OH ITS TIME... PANIC! PANIC! PANIC! WHEN DO WE GET OUR HEARTS BACK?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

OH ITS TIME... PANIC! PANIC! PANIC! WHEN DO WE GET OUR HEARTS BACK?

the gloves are off! no more sugarcoating it, this team has ISSUES! i was all for the trade of perk, now i get what his proponents kept repeating over and over. not about the stats with him, about all the intangibles he brought to the table and his 5 tangibles of toughness, intimidation, attitude, easy field goals (when he caught the ball) and rebounding! this team has more talent but we stink in the chemistry, toughness and cohesion area. its like the patriots in 07  after teams realized we were really soft and started beating us up.. the scores got lower and eventually it caught up to us with the giants. difference i guess is that we are losing now. no more excuses, ther's no reason to lose to the hornets esp after losing to the grizz. its like deja vu all over again night after nite. y was rondo and kg both in the game at the end whe we needed a jumper? seriously, y not play west over rondo? i can grasp putting kg in there over bb and protecting his ego in that situation and what not... plus it could have been a rebound or kick out for a long 2.. no reason to justify rondo esp when the ball was not even going to him to set up anything since he cant shoot foul shots. look at the difference with having a guy who draws attention with the ball in his hands (PP) versus what would have happened to rondo. no way ray gets an open look like that!

still ainge could have rectified things after perk by givng us powe. i wrote about it and got mocked. but powe was their for the taking. he wanted it. i even mentioned how before his last injury with his thumb he had been his old dominating self inside. he had 10 foul shot attempts tonite in 10 minutes. we couldnt use that degree of toughness? celts are obsessed with this soft nonsense about stretching the court like the pats were about stretching the field. ultimately the teams that can shut down the field and smack u in the mouth in the trenches win the games. we have lost that! even with both o'neals we are in trouble if we do not make a recommitment to pounding that rock inside and smacking others in the mouth when they try to return the favor. 

no one fears us anymore, teams attempt things now they wouldnt dare think about before. we will finish THIRD at best in the conference! we have become SOFT in character. its no longer just a phase... its now a character and new identity issue!!!!!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: OH ITS TIME... PANIC! PANIC! PANIC!

In Response to Re: OH ITS TIME... PANIC! PANIC! PANIC!:
    [QUOTE]About time you understood what I've been trying to explain to you and other trying to play Dr. Phil (and not Jackson) This team is going no where. 2 games behind the Bulls and 1 game behind the Lakers. It's over boys. GAME OVER FOR OUR CELTICS. Lakers will tie us at 17 come June.
    Posted by RicoCeltic[/QUOTE]IS what it is. we dont necessarily need perk specifically bak. but we need that attitude and swagger that he brought bak. that scowl is missed. i never realized we would miss it this much. even his techs would be appreciated right now. something to wake these guys the f--- up!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: OH ITS TIME... PANIC! PANIC! PANIC! WHEN DO WE GET A PERK BACK?

People seem to forget how poorly we performed in the regular season last year when we had 50 wins.  With 11 to go, we have 50 now, and I believe we will turn it around in time for the playoffs.  And if we can show we don't really need Perk, I hope Rico will have the stones enough to admit he was wrong!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i love how people now seek perk through some seriously rose-colored glasses. hands of stone, rebounding numbers not that great, horrible on offense, slower than dirt, couldnt' set a pick to save his life, foul trouble, technicals...we'd be way better with a healthy shaq. now if only we could have that.

the problem with this team is not that perk's gone. heck, he barely even played this year and we played great without him. the problem is that some of our guys are mentally weak, especially rondo. they're moping around a whining like babies. they're grown men who get paid to play. they should man up, get over it and move on. it's time to play basketball.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In Response to Re: OH ITS TIME... PANIC! PANIC! PANIC! WHEN DO WE GET A PERK BACK?:
    [QUOTE]People seem to forget how poorly we performed in the regular season last year when we had 50 wins.  With 11 to go, we have 50 now, and I believe we will turn it around in time for the playoffs.  And if we can show we don't really need Perk, I hope Rico will have the stones enough to admit he was wrong!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Ummm....Headdy.
    We are NOT WINNING ANYTHING THIS YEAR! GET IT?
    Last year was an anomaly; that rarely happens, when a team stinks during the regular season then suddenly pulls it together for the playoffs. It has nothing to do with attitude. WE DON'T HAVE THE PLAYERS TO WIN THIS YEAR! PERIOD! We cannot play lockdown defense like we used to; we are old; we are slow; we don't have our interior defender to intimidate guys taking it to the hole; and worse of all, we have Rondo, a very mediocre PG who cannot shoot the basketball. It will be many years before we see #18.
    Go Bulls...beat those damn Lakers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: OH ITS TIME... PANIC! PANIC! PANIC! WHEN DO WE GET A PERK BACK?:
    [QUOTE]Agree with you. Our chemistry since the trade is none existent.
    Posted by RicoCeltic[/QUOTE]

Perk is addition by subtraction and suggesting somehow that a defensive player who missed most of the season and the defense is no worse off and since he has been traded (and even before that) the offense has been pathetic it somehow has to do with an overrated thug.... hmmm....

This is the equivalent of Tom Brady saying before we traded Wilfork we averaged 30 points per game and since we traded him we only average 20 points per game but our defense gave up 23 ppg with him and still only give up 23 ppg without him and oh by the way he missed most of the season...........  so let's make sure I understand this... a complete nonfactor on offense on a team whose offense was always the problem has an offense that has nosedived since they traded an overrated defensive player is somehow the reason the team is facing becoming the 3 or 4 seed.......

Michael and Scottie won 6 titles and would have won 8 straight had Michael not been suspended (um I mean chased a child hood dream of playing baseball) with any number of irrelevant centers.... please take the head out of the bum bum and recognize that it is the players that are still on the roster not the one that is no longer on the roster and played only 12 games......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

despite my present pessimism, i am still putting down $ that this team will get the message as doc has! its time to wake up. i dont believe we have issues that cant b turned around. rondo can wake up, ray will start hitting again, no way pierce doesnt bust out with one of those A+ games,kg is still sturdy. just need to play thri it and stop thinking we can just turn it around. like what i hear on jo, samw ith shaq. but come on if we can tcrush a minnesita without shaq or the bob cats, forget about it. shaq is about beating the A-lister like the bulls, heat and mag. without him, forget about it. but again, no way we should be losing to mediocrity whe our big 4 laces them up!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i honestly don't think anyone but us could have beaten the lakers, and right now it sure doesn't look like us. a team like chicago may well lose 4-1.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OH ITS TIME... PANIC! PANIC! PANIC! WHEN DO WE GET A PERK BACK? : Perk is addition by subtraction and suggesting somehow that a defensive player who missed most of the season and the defense is no worse off and since he has been traded (and even before that) the offense has been pathetic it somehow has to do with an overrated thug.... hmmm.... This is the equivalent of Tom Brady saying before we traded Wilfork we averaged 30 points per game and since we traded him we only average 20 points per game but our defense gave up 23 ppg with him and still only give up 23 ppg without him and oh by the way he missed most of the season...........  so let's make sure I understand this... a complete nonfactor on offense on a team whose offense was always the problem has an offense that has nosedived since they traded an overrated defensive player is somehow the reason the team is facing becoming the 3 or 4 seed....... Michael and Scottie won 6 titles and would have won 8 straight had Michael not been suspended (um I mean chased a child hood dream of playing baseball) with any number of irrelevant centers.... please take the head out of the bum bum and recognize that it is the players that are still on the roster not the one that is no longer on the roster and played only 12 games......
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]come on dud, seriously u dont believe that jordan was suspended do you?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]i honestly don't think anyone but us could have beaten the lakers, and right now it sure doesn't look like us. a team like chicago may well lose 4-1.
    Posted by kaktug[/QUOTE]

I think the Heat can beat them, so if we don't make it, go Heat!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OH ITS TIME... PANIC! PANIC! PANIC! WHEN DO WE GET A PERK BACK? : come on dud, seriously u dont believe that jordan was suspended do you?
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Where there is smoke there is fire.... he was betting $300k on rounds of golf.... I am not saying that he bet on basketball or anything like that, I just think that there is at least some evidence or some chance that he was taken out back and given a little spanking that may have cost him a couple of titles.... at first I thought the fact that his father was murdered may have resulted from his gambling debts but apparently the two kids murdered his father for no apparent reason other than theft..... but of course to me the greatest show in history was the Sopranos so when things happen with no apparent connection, one may be able to make connections.

trust me... I loved Michael and Scottie - I remember being on the phone with my brother who lived far away watching Michael score 35 against Portland in the first half of a finals game and thinking to myself Larry was awesome but nothing like this - there are very few teams that have debatably the two best players in the league at the same time and you knew when push came to shove they were going to figure out how to win a game, a series, a title, etc. but there is part of me that thinks he was suspended.... I would not swear to it, I would not bet on it... the only thing that bugs me is that he knew that in order to plant himself in the absolute upper echelon of the all time greats and squelching all doubt was to win 8 in a row and by bowing out to be a failure in baseball at the absolute peak of his existence raised some questions especially when the smoke started to rise.....

I remember being at the YMCA and playing ball with a bunch of friends and then I went out to the lobby where my stepfather was waiting to take us home... he said you have to watch this guy, I said oh who is he... he said his name is Larry Bird and the Cs could get him next year, I think 33 dropped 49 on his opponent that day.... then I started paying a lot more attention........  Since then I think it is Larry, Magic, Kareem, Hakeem, Michael, Scottie, LeBron, Wade, Durant.... maybe a few others in between but not many at that level......

I will close with this...... I was working in public accounting at the time and lived in Stoughton... so Reebok was literally within a short bike ride from my house and New Balance was one of my auditing and tax clients....  I think I may have had 30 pairs of free or very cheap sneakers from Reebok and New Balance but still went out and bought Air Jordans at full price.  I also had Converse as a client and did not even accept their free shoes........

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: OH ITS TIME... PANIC! PANIC! PANIC!

In Response to Re: OH ITS TIME... PANIC! PANIC! PANIC!:
    [QUOTE]About time you understood what I've been trying to explain to you and other trying to play Dr. Phil (and not Jackson) This team is going no where. 2 games behind the Bulls and 1 game behind the Lakers. It's over boys. GAME OVER FOR OUR CELTICS. Lakers will tie us at 17 come June.
    Posted by RicoCeltic[/QUOTE]

I am a huge Celtics fan and want them to win for all kinds of reasons.  You just gave me one more:  To be able to bring back your post after the post season and show you that you should not have given up - Mr. Fair weather fan.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

In Response to OH ITS TIME... PANIC! PANIC! PANIC! WHEN DO WE GET A PERK BACK?:
    [QUOTE]the gloves are off! no more sugarcoating it, this team has ISSUES! i was all for the trade of perk, now i get what his proponents kept repeating over and over. not about the stats with him, about all the intangibles he brought to the table and his 5 tangibles of toughness, intimidation, attitude, easy field goals (when he caught the ball) and rebounding! this team has more talent but we stink in the chemistry, toughness and cohesion area. its like the patriots in 07  after teams realized we were really soft and started beating us up.. the scores got lower and eventually it caught up to us with the giants. difference i guess is that we are losing now. no more excuses, ther's no reason to lose to the hornets esp after losing to the grizz. its like deja vu all over again night after nite. y was rondo and kg both in the game at the end whe we needed a jumper? seriously, y not play west over rondo? i can grasp putting kg in there over bb and protecting his ego in that situation and what not... plus it could have been a rebound or kick out for a long 2.. no reason to justify rondo esp when the ball was not even going to him to set up anything since he cant shoot foul shots. look at the difference with having a guy who draws attention with the ball in his hands (PP) versus what would have happened to rondo. no way ray gets an open look like that! still ainge could have rectified things after perk by givng us powe. i wrote about it and got mocked. but powe was their for the taking. he wanted it. i even mentioned how before his last injury with his thumb he had been his old dominating self inside. he had 10 foul shot attempts tonite in 10 minutes. we couldnt use that degree of toughness? celts are obsessed with this soft nonsense about stretching the court like the pats were about stretching the field. ultimately the teams that can shut down the field and smack u in the mouth in the trenches win the games. we have lost that! even with both o'neals we are in trouble if we do not make a recommitment to pounding that rock inside and smacking others in the mouth when they try to return the favor.  no one fears us anymore, teams attempt things now they wouldnt dare think about before. we will finish THIRD at best in the conference! we have become SOFT in character. its no longer just a phase... its now a character and new identity issue!!!!!!
    the one thing i never thought this team would ever be is soft...but sadly thats what we have been since the trade...other teams view us as soft and no longer fear us...teams now are driving on us in the lane without any fear...teams believe they can beat us before the game starts...teams just arent afraid of the celtics anymore...and thats the one thing that will never change...why? the new guys just arent tough enough...i mean i love green and he is a TALENTED player but i view him as soft and he plays no defense...kristic well dont even get me started on how soft he is...the list goes on with sascha troy and arroyo...the one thing i loved about the 08 09 and last years team is our toughness even in losses...this new team just doesnt have that

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OH ITS TIME... PANIC! PANIC! PANIC! WHEN DO WE GET A PERK BACK? : Where there is smoke there is fire.... he was betting $300k 
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]
    i just do not believe stern would have suspended him based on anecdotal evidence with all the money coming in! only way he it could have happened would be if someone had chronicled jordan betting on basketball or if jordan was arrested in a probe by the fbi or something of that ilk. if for some small chance it may have happened, u bettter believe that would have gotten out by now. people talk too much for conspiracies of that level to stay hidden! all about the MONEY! i'm sure stern when nuts when he heard jordan was quitting and some of that money would be drying up... at the most, a stern would have lobbied for some kind of therapy. then again, frankly its none of his business. just like with steroids in baseball, startegic ignorance was the order of the day!

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

WE are a donut team..No CENTER! Lets wait for our centers to return, and then we can say that we are soft..Were talking about almost 600 lbs of beef. and toughness..We have toothpics down low.. and the Rondo issue as well..Shack clears an area for rondo to dish and drive when pp or ra are doubled....

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]WE are a donut team..No CENTER! Lets wait for our centers to return, and then we can say that we are soft..Were talking about almost 600 lbs of beef. and toughness..We have toothpics down low.. and the Rondo issue as well..Shack clears an area for rondo to dish and drive when pp or ra are doubled....
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]worse thing danny did was to give us more talent at the expense of heart and guts. we once had tony allen, leon powe, kendrick perkins  and james posey on the same team! those guys may not be giving speeches in springfield one day but o would pick them on my team for a streetfight! thats our issue today. more talent, less fighters! you add ANY two of those guys right now on this team and take bak any 2 including jeff green from our bench and i will say we WIN more games just by intimidating the life out of other teams!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceItic. Show kyceItic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OH ITS TIME... PANIC! PANIC! PANIC! WHEN DO WE GET A PERK BACK? : worse thing danny did was to give us more talent at the expense of heart and guts. we once had tony allen, leon powe, kendrick perkins  and james posey on the same team! those guys may not be giving speeches in springfield one day but o would pick them on my team for a streetfight! thats our issue today. more talent, less fighters! you add ANY two of those guys right now on this team and take bak any 2 including jeff green from our bench and i will say we WIN more games just by intimidating the life out of other teams!

The Celtics intimidated the Lakers in 2008 and it worked! In 2010 the Celtics tried to intimidate the Lakers only this time it didn't work! I think playing better basketball is wins more games than intimidation, don't ya think?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Re: OH ITS TIME... PANIC! PANIC! PANIC! WHEN DO WE GET OUR HEARTS BACK?

I've seen the light, and now I've become an idiot, or am I just a contraian who doesn't know which way to turn as the wind blows. LOL

I'm hedging my bets, I don't know which way to turn.  LOL

Should I panic, or should I admit to being just an EIO, and not a fan?

I am, LOL, at youse all who're hedging yer bets at this point in time.

Equivocating, are we?

We have made note of this date, we know who you are, and we know where to find you when the tide turns.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Re: OH ITS TIME... PANIC! PANIC! PANIC! WHEN DO WE GET OUR HEARTS BACK?

In Response to Re: OH ITS TIME... PANIC! PANIC! PANIC! WHEN DO WE GET OUR HEARTS BACK?:
    [QUOTE]
    The C's are just going through the motions. And fans have every right to beef and complain. The C's are not playing tough. The are playing soft "me" basketball. No team unity for sure. Rivers needs to sit the starters next game. Let them filter in off the bench. The losses are piling up quickly. The heart of this team is missing. And they have some games left to find it. They need to get mentally tough again and start winning games. Even gutting out the ugly wins is lacking. Please stop comparing this team to last years. And how they will just turn it on come playoffs. 2 different seasons and 2 different teams. Time for the C's to get back to old school basketball. Passing. Defense. Diving for all loose balls. Rebounding. Unselfish play. And finishing at the rim.

Posted by antiqueman1
    [/QUOTE]

-

My response to you is to let the professionals who have been there before do their jobs.

I really don't think you or anyone else on this board has the essential skill set, let alone the necessary information, to second guess anybody.

Unless you want to step into the huddle and tell the guys what to do and how to do it?  Give Doc a break and take over for him till you get the team straightened out, alright.

You must be very capable in an NBA role.