Now THATS A Rondo Trade Rumor

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Now THATS A Rondo Trade Rumor

Just read this:

There's a ridiculous rumor going around that Ainge is packaging Rondo with Gerald Wallace and sending them to the Kings for Isaiah ThomasBen McLemoreMarcus ThorntonJason Thompson, and two first round picks.  I really can't wait until RR comes back, takes this team to another level, and finally shuts down all these rumors once and for all.

Now, thats a trade rumor. We get rid of Wallace, bring back a blossoming young cheap PG in Thomas, a top pick stud shooter in McLemore, two whatevers and two first round picks. I would have to consider that, as much as I am a Rondo fan.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Now THATS A Rondo Trade Rumor

I really like RR - but - where do I sign!

Thanks for posting!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I would take that in an absolute heartbeat!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Its really just the stupidest trade rumor ever. I actually remember a very similar and even less believable rumor circulate a few weeks back.

It makes no sense. You throw the bank at the Celtics if you have a team of sharpshooters and nobody to orchestrate the offense. You're telling me that the Kings sell their future to get Rondo so that they can surround him with idk who Jimmer?, Rudy Gay, Derrick Williams and Boogie?? I mean they give up their young shooter for this and two picks?

Another thing to note is ... who the heck is Thompson and Thornton? And who the heck gave them so much money? We rid ourselves of Wallace but Thompson is at 6M over the next 4 years, Thornton is even more money for 2 years. Not much of a salary dump.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Just read this:

There's a ridiculous rumor going around that Ainge is packaging Rondo with Gerald Wallace and sending them to the Kings for Isaiah ThomasBen McLemoreMarcus ThorntonJason Thompson, and two first round picks.  I really can't wait until RR comes back, takes this team to another level, and finally shuts down all these rumors once and for all.

Now, thats a trade rumor. We get rid of Wallace, bring back a blossoming young cheap PG in Thomas, a top pick stud shooter in McLemore, two whatevers and two first round picks. I would have to consider that, as much as I am a Rondo fan.

sorry..my bad

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

Just read this:

[/QUOTE]RONDO, will be moved sooooner, rather than later !!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Im not excited about isaah because I never feel like the teams with the spud web/earl boykins/mugsy bogues type point guards ever have the highest levels of success.  I'd be looking to move him or let him go.  Those guys pushing the floor cause as much chaos for the offense as they do for the defense.  I like crawford's deliberate pace better.

However, he's a far cry better than Pressey and he could be a good backup.

It would be nice to try McLemore out for size, though!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Just read this:

[/QUOTE]

Bill, 

It looks like you know about as much about basketball (very little) as you know about baseball. The Celtics without Rondo would lack a veteran leader for this young club. You don't trade an extremely valuable 27 year old veteran leader in Rondo. It just won't happen despite all the usual rumors that keep surfacing every year. 

Hetch

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Just read this:

[/QUOTE]

Bill, 

It looks like you know about as much about basketball (very little) as you know about baseball. The Celtics without Rondo would lack a veteran leader for this young club. You don't trade an extremely valuable 27 year old veteran leader in Rondo. It just won't happen despite all the usual rumors that keep surfacing every year. 

Hetch

[/QUOTE]Good Morni9ng Hetch,  A little slow on the SOX board ??  Hetch, in the N B A a point guard has to do more than just run around !!  Can't shhot, can't hit foul shots ..... I will take Crawford ALL DAY LONG  !!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

It ain't happenning but if a team offered a package like that,especially if we could turn around and trade thorton,would have to be given consideration.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Just read this:

[/QUOTE]

Bill, 

Hetch

[/QUOTE]Good Morni9ng Hetch,  A little slow on the SOX board ??  Hetch, in the N B A a point guard has to do more than just run around !!  Can't shhot, can't hit foul shots ..... I will take Crawford ALL DAY LONG  !!

[/QUOTE]

Bill, 

Now you really sound silly. Rondo does a lot more than just run around and if you think that's all he does you have never watched a game. He's a great defensive presence with great ball hawking skills, one of the better rebounding point gaurds and one of the best assist PGs in the game. As for can't shoot that's a load of bologna, he shot over 48% from the field last year but his free throw shooting is his obvious weakness. If the only glaring flaw in his game is his free throw shooting I'll take him over most any other PG in the NBA. 

Chew on this one for a bit. Bill Russel for all of his greatness shot .561 for his career from the free throw line and from the floor his career average was .440. With your logic Bill Russell should have been a bench warmer.

Cheers,

Hetch 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I would do that trade immediately and hang up the phone. I doubt the Kings would want to end up with Rondo, Gay, Cousins and Williams to build around. That's a little money going out with attitudes and underachievements coming back.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I'm not sure I agree that rondo is a great defensive presence.  He gambles a lot for steals and lets his man go by.  We have no shot blockers...just saying.  He's going to have to change his mindset and stay in front of guys.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

As usual the OP doesn't list the source for this stupid rumor.  Anyone who thinks that the Kings would give-up those assets for Rondo and Wallace don't really have a clue.  This thread is trash.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]

Just read this:

RONDO, will be moved sooooner, rather than later !!

[/QUOTE]

Wanna bet?