Ode to the former champs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

Ode to the former champs

Kudos to the Dallas Mavericks for relinquishing their title with dignity. The last time the defending champions were eliminated they showed no fight and class. (Just in case you forgot, the LA lakers didnt show up after being down 3-0 and were defeated in a most humiliating way. If that wasn't bad enough they resorted to dishing out cheap shots to the Mav's smallest player.) Anyway, hope the Mav's enjoyed their ride as champs, they won and lost with class. I'll always be grateful to them for taking down the classless lakers and then the hated Heat in 2011.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Ode to the former champs

You know I felt the same way when the Mavs won.  It was like the good guys winning out.  The Lakers and the Heat being the bad guys and everything that is wrong with the world.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Ode to the former champs:
    [QUOTE]You know I felt the same way when the Mavs won.  It was like the good guys winning out.  The Lakers and the Heat being the bad guys and everything that is wrong with the world.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Definitely agree with you.  I really dislike Miami, and was very thankful that they didn't win the NBA championship last season.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ode to the former champs : Definitely agree with you.  I really dislike Miami, and was very thankful that they didn't win the NBA championship last season.  
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]
    I agree susan.  I hope Miami never wins in my life time.  I would like to see the lakers in the finals again just so the Cs can beat them and keep the world aligned correctly......

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Win and lose with class - I agree.

Losing Chandler really hurt them.  Look for them to go after the Howard's (via trade), McGee's and Hibbert's of the world, as well as DWill or Sessions to replace Kidd...........they will have a lot of money, correct?

You know who might look good in green (even though he is old) - Jason Terry!!  Sign Humphries and Terry, and draft TWO big guys to go with KG (resign Green also), and we will not be too bad next year!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]Win and lose with class - I agree. Losing Chandler really hurt them.  Look for them to go after the Howard's (via trade), McGee's and Hibbert's of the world, as well as DWill or Sessions to replace Kidd...........they will have a lot of money, correct? You know who might look good in green (even though he is old) - Jason Terry!!  Sign Humphries and Terry, and draft TWO big guys to go with KG (resign Green also), and we will not be too bad next year!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    I still think Howard would look good in green and it is more possible than ever before. Going a longshot to a possibility now.  Wouldn't Doc and Rondo look pretty good? Now if we tank in the playoffs that could change.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

I don't think that they'd let Terry go, as they'll probably want to re-load around him and novitzki. They're in a great position to reload so I wouldn't be surprised to see them bring their core back along with a big name free agent. As Wyc Grousbec said last year, Mark Cuban genuinely roots for us when his team's not playing, so I'll root for them and hope they can reload this offseason, and be a power house in the West again next year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

SWEPT!  Cool

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

Bynum and the lakers know about getting SWEPT!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

[QUOTE]Bynum and the lakers know about getting SWEPT!
    Posted by OC-CeltsFan[/QUOTE]

So do the Celtics my friend. They were SWEPT by the Lakers this year. Thanks for playing!Cool

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

That's pretty sad when you need to brag about a couple of regular season wins. But if you wanna go there, how about 153-123 all time in favor of da CELTICS!! Thanks for playin punk!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]That's pretty sad when you need to brag about a couple of regular season wins. But if you wanna go there, how about 153-123 all time in favor of da CELTICS!! Thanks for playin punk!!

That is called History.
    The Lakers have owned the Celtics for the last 3 decades.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

Owned? The last time we squared off you won by the skin of your teeth, the time prior to that you were crushed (boy that 131-92 game 6 rout was sweet)!! 2-3 in your favor the last 5 times we met, thats hardly owning anybody. The previous 7 times we met? 7-0 CELTICS!! That's getting owned my friend.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ode to the former champs : That is called History. The Lakers have owned the Celtics for the last 3 decades.
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

+8

The Celtics have 1 title in the last 25 years. OUCH!!!

Simply pathetic an embarassing. Hahahahahahaha

Cool

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

[QUOTE]Owned? The last time we squared off you won by the skin of your teeth, the time prior to that you were crushed (boy that 131-92 game 6 rout was sweet)!! 2-3 in your favor the last 5 times we met, thats hardly owning anybody. The previous 7 times we met? 7-0 CELTICS!! That's getting owned my friend.

I think Mark is referring to modern day basketball, not back when the league consisted of less than 10 teams. By the way, when is the last time went back to back?

hahahahahahahaha!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

U know what's funny? You cone here to brag about your team, you're not winning this year, and you're still down 17-11 in titles, no matter how you slice and dice it. Being down 9-3 head to head is getting owned!! Thanks for playin BynumizaLAZYTHUGLOSER!