OH OH RONDO IS A GONER! will test free agency, not doing a deal in advance!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

Re: OH OH RONDO IS A GONER! will test free agency, not doing a deal in advance!

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i don't know, elmo. i guess rondo is an acquired taste and just plain not for everybody. i like him. i'm not concerned with his shooting. his FTs bother me. even more, and like so many, i don't care for all the ball pounding and he seems to be doing that as much as ever. seems like stevens ought to be coaching him away from that and i don't particularly get why he's not. anywho...time will tell. just not this season.

[/QUOTE]

The thing that scares me a bit with Rajon is that he is now 28 years old {I think}. If the C's do not bring a Carmelo or Love type player to help win "right now", we would have wasted lots of cash on a guy that could have brought us some assets for the rebuild. You are right though Sir, time will tell.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I love the Celtics.  And I love Rondo.

I do not think he is a top 5, or even 10, PG in this league.

I would be okay with keeping him.  But, what I keep asking myself is - if we are "rebuilding", and probably not good again for 3-4 years, is this THE guy (at 30-31) we want molding our young breed?

I'm not upset by his play - I've seen him play enough.  He is what he is.

Therefore, in the best interests of the Celtics, I think Danny has 2 options:

1.  Trade him and get "value" for him while we still can.

2.  Don't stink for the next 3 years, but rather, bring in some perimeter players that can help him do what he does best - see the floor, pass the ball, and get up for big games!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to celticelmo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

i don't know, elmo. i guess rondo is an acquired taste and just plain not for everybody. i like him. i'm not concerned with his shooting. his FTs bother me. even more, and like so many, i don't care for all the ball pounding and he seems to be doing that as much as ever. seems like stevens ought to be coaching him away from that and i don't particularly get why he's not. anywho...time will tell. just not this season.

[/QUOTE]

The thing that scares me a bit with Rajon is that he is now 28 years old {I think}. If the C's do not bring a Carmelo or Love type player to help win "right now", we would have wasted lots of cash on a guy that could have brought us some assets for the rebuild. You are right though Sir, time will tell.

[/QUOTE]

the Celtics owe Green and Wallace about 40 million dollars. There isn't anything scary about what they owe Rondo after this year.

If ainge doesnt sign him to an extension I imagine he will be traded this summer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

i like option 2, hedley. do we have any good reason to think that's not danny's or coach brad's choice as well? no, we don't IMO.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

i like option 2, hedley. do we have any good reason to think that's not danny's or coach brad's choice as well? no, we don't IMO.

[/QUOTE]

the celtics organization likes rondo. no doubt about it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BP - would you be okay with:

Rondo

Hayward

Parker

Sully

Asik

?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Rondo

Hayward

Parker

Sully

Asik

?

yes. yes i would. certainly for next year.

tad off topic whilst on the subject of future rosters: i was by sam's forum today. he did lay one blistering on olynyk (w/o even mentioning the abomination that is his hair, ha!) i had to agree with him. got me to wondering if danny botched that pick. what's your take?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

Rondo

Hayward

Parker

Sully

Asik

?

yes. yes i would. certainly for next year.

tad off topic whilst on the subject of future rosters: i was by sam's forum today. he did lay one blistering on olynyk (w/o even mentioning the abomination that is his hair, ha!) i had to agree with him. got me to wondering if danny botched that pick. what's your take?

[/QUOTE]

No, good pick given what was there.  Kelly has a good bball IQ, and will improve, IMO.  Fab Melo was a botched pick.  Hindsight is 20-20, the Greek Freak, or maybe Dieng or Plumlee at that spot.  I think he will be an okay backup player.

That said, if he is part of a package that lands us a proven scorer, so be it!

But, I do like KO!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

i hope so. bob ryan was going out of his way praising KO the other month. between that and his summer league dominance, i reckon i was expecting more at this still early juncture.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to mellymel1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The dude cannot s hoot...he won't learn now...it's too late...he plays "matador" D, to quote Bob Cousy...now he lacks lateraL QUICKNESS ENTIRELY BECAUSE OF HIS DEFLICTED LEG...He's NOT a star...

Retool guys...from star to finish

[/QUOTE]

I agree Melly and Cousy is as big a homer as Tommy {Love them both}. He will always back a current Celtic as that is the Celtic way. I also do not think he will ever "learn" to s-hoot. He had plenty of time to work on his S-hot during his time off but for whatever reason, he just has never become better. Either it is not a priority but more than likely after all the time he has now logged, he will just never will become a S-hooter becasue he cannot keep his elbow in. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

You know Melly, I said this before and I think when he offered Rajon an extension, he knew he would not take it and it just sounds to me like the same way he handled Perk. "Hey, we offered and tried but it did not work out". History repeats itself and I think Danny is setting the stage for trading him?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

The dude cannot s hoot...he won't learn now...it's too late...he plays "matador" D, to quote Bob Cousy...now he lacks lateraL QUICKNESS ENTIRELY BECAUSE OF HIS DEFLICTED LEG...He's NOT a star...

Retool guys...from star to finish

look, it's heywood joblome doing his move again! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

I think it is pretty clear there is alot of wishful thinking going on with the anti Rondo crowd regarding their feverent hope that, Rondo is moved.

Fact is, the Celtics owner, and GM have gone on recorded several times saying Rondo won't be traded. They have named him captain, a odd move if they plan on trading him in 30 days.

Now don't get me wrong, if the Thunder call and offer durant Rondo is gone in a heartbeat, but Ainge considers Rondo a blue Chip guy and won't trade unless he gets equivelent value. The odds of Rondo going are minutely small.... but hey the If you're part of the trade Rondo club there is always tommorow. Maybe, that will be your lucky day. Today is looking bleak for your postion.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

I think it is pretty clear there is alot of wishful thinking going on with the anti Rondo crowd regarding their feverent hope that, Rondo is moved.

Fact is, the Celtics owner, and GM have gone on recorded several times saying Rondo won't be traded. They have named him captain, a odd move if they plan on trading him in 30 days.

Now don't get me wrong, if the Thunder call and offer durant Rondo is gone in a heartbeat, but Ainge considers Rondo a blue Chip guy and won't trade unless he gets equivelent value. The odds of Rondo going are minutely small.... but hey the If you're part of the trade Rondo club there is always tommorow. Maybe, that will be your lucky day. Today is looking bleak for your postion.  

Again jtll, I do not HATE Rondo. Simply what I think is best for the Celtics. I have no answers or I would be working in the front office. I just do not think that when the Celts finally get good enough to contend again {2-4 years} Rondo will be very good at that time. He plays terrible defense and just cannot s-hoot. As soon as he loses a step {or more due to the knee} that he does do enough to keep around. I want what is best for the Celts...not what is best for Rondo.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]

Again jtll, I do not HATE Rondo. Simply what I think is best for the Celtics. I have no answers or I would be working in the front office. I just do not think that when the Celts finally get good enough to contend again {2-4 years} Rondo will be very good at that time. He plays terrible defense and just cannot s-hoot. As soon as he loses a step {or more due to the knee} that he does do enough to keep around. I want what is best for the Celts...not what is best for Rondo.

[/QUOTE]

Well, I didn't accuse you of hating rondo, he may not be around in 2-4 years, that I won't be sol bold as to predict. I think it is pretty obvious he will be here through the year though and probably until next years trade deadline which will be a decsion point for the Celtics. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

tried to b paul reviere of this board.. RONDO = GONDO! no way ainge can put up with public talk about testing free agency. would b malfeasance, methinks u gotta just blow it all up. AB could b dangled as well, too high to pay 8m.. but we can rebuild with legit stars around sully. thats the one guy not being dangled!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

[QUOTE]

i hope so. bob ryan was going out of his way praising KO the other month. between that and his summer league dominance, i reckon i was expecting more at this still early juncture.

[/QUOTE]

Olynyk hasn't had any playing time with a cohesive unit.  I don't think we can judge a rookie just yet on his performance with these lineups

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to shines01's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Olynyk hasn't had any playing time with a cohesive unit.  I don't think we can judge a rookie just yet on his performance with these lineups

[/QUOTE]

He is averaging 13 points and 8.5 boards per 36 minutes.  Which is fine.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]  If the Thunder calls and offers Reggie Jackson, Rondo would be gone.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but OKC would also rather have Jackson than Rondo, so that aint happenin. 

If OKC trades anyone, it will be Westbrook because they are playing better as a team now, but they need a big man if they want a championship.  

Westbrook and Perk to Knicks  (so the Knicks can resign Melo)

Chandler, JR Smith or Shumpert and a pick to OKC  (Chandler defends Hibbert in the finals)  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but OKC would also rather have Jackson than Rondo, so that aint happenin. 

If OKC trades anyone, it will be Westbrook because they are playing better as a team now, but they need a big man if they want a championship.  

Westbrook and Perk to Knicks  (so the Knicks can resign Melo)

Chandler, JR Smith or Shumpert and a pick to OKC  (Chandler defends Hibbert in the finals)  

[/QUOTE]

No way does OKC take JR Smith.  They don't have knuckleheads on their team.  I think anything you wrote is plausible.  Chandler and Shumpert is good.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

JR Smith May not be a good fit in OKC, but he has much more market value to other teams in a turn-around trade.  

He would be a good fit for say... the Lakers who need scorers and a SG, but show no concern about knuckleheads and selfish players.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

JR Smith May not be a good fit in OKC, but he has much more market value to other teams in a turn-around trade.  

He would be a good fit for say... the Lakers who need scorers and a SG, but show no concern about knuckleheads and selfish players.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  And His Highness is out at least 3 more weeks........

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

What I don't like about his comments is that it lowers his trade value, and he's got to know that.  Other teams won't trade for him knowing that he'll do the same thing that Howard did to the fakers.  He acctually suggested that he wants the experience of being recruited. It came off as very egotistical and selfish to me.  Showing a complete and purposeful disregard for the Celtics.  Maybe he was just babling and meant nothing by it, either way, it hurts the Celtics leverage in a trade.

Anyone on here knows I'm a Rondo supporter as a player, but I don't like those comments, I'm losing trust in him as a Celtic.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to passfirst's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What I don't like about his comments is that it lowers his trade value, and he's got to know that.  Other teams won't trade for him knowing that he'll do the same thing that Howard did to the fakers.  He acctually suggested that he wants the experience of being recruited. It came off as very egotistical and selfish to me.  Showing a complete and purposeful disregard for the Celtics.  Maybe he was just babling and meant nothing by it, either way, it hurts the Celtics leverage in a trade.

Anyone on here knows I'm a Rondo supporter as a player, but I don't like those comments, I'm losing trust in him as a Celtic.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed - I only hope one thing - and that is IF he doesn't want to stay......he tells DA, so he can move him.  Kind of what Melo did with DEN.....which worked out well.....for DEN!!