Offseason doldrums

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Offseason doldrums

The threat of a lockout/strike for season 2011-2012 means there's little if any good new out there.

Best article I've found isn't about Stern, the owners, or players.
    It was something completely irrelevant.
    Heres's the link:
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/770860-50-ugliest-athletes-of-all-time?utm_campaign=outbrain&utm_source=outbrain.com&utm_medium=referral

My favorite was Sam Cassel

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Re: Offseason doldrums

Actually he's better looking now. Drastic sort of image change but I like it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

yeah, sam's always gonna be chairman of the board. but when it comes to the all handsome team,  schintzius and gamble are right there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Man Schintzius is ugly. Seriously an ugly, ugly guy.

All joking aside though. Sam looks as if he has craniosynostosis. Was either born with it, or it occurred because of the way he was sleeping as an infant. More than likely he was born with it as most suffers are. Generally the baby's condition worsens as they get older due to the pressures they put on their skull while sleeping.

Sam was born in 1969 and when it comes to craniosynostosis that's the dark ages in regards to treatment. I'd go so far to say that 2008 was the dark ages when it came to available treatments.

I'm sure Sam got teased alot at school because of this. However his condition is not as bad as what some children have. And I've seen some absolutely horrible examples of this. Guys, you will not believe some of the things you see, it's heartbreaking in the extreme. Particularly when we're talking about children.

Most of the time, like even in Sams case it is relatively minor. Yes, I'm calling Sams example minor as he may well not even be afflicted with craniosynostosis. But just looking at photos of him, it looks highly likely.

Here's an example.

Sams head has a relatively normal shape at the back, it's extremely long though, which is an obvious sign of craniosynostosis.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

RUWorthy, thanks for diagnosing Sam Cassell.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Good scientific research. I think you're on to something of significance RUworthy. 
        As cruel as it may seem, I got a good laugh from that article. My brothers and I used to make a joke every year of making an all-ugly team rather than an all-star team of the NBA. Popeye Jones, Sam I am Cassell, George Murressan and Big Country Reeves and Dennis Rodman were perenial selections. Rodman was the ugliest bride I have ever seen. I'm referring to the picture of Rodman dressed in a wedding dress.  It would be fun and somewhat cruel to do a current all ugly team of the NBA. My selections include:
    First team: Hedo Torkugly, Greg Oden, Big Al Jefferson, Chris Kaman, Delonte West. I'd have to do some research to get the second team. To be continued....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Offseason doldrums:
    [QUOTE]Good scientific research. I think you're on to something of significance RUworthy.      As cruel as it may seem, I got a good laugh from that article. My brothers and I used to make a joke every year of making an all-ugly team rather than an all-star team of the NBA. Popeye Jones, Sam I am Cassell, George Murressan and Big Country Reeves and Dennis Rodman were perenial selections. Rodman was the ugliest bride I have ever seen. I'm referring to the picture of Rodman dressed in a wedding dress.  It would be fun and somewhat cruel to do a current all ugly team of the NBA. My selections include: First team: Hedo Torkugly, Greg Oden, Big Al Jefferson, Chris Kaman, Delonte West. I'd have to do some research to get the second team. To be continued....
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

I nominate the entire Denver Nuggets team.........I hate the tats...esp Birdman!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Ugh!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Good scientific research. I think you're on to something of significance RUworthy.      As cruel as it may seem, I got a good laugh from that article. My brothers and I used to make a joke every year of making an all-ugly team rather than an all-star team of the NBA. Popeye Jones, Sam I am Cassell, George Murressan and Big Country Reeves and Dennis Rodman were perenial selections. Rodman was the ugliest bride I have ever seen. I'm referring to the picture of Rodman dressed in a wedding dress.  It would be fun and somewhat cruel to do a current all ugly team of the NBA. My selections include: First team: Hedo Torkugly, Greg Oden, Big Al Jefferson, Chris Kaman, Delonte West. I'd have to do some research to get the second team. To be continued....
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

No Noah?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Reggie Evans has to be on someone's honorable mention list, for sure.

Pud

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]Reggie Evans has to be on someone's honorable mention list, for sure. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]
    Good one. Reggie deserves to be on the list. Love your icon of Barney Fife.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

that Pau Gasol pic:

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

But Marshawn Lynch takes the cake for ugliest player in sports.  I thought he actually looks like Shrek:

which might explain how he did this:

Hedo Turkoglu is a distant second - Bill Simmons joked that Turkoglu broke the HD receiver on his TV

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

a better comparison for Pau Gasol (and something I've quietly thought for some time now)