#Occupy_Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

#Occupy_Rondo

Totally sick and tired of the Rondo hate.  Rondo is the best PG in the NBA.  His skills make him a once-in-a-generation player, like Bird or Magic.  Rondo is one or two steals per game and maybe a three point shot away from being league MVP.  Neither of those is inconceivable.  He has led the league in steals.  Is he PERFECT?  Why, no, he isn't.  Can anyone name a perfect basketball player?  (LeBron doesn't have any weaknesses actually, but he isn't PERFECT.)  Rondo has answered his critics by improving his jumper and fee throws.  He and LeBron are the only two players in the league who could conceivably put up a quadruple double.  And, Rondo is better than LeBron at making those around him better.  Look at how Chris Wilcox is getting dunk after dunk when coming off heart surgery.  Regarding the jumper, I will reiterate what I said all last year (before I stopped visiting because of the misinformed Rondo hate) namely, the jumper Rondo is taking now isn't even about him making a high percentage.  Rather, it is about TAKING the damn shot and keeping the defenses honest and the offense spaced out properly.  Notice this year people are starting to pay a price from going underneath the pick on Rondo?  Tell me the last point guard the Celtics had like Rondo?  Cousy?  Tiny?  It wasn't DJ.  DJ didn't have half the passing skills and was a relatively poor jump  shooter himself.  Never saw DJ jacking threes.  In terms of grit, defense and game awareness, it's a wash.  Love ya Deege, but you were no Rajon Rondo.  Let's look at this historically.  We are fortunate to have Nash and CP and Deron Williams all great point guards.  Rondo is better than all of them at this point.  Let's look back.  He is comparable to Stockton and Mark Price.  He is comparable to Gary Payton.  He is better than Mark Jackson.  The guys who are head and shouldeers above Rondo are Magic Johnson and Oscar Robertson.  And Big O, like Cousy is just a legend to me; I never saw him play.  So.....  So what do you WANT from the guy?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: #Occupy_Rondo

No, No Rondo Can't Go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah51M8Fdq3cis

This guy is so talented, he could make me look good in an NBA game!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Furthermore, KG can still play at an extremely high level.  Paul Pierce on the other hand is a liability.  Time to move Green into the starting 3 and bring Pierce off the bench.  Get Gortat.  Move KG back to his natural place at 4 and he and Gortat would be FEARSOME defensively.  Avery Bradley back in the line up and the Celts are in good shape.  Maybe we sacrifice Bass and Joseph and Melo and a guard to make it work with Gortat.  Don't trade Sullinger.  Add a power forward with decent skills to rest KG and the Celts go deep.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to shines01's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So what do you WANT from the guy?

[/QUOTE]

Read Karllost's current thread on "Teflon Rondo."

There you will find the answer to your question... many times over.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Formula to Celtics success:

Trade Rondo + Get a Good Big + Fire Doc = Win Championships

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

[QUOTE]

Totally sick and tired of the Rondo hate.  Rondo is the best PG in the NBA.  His skills make him a once-in-a-generation player, like Bird or Magic.  Rondo is one or two steals per game and maybe a three point shot away from being league MVP.  Neither of those is inconceivable.  He has led the league in steals.  Is he PERFECT?  Why, no, he isn't.  Can anyone name a perfect basketball player?  (LeBron doesn't have any weaknesses actually, but he isn't PERFECT.)  Rondo has answered his critics by improving his jumper and fee throws.  He and LeBron are the only two players in the league who could conceivably put up a quadruple double.  And, Rondo is better than LeBron at making those around him better.  Look at how Chris Wilcox is getting dunk after dunk when coming off heart surgery.  Regarding the jumper, I will reiterate what I said all last year (before I stopped visiting because of the misinformed Rondo hate) namely, the jumper Rondo is taking now isn't even about him making a high percentage.  Rather, it is about TAKING the damn shot and keeping the defenses honest and the offense spaced out properly.  Notice this year people are starting to pay a price from going underneath the pick on Rondo?  Tell me the last point guard the Celtics had like Rondo?  Cousy?  Tiny?  It wasn't DJ.  DJ didn't have half the passing skills and was a relatively poor jump  shooter himself.  Never saw DJ jacking threes.  In terms of grit, defense and game awareness, it's a wash.  Love ya Deege, but you were no Rajon Rondo.  Let's look at this historically.  We are fortunate to have Nash and CP and Deron Williams all great point guards.  Rondo is better than all of them at this point.  Let's look back.  He is comparable to Stockton and Mark Price.  He is comparable to Gary Payton.  He is better than Mark Jackson.  The guys who are head and shouldeers above Rondo are Magic Johnson and Oscar Robertson.  And Big O, like Cousy is just a legend to me; I never saw him play.  So.....  So what do you WANT from the guy?

[/QUOTE]

So totally agree.  Rondo is "the best point guard in the Association, bar none" on his way to becoming "the best point guard in the Association, ever!"

As Always,

CELTICS RULE THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JamLock

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

While you're at it, why not add move the franchise to Tucson and exhume Red Auerbach to your equation? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Please spare me/us !!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to breaktime's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Eldunker's comment:

While your at it, why not add move the franchise to Tucson and exhume Red Auerbach to your equation? 

[/QUOTE]

Get rid of the Celtic dancers... and bring Red back.

Pud

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Pud, why not type a few keystrokes instead of directing me to another post and being so dismissive.  You some kind of expert with priveleged knowledge that allows you to defer?  I'm a long time Celts-NBA fan and what I said is valid.  The current and historical comparisons are appropriate.  Furthermore, the most important commodities in the NBA are skilled point guards and agile big men.  The Celtics have Rondo and KG at an off position and then a drop off in talent to Wilcox as a backup 5.  The addition of Gortat would vastly improve this team because KG could slide back to his natural spot and he and Gortat would completely repair the back line defense.  Benching Pierce in favor of Green in the starting line up would take care of the rest.  Adding another big with reasonable skills and getting Bradley back healthy and the Celtics are in excellent shape for a dep run.  All of these are reasonable possibilities with the exception of Pierce coming off the bench because of his ego.  So I ask again, what more can you ask for?  The problem isn't Rondo.  Boston fans are such spoiled whiners.  You are watching one of the all-time greats at point guard and all you can do is whine about imaginary deficiencies.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

So so so so true. Irving is going to be good, but Rondo is transcendant. Rondo is at his prime and getting better. Rondo is not the question here. The quesiton is how do we sustain our early leads when KG sits. Gortat may be the answer, Milsap may be the answer. Wilcox is great, but what we need is a Fab Melo 5 years more developped. We need a presence in the paint, someone who goes after the ball with energy and can both block shots and foul hard. We need an answer to the "softness" problem. And shines is right, we have to create some sort of package out of {Lee, Bass, Joseph, Collins, Melo, trades} and noone else. Bradley, Pierce, Rondo, KG, Sullinger, Terry are not to be traded. Wilcox, Green and Barbosa require a large return.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

No to trading Rondo

No to firing Doc

YES to getting Gortat or Varajeo!

Very simple!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Um, LeBron's man defense is excellent; better than Rondo's, which can be very good at times. LeBron has improved his already very good outside shot and his passing and court vision are very good too. But what I really admire about LeBron is how, now, he doesn't have to be the star, the best, etc. all the time. He's somehow checked that giant sized ego, as contradictory as that sounds, for the good of the team. He takes over when his team needs it; he chucks it to Ray or Dirty when they're open for the buzzer shot. I'm not a Rondo hater, especially in the playoffs when his skills shine brightest, but I look forward to him making that leap from narcism (it's about be) to true team orientation. He's progressing, and if LeBron could do it, hopefully Rondo will too.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Just to be clear:  I think Rondo's defense has fallen off.  However, I believe he has done it by choice.  I don't know why he made such a choice.  Rondo could be a lock down defender if he wanted to.  I think people need to focus on what the team is asking of him.  He led the league in steals a couple of years ago, and that doesn't happen by mistake.

Maybe someone can tell me why a guy would choose to play less individual defense?  Maybe it has to do with the back line not having anything but KG trying to cover three rotations at once?  I don't know.  That actually sounds counter-intuitive now that I typed it; I'm not a coach.

The glaring defensive liability on the Celtics is Paul Pierce.  Bass isn't anything great either but he has younger legs.  Pierce is invisible defensively.  Occasionally he blitzes and gets it right but his rotation is pathetic.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I disagree with you on PP. He has old-man defensive strenght. Paul uses his BBIQ to defend, and does a pretty decent job at it.

Rondo is always looking to push the ball offensively, and he runs our offense, so that is why he doesn't focus on defense. I think he is Lebronning it already. He can control the offense and play lock down defense, but doesn't because he's playing a ridiculous amount of minutes and is also our MVP. We've seen Rondo turn it on in the playoffs ... he will do it again.

Man oh man do I wish we had a Spurs-like record. Consistent & Excellent. However we don't. We have never been that kind of team. We have always cruise controlled until all-star break and then turn it on ramping up to the playoffs. We are a playoffs team. Rondo got more triple-doubles in the postseason last year than anyone else did all year. I am not worried about Rondo. You could say that we are in a position to lose home court advantage, but who cares? We can win anywhere. AND does it really matter if we face the Heat in the ECF or in the 2nd round? The HEAT are the team to beat, we are not threatened at all by any other EC team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Rondo's defense is very good - he just takes too many chances.  He reaches for the ball too much, and thus the defender can go by him.

I think if he just stopped that one thing his D would be significantly better.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

People who appreciate Rondo emphasize his skills.  People who hate Rondo emphasize his attitude.  I guess the haters must be hard-azz middle managers.  You know the kind who are just completely miserable and think it's good for morale to insult and ridicule people that work for them.

But, apparently, never the twain shall meet.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rondo's defense is very good - he just takes too many chances.  He reaches for the ball too much, and thus the defender can go by him.

[/QUOTE]

How can his defense be both bery good and he takes too many chances? I dont believe his defense is good at all, in fact I think it stinks.

Sure, in a wild scramble or when he allows his opponent to breeze by him effortlessly for his occassional swipe, he looks good when successful... but thats not the norm by a long shot.

Im not sure hes capable of fighting thru picks since i cant recall seeing him do much of that before.. As far as cutting off penetration from other guards, nobody can do that all the time but Rondo just seems to allow it to happen from lack of effort... Certainly Doc must be allowing this for some reason... 

Frustrating to watch, then listen to the defensive accolades being heaped upon him

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How can his defense be both bery good and he takes too many chances? I dont believe his defense is good at all, in fact I think it stinks.

Sure, in a wild scramble or when he allows his opponent to breeze by him effortlessly for his occassional swipe, he looks good when successful... but thats not the norm by a long shot.

Im not sure hes capable of fighting thru picks since i cant recall seeing him do much of that before.. As far as cutting off penetration from other guards, nobody can do that all the time but Rondo just seems to allow it to happen from lack of effort... Certainly Doc must be allowing this for some reason... 

Frustrating to watch, then listen to the defensive accolades being heaped upon him

[/QUOTE]

the same way kobe is a very good scorer but he shoots too much.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]

Just to be clear:  I think Rondo's defense has fallen off.  However, I believe he has done it by choice.  I don't know why he made such a choice.  Rondo could be a lock down defender if he wanted to.  I think people need to focus on what the team is asking of him.  He led the league in steals a couple of years ago, and that doesn't happen by mistake.

Maybe someone can tell me why a guy would choose to play less individual defense?  Maybe it has to do with the back line not having anything but KG trying to cover three rotations at once?  I don't know.  That actually sounds counter-intuitive now that I typed it; I'm not a coach.

The glaring defensive liability on the Celtics is Paul Pierce.  Bass isn't anything great either but he has younger legs.  Pierce is invisible defensively.  Occasionally he blitzes and gets it right but his rotation is pathetic.

[/QUOTE]

i think he saves himself defensively bc he plays so many minutes and is always pushing the ball. Idk how many of you have played basketball, but u need to conserve energy SOMEWHERE, and Rondo is near the tops in the whole league in minutes logged.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i think he saves himself defensively bc he plays so many minutes and is always pushing the ball. Idk how many of you have played basketball, but u need to conserve energy SOMEWHERE, and Rondo is near the tops in the whole league in minutes logged.

[/QUOTE]

If what Rondo produces offensively is given back on the defensive end... whats the purpose??  I had a similar feeling that maybe Rondo plays weak defense because he knows he couldnt make it through the game without getting completely exhausted.. hard to believe but maybe the only logical conclusion if you dont want to consider he just cant or doesnt want to get the job done

If so, I'd be wondering why Doc doesnt give him a few more mins off per game..