Oden

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dangr76. Show dangr76's posts

Oden

Man, should we not be thankful that we didn't wind up getting that pick and getting Oden???  Where would the celtics be now.  I feel bad for the guy.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5819493

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Re: Oden

It's too bad Odom's suffered all these injuries.  Despite talent, attitude, and good work ethic, maybe some people's knees aren't cut out for the type of stress that occurs in basketball.  Ditto for Leon Powe.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

A perfect example of bad luck. I feel sorry for him. Can you imagine how discouraged he must be?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

Feel bad for the guy. I hope he gets better eventually to become a solid NBA player in the future. These are the things that happen when so much pressure and expectations are put on a rookie: you end up messing up big time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Tough luck.  When this guy is healthy, he looks to be a pretty good player.  Too bad for Portland since his career may be in trouble before it really ever began. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReddsGhost. Show ReddsGhost's posts

In Response to Oden:
    [QUOTE] Man, should we not be thankful that we didn't wind up getting that pick and getting Oden???  Where would the celtics be now.  I feel bad for the guy. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5819493
    Posted by dangr76[/QUOTE]

Ahhh but would we feel so bad if we had that pick and selected Durant? I would LOVE to see Kevin Durant in Green!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Oden:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Oden : Ahhh but would we feel so bad if we had that pick and selected Durant? I would LOVE to see Kevin Durant in Green!
    Posted by ReddsGhost[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree with you, but can't imagine that this would ever happen.  He is one of my favorite players in the NBA. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Doc (radio) said he would be surprised if he ever plays in this league again.......man, what a tough break for a good kid.....if we had been able to draft him we would've hit the all time worst trifecta...

Bias
    Lewis
    Oden

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

Yeah, a pity for Oden but also for Portland.  Remember Sam Bowie?

I heard Ainge say that he was a lot more interested in Durant than Oden.  So who knows what would have happened if we had the chance at either one.

But I have no regrets.  If we had gotten Durant we'd be a good team on the way up.  With what actually transpired we have #17, were contenders for two more and will be contenders again this year.

No time like the present.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

...very good thinking Paul!!

11. This post has been removed.