OK You Rondo Haters And Supporters: What About This Trade?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

OK You Rondo Haters And Supporters: What About This Trade?

After the Celtics hopefully win the NBA Championship, I propose this trade.  The Boston Celtics get pg Baron Davis, pg Ramon Sessions, and the 2011 no.1 draft choice the Cavaliers received from the LA Clippers (currently the no.8 Lottery pick).  In return the Cavaliers get Rajon Rondo.

Note: The above trade was ammended (after being turned down by Celtic posters) to be exactly the same as above, except Boston receives the Cavaliers no.1, 2011 pick and not the no.1 they received from the Clippers.  This way Boston could potentially have the no.1 Lottery pick for 2011 and 2 point guards!  The Cavs would get Rondo.    

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: OK You Rondo Haters And Supporters: What About This Trade?

i would rather soak my head in a freshly used toilet than make that trade!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

this is getting annoying.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

DOH!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Does not compute

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4nj5dnl

you broke espn's trade machine.

short answer: no

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

No thanks.

How about this one Cavs fan.

We sign Kristic 2 years 20 million. (9.5m and 10.5m)

We then trade you Kristic (9.5) JON (6.3) Avery Bradley (1.7) our 2012 1st rd pick and give you back the 2013 2nd round pick you gave us for Semih.

In exchange for Baron Davis (14) and Anderson Varejao (7.7).

Davis is a big pal of KG/PP and gets in great shape with them over the summer. He can play 16 mins behind Rondo, including the last 4 mins of games b/c he is a better shooter. Then he can play 8 mins of SG alongside Rondo.

Varejao makes up for some of what we lost in Perk. Lose a lil O, add a lot of D. A 29 yr old 11p-9r 16 PER Center for a 27 year old 14p-7r 14 PER Center.

Cavs save 4m next year, 11m in '13 and 9m in '14. So a swap of foreign starting C's, a 21 yr old PG, draft picks in the 25-29 and 33-39 range and $ savings of 24 million.

Win-win right?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Or we can trade you KG, Avery and JON for...

Baron, Varejao and Antawn Jamison

You buyout KG for 18 of his 21 million. He returns here for the vet min. Giving up 2 million in salary to help get his pal Baron here.

Cavs save 42 million, get a young PG w/ upside, we'll toss you back that 2nd rd pick too.

Boston pays the same as if they were to keep Kristic and Baby on the team next year.

A Baron - Green - Jamison - Shaq bench is pretty nice.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Varajeo would be a monster in Boston.  From fan most hated list to most popular list almost immediately.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: OK You Rondo Haters And Supporters: What About This Trade?:
    [QUOTE]Varajeo would be a monster in Boston.  From fan most hated list to most popular list almost immediately.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Oh most def

He'll play almost as good a D as Perk. KG next to him instead of Jamison/Hickson can't hurt either. Rondo will get him 3-5 more points than his career averages. He'd be a 12-14 point 8-10 rebound guy here.

I'd make that trade in a second, even if we can't keep Baby b/c it'd cost 5m more than we'd pay Kristic, JON and Delonte to keep him.

Davis/Varejao is a financial wash for next year w/ Kristic/JON/Avery/Delonte/Baby

These mins are fine:

C - Varejao 24, Shaq 12,  KG 12
    PF - KG 16, Green 16, Varejao 8, Murphy 8
    SF - Pierce 32, Green 16
    SG - Ray 32, Davis 16
    PG -Rondo 36, Davis 12

That doesn't include players we could add w/ our 1st rd pick, the MLE or a sign and trade w/ Baby.

If Wyc spends and keeps Baby:

C - Varejao 28, Shaq 12, KG 8
    PF - KG 16, Baby 24, Green 8
    SF - Pierce 24, Green 24
    SG - Ray 32, Pierce 8, Davis 8
    PG - Rondo 32, Davis 16

Who gets 6th man of the year? Green, Baby or Baron?? TWO bench guys playing mins in the mid 20's and one playing around 30.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

[QUOTE]Does not compute
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]
    Hmm, lots of intresting trade proposals!  How about this?  Next July 2011, Celtics get pg Baron Davis, pg Ramon Sessions and the Cavaliers No.1 pick in the 2011 draft?  This way Boston could potentially have the first Lottery pick overall.  The Cavs would get Rondo. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OK You Rondo Haters And Supporters: What About This Trade? : Hmm, lots of intresting trade proposals!  How about this?  Next July 2011, Celtics get pg Baron Davis, pg Ramon Sessions and the Cavaliers No.1 pick in the 2011 draft?  This way Boston could potentially have the first Lottery pick overall.  The Cavs would get Rondo. 
    Posted by cavaliersfan[/QUOTE]

We already said no thanks.

This could be one of the weakest drafts of all time. No wonder you want to dump your pick.

The best players in the draft, Williams, Irving, Sullinger, Barnes, Kanter... compare to Beasley, Conley Jr., Horford, Deng type players... not franchise players. They are all 19-20. The Celts have another title shot w/ Rondo. Maybe 1-2 more if they can use assets to add another proven starter like Green.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Why didn't you respond to either of my proposals that save the Cavs boatloads of $?

What you should be doing is cutting payroll and stockpiling those 19-21 year olds. Avery would be in that age range as well. Do what the Clips and OKC did.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

[QUOTE]Why didn't you respond to either of my proposals that save the Cavs boatloads of $? What you should be doing is cutting payroll and stockpiling those 19-21 year olds. Avery would be in that age range as well. Do what the Clips and OKC did.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]
         I don't know that much about salary capology.  Also, the Cavs have the $14.4 million trade exception good until July something of this year.  If per chance it doesn't pan out, saving money to get under the cap, for the future, isn't a bad idea.  Which free agent are we going to lure over to Cleveland?  Charley Sheen.  I hear he has the tiger blood and is going for the win.  So that might work out.
         Let's face it, most of the players we both mentioned, for trades, are either: young and unproven, too old, bad knees or have average stats over the last few years.  It would be like trading Larry and Curly for Moe and Shemp.  I know I'm exaggerating.  The only young enough players we mentioned that are quality: Rajon Rondo A to A+ and Andy Verajaou B+ (only at PF).
         As for someone in the draft.  Kyrie Irving, played only 8 games for Duke as a freshman, but has interesting possibilities.  At 6-2, 180 lbs., he has very good quickness and shooting ability.  His moves are unreal.  Go watch him on You Tube.  The minute he steps on an NBA court, he might be the player with the best moves in the league.  But he is very young and unproven.
         I am still a very very big fan of Rajon Rondo.  Obviously, or I wouldn't have started this thread.                     

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Davis for Rondo, no way.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

While I believe that Ainge will make something happen over the summer, I don't believe Rondo will be part of anything unless the Celtics get at least one all-star player in return.  Davis isn't that guy, either are the rest of the Cavs mentioned, so there might be a third team involved.  Keeping Rondo, having added Green, makes the future look quick (it will be younger just by attrition) and adding another strong wing to replace Pierce (whenever) can be the direction Ainge travels (though he can't travel as much as Queen James).  I also doubt if Ainge sees draft picks as anything other than chips to trade given his propensity to build a championship team with vets.  Other than Rondo the last player they drafted who's made any real statement here was Pierce. The rest of the fantasy trades could play out, but I still think a third team has to be involved to get, in Ainge's mind, equal compensation in fewer (one?) rather than more players.  Just my take.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Wow...really?  No player is perfect (and will have their share of detractors)...but for this team to have a shoot first point guard renders Pierce, Allen and Garnett, not useless, but not in a good state.  Can I not get roasted for saying that pound for pound Rondo may be the best rebounder on the team (when properly motivated)?  He just has a knack for playing angles and projecting where the ball will come down that not many players have.  It's just that sometimes he pulls, I'm going to call it a "Pierce"....named after veteran players who know how to pick their spots through the season to conserve energy.  At 25 y/o he is too young....
    Posted by jallen3531[/QUOTE]

If I knew nothing about the NBA and read this post I would think that Rondo, the pass first point guard, is averaging about 30 assists per game and his teammates the BIG 3 really love that he is a pass first point guard.  He is actually averaging 12 and that 12 assists per game goes down every game lately.

Given this I cannot seem to reconcile how the so called "shoot first point guards" still averages 11, 10, 9, & 8 assists.

If there are indeed two different types of point guards why is there almost no difference or minimal at most in the assists stats?

Answer - pass first point guard is a code word for incomplete player whereas the so called shoot first point guard is the code word for a complete player.

The so called pass first point guard can't shoot, passes up layups, and has been wetting his pants since the trade because the guy he passes the ball to then passes it to the new offensive force in the starting 5, Krstic.  Therefore, Rondo's very limited participation in the offense is further limited by his complete inability to participate once the ball is out of his hands.  So when he passes the ball to KG and he shoots it, Rondo gets an assists however, when Rondo passes the ball to KG who then finds Krstic with a better shot and closer to the rim, then KG passes the ball and then Rondo does a p oo p oo in his pants - does not score and does not get an assist........

I have often said that Rondo creates pressure on the offense with his inability to participate and have also often said they were playing offense 3 against 5 with Perk.  Now that they have 4 guys participating in the offense there is better passing, better ball movement, and fewer assists available to Rondo.    2 points and 3 assists..........  good thing I am sitting down I am just overcome with that stat line...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

I'll say this about Rondo;  he has been more confident in the jumper, especially from the elbow.  Still no one is guarding him though.  The trade for Baron Davis is absurd.  Package Rondo and BBD and/or JON's expiring contract for Chris Paul or Deron Williams.  I believe that both are available at the end of the season.

PA

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]I'll say this about Rondo;  he has been more confident in the jumper, especially from the elbow.  Still no one is guarding him though.  The trade for Baron Davis is absurd.  Package Rondo and BBD and/or JON's expiring contract for Chris Paul or Deron Williams.  I believe that both are available at the end of the season. PA
    Posted by PACelt[/QUOTE]

You would have to kidnap the immediate and extended families of the two GM's and threaten to slaughter them before you would get either one of them to trade Paul or Williams for Rondo. 

You may want to consider this....... Williams and Paul want to play with guys that have a future and a chance to win.  The Cs have neither.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

Dudder,

Williams got traded for Devon Harris.  Melo got traded for who?  A disgruntled star that is up for free agency as both are.  Is only worth about 50 cents on the dollar.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.  IMO both would take the chance to win one next season rather than take a chance on the future.  Similarly, each is young enough to have another free agency in their future.  Think Lebron's having second thoughts?

PA

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

[QUOTE]While I believe that Ainge will make something happen over the summer, I don't believe Rondo will be part of anything unless the Celtics get at least one all-star player in return.  Davis isn't that guy, either are the rest of the Cavs mentioned, so there might be a third team involved.  Keeping Rondo, having added Green, makes the future look quick (it will be younger just by attrition) and adding another strong wing to replace Pierce (whenever) can be the direction Ainge travels (though he can't travel as much as Queen James).  I also doubt if Ainge sees draft picks as anything other than chips to trade given his propensity to build a championship team with vets.  Other than Rondo the last player they drafted who's made any real statement here was Pierce. The rest of the fantasy trades could play out, but I still think a third team has to be involved to get, in Ainge's mind, equal compensation in fewer (one?) rather than more players.  Just my take.  
    Posted by painter[/QUOTE]
    You have an interesting take on the Celtics' near future.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Is the Rondo trade imment if we lose or does he still go if we win a Title with him this year?

I think that if dont win it all this year and its  very obvious that we lost because of his shortcomings...mainly free throws...cuz everyone misses shots...then Yes, I can see dumping him and getting a pg more established in scoring considering lots of changes could happen mainly Doc leaving with his offensive system.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Someone should invent a "firewall" to prevent this kind of lunacy...the program will be bigger than Facebook!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to OK You Rondo Haters And Supporters: What About This Trade?:
    [QUOTE]After the Celtics hopefully win the NBA Championship, I propose this trade.  The Boston Celtics get pg Baron Davis, pg Ramon Sessions, and the 2011 no.1 draft choice the Cavaliers received from the LA Clippers (currently the no.8 Lottery pick).  In return the Cavaliers get Rajon Rondo. Note : The above trade was ammended (after being turned down by Celtic posters) to be exactly the same as above, except Boston receives the Cavaliers no.1, 2011 pick and not the no.1 they received from the Clippers.  This way Boston could potentially have the no.1 Lottery pick for 2011 and 2 point guards!  The Cavs would get Rondo.    
    Posted by cavaliersfan[/QUOTE]

The Clippers pick is lottery protected.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to OK You Rondo Haters And Supporters: What About This Trade? : The Clippers pick is lottery protected.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]
    The 2011 pick the Cavaliers have from the LA Clippers is not Lottery protected.