Now who starts...Perk or Shaq?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Now who starts...Perk or Shaq?

I like Shaq starting but I think Doc has already said his plan is to eventually have Perk start. 

Hopefully Shaqs playing time is with the first unit more often than not.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

I am sure that Perk starts. He is a better rebounder and defender. The first team has plenty of offense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I wouldn't play Perk on back to back nights right now. I don't know his condition but as cautious as Doc usually is I can see him sitting him on a back to back to not put too much stress on his knee.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

The Celtics are a defensive team first, so Perk will start.

Shaq knew that he would come off the bench when he signed. He may have been trying to make the case for starting, just before this last injury, by making hustle plays that no one has ever seen before from Shaq .

Shaq will get time with the starters and the bench. His offense is too important for the Celtics to ignor. When the offense is in a slump he could be just what the Doc ordered.

It would be interesting if Shaq were to come off the bench and make the All star team this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Either way will be great. Shaq with the second unit is like having a second set of starters (when delonte comes back). Lets not forget about Semih, he has been playing really good ball.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

34-10 - why mess with a good thing.  Perk WILL start eventually, but IMO, leave Shaq in there for now and let Perk solidify the second team's defense.  Shaq is not going to play every game, anyway, and he works well with KG and Rondo.  Perk will be in at the end of games, for D.  As Red always said, "It's not who starts the game, it's who finishes."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

PERK CASE CLOSED

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

It's a good problem to have as you say. The ideal for Doc is to have all the guys (Shaq, Baby, Perk in particular) understand that they will be in based on matchups, especially at the end of games where the matchups might dictate one over the other. It was great to see Perk have such a terrific first game back, albeit against a crummy team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Now who starts...Perk or Shaq?:
    [QUOTE]PERK CASE CLOSED
    Posted by bostondynNASTY[/QUOTE]

Is that you, Doc?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Start Perk eventually because he hopefully will be more mobile.  Unless it was the two sore thumbs he had, Shaq's performance in last year's Playoffs was suspect.  At the quicker pace, he just didn't seem to get to the right spots in time.  I know that's a leg thing, but the Shaq just didn't seem to help the Cavs that much in the post season. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

Perkins will probably play 15 minutes a game for the next month off the bench and then if he's performing better than the other Centers, he'll earn the position back.  That's the plan, but I think Doc will still make him earn it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I can tell you this:  at the end of the game I'm going to look to do as much offensive/defensive substitution as I possibly can.  I think the c's starting lineup plays better offensively with Shaq than they EVER did with Perk.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwilli90. Show dwilli90's posts

With Perk back I wish we could trade JO for anyone. Anyone else. I think it all depends on match-ups. 

Going against a strong offensive big man? Let Shaq start, shut him down as long as possible by being as physical as possible (fouling and playing hard in the paint) Then let Perk come in when Shaq has five or maybe even out and show him how a big man is supposed to play basketball: Tough defense, string of rebounds, dishing out to RA or KG and being amazing. 

Weak offensive big man? Let Perk start and set up a good offensive rhythm by being effective all over the paint. Perk can definitely score, but not usually against great centers. If we can control the paint early, we have the guards to close the game. Then rest Perk, bring in Shaq to keep other guys out of the paint while our offense develops in the 2nd half. 

Shaq really needs great guards around him which is why I like him with our first unit, but Perk is such a great leader, and looks so good with Big Baby by his side that I'm okay whichever the Doc prescribes. 

No matter what happens, I think we can all breathe a sigh of relief with Sunday coming and us showing LA what would have happened last year had Perk been healthy. 

I freakin hate LA

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

Right now it's Erden.

PA

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Glen Davis or JO at the end of games, pass that it does not make much difference, both Shack and Perk are effective, with Perk being better on the pick and roll.  But neither can shoot foul shots at this time with confidence at the end of games, if either can improve the foul shooting it would be a big bonus for us, althoudh Shack foul shots have been going in some.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Why is JON's name still being brought up? Haven't we moved past him at this point?

Even if he's healthy in 3 weeks where are the minutes going to come from? Let Semih play and continue getting better. Actually I would love to see Semih play a little PF with Perk. He has the skills to do it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Perk Starts. Shaq has already resigned to this per conversation with Doc.