OH OH RONDO IS A GONER! will test free agency, not doing a deal in advance!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

OH OH RONDO IS A GONER! will test free agency, not doing a deal in advance!

like rr, but no way no how is DA going to risk  for this mental midget walking away and gettin nothin for him. u get the most if u trade him BEFORE his last year.. wait for next year's trade deadline and ur in trouble. DA just got turned down flat on his contract extentio offer. they dont want to do anything til he's a free agent. a great gesture would b for RR to do what kobe just did for jabrakers. not signing says he's already thinking of an exit.. no loyalty there from him, y should we b blindly loyal! if rr gets to FA, he aint coming back.. period! if he does, too much power given away.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: OH OH RONDO IS A GONER! will test free agency, not doing a deal in advance!

trade him BEFORE his last year and BEFORE anyone realizes that he can't lead a team.  that's all.  or else you will get N O T H I N G for precious rajon

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

The problem is Rondo wants max money and the Celts can pay more than anyone.  The other problem is he is a true near all-star and his money might bring in a real all-star.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

The longer DA waits, the more Rongdo sabotages his own value. Without 2-3 HOFers on his team, he is forced to be someone he isnt capable of being, THE MAN. yeah he has a good handle and vision, BUT only as good as the guys he's passing to. We all saw and want to believe the illusion that his time with 3 of the best who ever played made him appear to be. He may be the most over rated player to wear the C's uniform. Simply a beneficiary of the perfect situation for his skill set, a dribble passer, with no real consistant shooting ability from the stripe or the floor But with 3 great options to dish it to. HOFers! All of them. Face it, we are seeing an average player who has flashes of acrobatic, intoxicating plays. He's NEVER been a great player, just a great ROLE PLAYER. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The longer DA waits, the more Rongdo sabotages his own value. Without 2-3 HOFers on his team, he is forced to be someone he isnt capable of being, THE MAN. yeah he has a good handle and vision, BUT only aa foos as the guys he's passing to. We all saw and want to believe the illusion that his time with 3 of the best who ever played made him appear to be. He may be the most oner rated player to wear the C's uniform. Simply a beneficiary of the perfect situation for his skill set, a dribble passer, with no real consisrant shooting ability from the stripe or the floor. Face it, we are seeing an acerage player who has flashes of acrobatic, intoxicating plays. He's NEVER been a great player, just a great ROLE PLAYER. 

[/QUOTE]

While I understand your point, I disagree he's "average".  And I question very much the over-rated wording.  If he's a great "role" player, how can he be over-rated?

Antoine was over-rated.........Charles Bradley, Michael Smith, Marcus Banks,  the list goes on.

Don't want to start an argument, but a good role player, IMO, is not average.  Phil Pressey is average....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Well checked today and he is not a goner yet. Better luck tommorow. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

[QUOTE]

The longer DA waits, the more Rongdo sabotages his own value. Without 2-3 HOFers on his team, he is forced to be someone he isnt capable of being, THE MAN. yeah he has a good handle and vision, BUT only aa foos as the guys he's passing to. We all saw and want to believe the illusion that his time with 3 of the best who ever played made him appear to be. He may be the most oner rated player to wear the C's uniform. Simply a beneficiary of the perfect situation for his skill set, a dribble passer, with no real consisrant shooting ability from the stripe or the floor. Face it, we are seeing an acerage player who has flashes of acrobatic, intoxicating plays. He's NEVER been a great player, just a great ROLE PLAYER. 

[/QUOTE]

Funny how the media keeps on suggesting that, Rondo's rusty, and given more minutes his game will slowly morph back into it's pre-injury form.  Rondo just needs more playing time, they say.  It takes time to recover from these kinds of injuries- say them.

I say don't hold your breath.

Rondo's never been able to shoote.  He's a hard-nosed hustle player.  He's one of those guys that plays with a certain reckless abandon, that good things happen when he's on the floor.  But he's not Derrick Rose.  He's not going to suddenly regain a form that he never had in the first place. 

Put onto a rebuilding team, he's got zero value.  Nobody's killing themselves over loose balls right now.  No one's worried about not making the playoffs, or homecourt advantage.  No one's going to take a charge from Lebron.

I think naming him Captain and putting him on the first train out of North Station would be the nicest thing you could do for him.  Letting him linger on here, while waiting for something to happen that's never gonna happen?  The situation here went from ideal to worst-case-scenario. 

So if someone sends us a low-ball offer for him, I wouldn't expect him to take exception.  Send him somewhere that already has a leader.  Send him somewhere we he can make his around the back dribble look fancy again.  A new home that could use an unselfish PG with a flare for making big hustle plays.

For his sake the sooner the better. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

While I understand your point, I disagree he's "average".  And I question very much the over-rated wording.  If he's a great "role" player, how can he be over-rated?

Antoine was over-rated.........Charles Bradley, Michael Smith, Marcus Banks,  the list goes on.

Don't want to start an argument, but a good role player, IMO, is not average.  Phil Pressey is average....

[/QUOTE]

Several here hail this guy as a top 5 PG. Not even close! Top 5 PG's Hit FTs at a high % AND are real threats outside. Rongdo is none of that. He is a great complement to 3 GOFers who can make up for his deficiencies. All-star? NEVER AGAIN. now post ACL and no HOFers, he's exposed as an average NBA guard with a fortunate past. Unliad him ASAP. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Several here hail this guy as a top 5 PG. Not even close! Top 5 PG's Hit FTs at a high % AND are real threats outside. Rongdo is none of that. He is a great complement to 3 GOFers who can make up for his deficiencies. All-star? NEVER AGAIN. now post ACL and no HOFers, he's exposed as an average NBA guard with a fortunate past. Unliad him ASAP. 

[/QUOTE]

He's not top 5.....maybe not top 10.  Also not average.  He's been exposed for his defeciencies as a player.  Average players don't start or EVER make the AS team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

I think he's always been below average.  He's never been able to score.  When they created The Big 3 it was the perfect situation for him.  He won the lottery the day he was given the keys to the car- when Allen, Garnett, and Pierce were united.

Watching the C's now, I feel like something bad is going to happen whenever Rondo has the ball.  Like it's too much pressure for him, to have responsiblity other than passing.  I'm worried that everyday he remains a Celtic his value decreases more and more.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mossad-did-911. Show mossad-did-911's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

is he still the captain?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

No.  No more Captain.  Too many bricks.  He's white now, too.  Too many lay-ups.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mossad-did-911. Show mossad-did-911's posts

“We don’t really have point guards in the NBA now. We really have (shooting) guards – and that’s a fact,” Payton said. “I think there’s only three true point guards that play like point guards. I think Chris Paul is one, I think (Rajon) Rondo is one, and I think Tony Parker is the other.” - Gary Payton

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

"Rondo sucks."  -Bob Cousy

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

You are making assumptions without facts.  Ainge is turned down because they can only extend 2 years right now.  At the end of the season, RR can be extended 3 years.  It is possible that RR wants the max for 4 years but it could also be that he would like 3 years instead of 2.  We don't know, to assume that he definitely wants max is premature.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are arguing with a guy who's not a Celtics fan.  He thought Ramon Sessions would average double digit assists for the lakers.  He thought DH would stay in LA forever.  He thinks koME walks on water.

He has claimed to be a Pacers fan, said his brother lives in NH, and had us all believe he left the board when DH left for HOU because his daughter was cutting herself.

He is a useless troll that I have on ignore..........but do what you want!!

Ever hear of mtrax/Tommy/MarkfromCT?..............that's him!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mossad-did-911. Show mossad-did-911's posts

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:

Bob Cousy, point guard emeritus of the Boston Celtics, agrees that his old team has its share of problems. He just doesn’t count Rajon Rondo among them. 

Cousy believes Celtics GM Danny Ainge would be making a big mistake if he trades Rondo by the March 15 deadline. 

“I’m out of the loop, but boy, unless he’s a serial killer on the side I wouldn’t let this kid go,” Cousy said by phone. “I don’t know where you’d find a better point guard.” 

The 83-year-old Hall of Famer conceded that Rondo, a three-time All-Star, is a poor perimeter shooter who struggles from the foul line, but said, “He overcomes that because he’s such a strong penetrator and a good finisher. He sees the floor well, he’s a force on both backboards, and he’s an excellent defender for that position. I think he touches all the bases.” 

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/13435/cousy-trading-rondo-would-be-big-mistake

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Open seasson for Rondo haters.They are allover.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

I'm not a Rondo hater (great post btw, Bin Laden) I just think he's in a bad situation right now.  I can't see how his value's going to improve anytime soon, either.  Making a strong case to trade him before things get worse.

Of course, if you plug Rondo into the right line-up onto the right team?  Sure, I could see him filling up the stat book again, becoming a fan favorite.  But a TRUE pg has the ability to knock down open shots.  Rondo belongs on a team like Miami.  <- gawd I'd hate to see that happen. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jtkl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

is he still the captain?

[/QUOTE]

He is :) 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

herd mentality type situation

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:

herd mentality type situation

Wrong.  More and more knowlegeable basketball fans on here are accepting the reality of Rondo's limitations and the needs of this Celtics TEAM.  

Its lame to call anybody a hater who expresses an opinion, about any player, while making a case about why keeping or trading such player would benefit the team...

If I'm a Rondo hater, then YOU are a Celtics hater.  Its not about Rondo.... its about the team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wrong.  More and more knowlegeable basketball fans on here are accepting the reality of Rondo's limitations and the needs of this Celtics TEAM.  

Its lame to call anybody a hater who expresses an opinion, about any player, while making a case about why keeping or trading such player would benefit the team...

If I'm a Rondo hater, then YOU are a Celtics hater.  Its not about Rondo.... its about the team.

[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree BaileyPowe. I assume everybody who chats on this site watches the Celts nightly and it sure looks to me like "the majority" would like to see him be traded. I find it hard to believe that the majority of people can be wrong and unless there are folks who just hate Rondo because he is Rondo, I would think they have the Celtics TEAM's best interest at heart. Now, I know there are some on here who think they are always correct no matter what their opinion is but if they were that smart, I am sure they would already be working for the Celts or another NBA Team. I do not HATE Rondo but I do dislike his style of play and just do not believe he is a Premier player and worthy of a Max Deal or anywhere near it. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

i don't know, elmo. i guess rondo is an acquired taste and just plain not for everybody. i like him. i'm not concerned with his shooting. his FTs bother me. even more, and like so many, i don't care for all the ball pounding and he seems to be doing that as much as ever. seems like stevens ought to be coaching him away from that and i don't particularly get why he's not. anywho...time will tell. just not this season.