the end. Can't wait til he comes to the Garden for the first time.......UBUNTU Y'ALL!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

[QUOTE]

Bad karma!!! Very bad!

Pud

Thats 'cuz Fierce is all about UBUNTU!!!! Translated to DOC's english means, "Lube up BOYS, here it comes!!!!" DOC Rivers, will get what he deserves in the end. Can't wait til he comes to the Garden for the first time.......UBUNTU Y'ALL!!!

"Lube Up Boys"..

LOL!!!!!! NICE!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Doc is now coaching LA Cippers and his professional responsibility is to do everything in the interest of that franchise.  Doc also talked up the Celts last year even though there were a lot of question marks.  At that time he was coaching the Celts.

When he was with the Celts, he maximized what was possible.  With the Clippers, he will maximize what is possible.  He has to be that optimizer that creates the best plan.  Along the way he will talk up some and talk down some players.

The talk of Doc coming back is silly as the Celts have moved on.  Whatever Doc is saying in LA does not diminish what he accomplished here in Boston.  But I don't care for him any more as he is no longer associated with the Celts.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

Doc is now coaching LA Cippers and his professional responsibility is to do everything in the interest of that franchise.  Doc also talked up the Celts last year even though there were a lot of question marks.  At that time he was coaching the Celts.

When he was with the Celts, he maximized what was possible.  With the Clippers, he will maximize what is possible.  He has to be that optimizer that creates the best plan.  Along the way he will talk up some and talk down some players.

The talk of Doc coming back is silly as the Celts have moved on.  Whatever Doc is saying in LA does not diminish what he accomplished here in Boston.  But I don't care for him any more as he is no longer associated with the Celts.

i'm stumped- what DID he accomplish as an individual coach here in boston?  who got better under him?  rondo developed into a world class head case.  bass fell apart.  nate rob and davis were run out of town.  marcheese daniels, lee, terry came to town as fairly to well accomplished veterans and underachieved in boston.

doc was indisputably a "player's coach" (read: pierce, allen, kg get carte blanche- you could argue if it was deservedly or not, but there is MORE to running the team than just tuning out the other 9 guys!) but is that REALLy accomplishing anything?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Im glad some people are finally recognizing Doc isnt all hes been cracked up to be.

I suppose its nice having a pat-on-the-back type coach for HOF vets who might ordinarily not want to listen to a coach with no success on his resume and very little experience too. Danny filled the roster with some great starters and good pieces on the bench...

Then slowly, Doc started tearing it all apart by believing the headlines... his players coach reputation didnt extend to many that werent HOF legends... how long is the list of players he ran off the team??? Good players...like BBD  & Nate ... look at how some players we acquired played worse when they became a CEltic and how many played better after leaving Boston...

Im hoping to see the CLippers go down in flames... maybe a mutiny led by CP would be the cherry on top....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:
    [QUOTE]

there was NO decline of bass greater than the second year after we got him, directly after doc told him to cease posting up altogether- every aspect of bass' game dove into the toilet

[/QUOTE]

I disagree.  I think his biggest decline was from Dallas, where he was considered one of the better bench forwards, to Orlando where he went from expecting to be a big factor to stuck on the bench.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

The fallacy is that Doc outrageous statement actually changes much of anything.  Comparing teams from different years and eras is just plain futile.  Or KG is not worth a Jordan in a trade?  Do you see any of the great coaches like Pov or Sloan say something like that?  Are professional players better motivated by hyperbole and fairy-tale mentality?  Are they really that gullible?  Or is it just more of Doc side show saying please bring more attention over here?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

In the end, DOC failed in Boston. He was handed 3-HOFers who still had plenty of gas in the tank when he got them, and had some excelent talent to compliment them. The fact that they only won a single championship while having a complete core with KG, RA, and PP with him as a "players" coach" proves his ineptitude. Players' Coach essentially means "Cheerleader".

I'd argue that the moment Coach Thibs, our defensive heart and soul, left for Chicago, the Celtics lost their chance to be NBA champs again with Doc as their "players' coach". We neded a Coachs' Coach in DOC and someone who knew how to bring out the best in his players by doing more than just LIE to them. Doc Rivers accomplished nothing! He was along for the ride and actually hindered their chances to win at least 1-2 more while killing the develpment of many a player on the team along the way. HE WAS TOO BUSY BABYSITTING RAJON and livin' on his UBUNTU prayer. Players' Coach says, "Ubuntu y'all! Go team go!" Coachs' Coach says, "Get your azz to work!" Doc will be exposed this year!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Well, remember that the 2nd year was a loss because of KG's knee.  The third year you could make the argument.  After that, there wasn't so much gas left.