now you have to admit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vegasredsox. Show vegasredsox's posts

now you have to admit

Danny is a dumb a s s, you all kept saying oh danny made a great trade this is for the future we went from a top team to win the championship to a team that could be out in the first round maybe if they are lucky they will be bounced in the second round, this team is old and bad no chemistry if you know basketball you will have to agree if you are a casual fan you wont and you are as dumb as danny boy, thanks for nothing danny but the good thing is you will be fired and we can get a real gm in there.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Re: now you have to admit

In Response to now you have to admit:
    [QUOTE]Danny is a dumb a s s, you all kept saying oh danny made a great trade this is for the future we went from a top team to win the championship to a team that could be out in the first round maybe if they are lucky they will be bounced in the second round, this team is old and bad no chemistry if you know basketball you will have to agree if you are a casual fan you wont and you are as dumb as danny boy, thanks for nothing danny but the good thing is you will be fired and we can get a real gm in there.
    Posted by vegasredsox[/QUOTE]
    Jury's still out

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Oh, I think it was a great trade. We got a couple of guys who are likely to help us for the next few years, and we got a #1 pick to boot that should help us in the future. Perkins was not going to be back with us; he would have walked leaving us empty handed.
    The problem is, this was a trade made for THE FUTURE team. For the current team, it left us in shambles, a middle of the pack also-ran team that obviously has no chance for a ring in 2011. I just wish Ainge had been honest with the fans about that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: now you have to admit:
    [QUOTE]Oh, I think it was a great trade. We got a couple of guys who are likely to help us for the next few years, and we got a #1 pick to boot that should help us in the future. Perkins was not going to be back with us; he would have walked leaving us empty handed. The problem is, this was a trade made for THE FUTURE team. For the current team, it left us in shambles, a middle of the pack also-ran team that obviously has no chance for a ring in 2011. I just wish Ainge had been honest with the fans about that.
    Posted by pumpsie-green[/QUOTE]
    Definitely agree with you.  The current trades definitely didn't help us this year and we probably won't do well during the playoffs this year.   If the season continues like it has recently, we may not even make it past the 1st round of the playoffs.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

The offense is out of sync. JG, Arroyo need more minutes.  Krstic has seem to hit a wall.  They need to run a more plays for Krstic in the post bcause he is the only player who knows where the paint is!!!!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Danny is a dumb a s s, you all kept saying oh danny made a great trade this is for the future we went from a top team to win the championship to a team that could be out in the first round maybe if they are lucky they will be bounced in the second round, this team is old and bad no chemistry if you know basketball you will have to agree if you are a casual fan you wont and you are as dumb as danny boy, thanks for nothing danny but the good thing is you will be fired and we can get a real gm in there.

Danny did the right thing for the future and he expects the players to step up and do their jobs.  Right now, they aren't.   I don't like very part of the trades (I wish he had kept Semih cause he got very little for him).  however, don't blame the current play on Danny.  They did this exact behavior last year and it had nothing to do with trades and chemistry.  So, I don't buy your argument here not one bit.   Danny brought the Big 3 together.  Danny built the bench.  Danny made us relevant again.  Danny has now given the team a future, even if they don't win it all this year.   Try to think more balanced and you'll see the benefits of this trade.

Danny took a big risk and it may not work out, but I think the risk was worth taking.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

I agree with Celtsfan.  I hated that we HAD to make trades but most of them were absolutely necessary.  We needed healthy, viable bench players.  The way we were built, we had that but with all the injuries we'd lost it by February.  At the time of the trade deadline, these players were injured to the point of being completely unavailable or else a shell of themselves:  Perkins, Robinson, Semih, Quis, West, Shaq and JON.  That left us with a bench of Baby, Wafer, Harangody, Avery Bradley and Chris Johnson.  (My bad if I've forgotten anyone...)  After the 1st 2 subs, we were relying on inexperienced rookies!  4 of the 5 players traded were already injured! 

If you were the GM, what would you have done?  In retrospect, I may have done the Cleveland deal differently or not done it at all.  But again, we needed a healthier, more experienced bench than they had at the time.

It is entirely possible that if we hadn't made these trades, we would have gone into free-fall a lot sooner than we did, with very little hope to recover due to half our team being out of commission.

Again, I was angry that the trades were necessary because we'd assembled a great team... But Danny didn't exactly have lots of options.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

I know we traded away so many future hall-of-fame players.. Wait we traded 1 guy who only played a few games this year. Perkins the man with stone hands, the man with bad knees, the man who WASN'T COMING BACK NEXT YEAR! Oh yah, I'm sorry I forgot the key player they traded was the munchkin from the Wizard Of Oz. Boy it's nice to have someone around that knows BB THANK YOU!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Re: now you have to admit:
    [QUOTE]Oh, I think it was a great trade. We got a couple of guys who are likely to help us for the next few years, and we got a #1 pick to boot that should help us in the future. Perkins was not going to be back with us; he would have walked leaving us empty handed. The problem is, this was a trade made for THE FUTURE team. For the current team, it left us in shambles, a middle of the pack also-ran team that obviously has no chance for a ring in 2011. I just wish Ainge had been honest with the fans about that.
    Posted by pumpsie-green[/QUOTE]

Krstic is a stiff. Green is a good player, but I think he looked better than he really is because of the players he was surronded by and the style of play in OKC. Defensively he's more of a liability.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

If you wanted to win the championship this year it was a dumb trade. Your championship window is pretty much now closed. With your big 3 another year older next year it looks like your team will be in rebuild mode for the next few years...