OKC vs Dallas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

OKC vs Dallas

Anyone have any opinions about the winner of this series.  I really like both teams and will be happy to see either team in the NBA finals.  I suppose that I would like to see Dirk finally get a ring, so maybe I want Dallas to win.  Also the coach is a former Celtic player which also is a good reason to want them to win. Although, Kevin Durant is my favorite player in the NBA and I have been a fan of Oklahoma City for a long-time.  Oklahoma City is a young team and they will probably have other opportunities to get to the finals again soon. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: OKC vs Dallas

I thought it would come down to the Mavs and Lakers, and I thought the winner of that series would win the west.  So I will stick with the Mavericks.  I like the Mavericks over whomever makes it from the east too.  I may be dead wrong, but I like the blend of scoring, veteran experience and depth on the Mavs' roster.    

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: OKC vs Dallas:
    [QUOTE]Hey, Susan.  Thanks for starting this. Westbrook has an edge, but other than that I don't see OKC with a clear matchup advantage.  I would guess that Ibaka guards Dirk, but being 20 feet from the basket negates his shotblocking advantage (especially weakside shot blocking). Marion will probably start out on Durant, but I don't think he's a physical defender; those are the kind that give Durant problems. The duel between JET and Maynor should be interesting also.  Two guys off the bench that can score. I'm not sure if OKC is significantly more talented than Portland (Mavs first round opponent), so I'm hoping the Mavs can end it in six or less.
    Posted by jallen5799[/QUOTE]

I think the Mavs have more talent and of course more experience, with Caron Butler I think the Mavs would be the clear favorite but the Thunder are on a nice run and the Mavs are rested, will they be rusty tonight and allow the Thunder to steal game 1?  If that happens, all bets are off.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Mavs are old.  Russell Westbrook will go by Jason Kidd like Kidd's standing still

And unlike Randolph, Perkins can hang better with Chandler

The key is Nowitzki because he's such a wierd individual matchup - he'll post up Durant and I don't know if Ibaka's perimeter defense is up to task

I would have taken the Grizzlies over the Mavs much more easily because the matchups work out better for the Grizz over Dallas (mainly Zach Randolph, with Conley still having an athletic advantage over Kidd, Battier matching up with the Mavs' bench scoring, Tony Allen possibly also bothering Kidd and therefore the Mavs' offense, and Gasol putting moves and winning the matchup with Chandler... the Grizzlies were a wierd TEAM matchup)

I still think the Thunder win because I feel like the league is trying to herald in a new era, but it's not as clear cut.  As one ESPN writer put it, there's a book on how to stop Durant by denying him the ball and by being physical in screens/pick-and-rolls.  There's no book on Randolph - guy was getting his 20-30 @45+% & 10reb no matter what

I'm rooting for Bulls/Thunder

But mostly I'm rooting against the Heat.  I wouldn't mind seeing Mark Cuban win it all just to snub his nose at David Stern, who I think has a vendetta against the fact that Cuban is more successful and wealthier than almost anyone in the league including him (notice how Stern has TWICE blocked billionaire Larry Ellison from buying an NBA team???)

Somehow I think that the Heat beat the Mavs again just so Stern can screw Cuban over

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

I'd like to see Dirk and Kidd get the championship. Everything has come relatively easily and quickly for the young thunder to this point, and it's rare that you see a young team win the championship without failing a few times prior to winning. Tony was very physical with Durant, and I expect Marion to play him similarly. I also think it will be damn near impossible for any okc defender to challenge Nowitzki, as he's just too well-rounded offensively. I'll take the mavs in 6 in this series.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Great win by Dallas last night.  Although, I didn't watch the entire game since the Bruins were playing, I did watch during commercials and at the end of the game.  You can understand why Dallas has done so well in the playoffs this year.  Dirk had a record performance last night and the bench for Dallas is really great. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Dallas is the better team, but even if they weren't OKC would have no chance in this series.  This year will be payback for the year cuban got robbed, and for playing nicey-nice with stern lately...but most importantly the nba will help them pay for that new arena.

Kobe goes from averaging like 10 ft's a game to under 4.  Now dirk shoots 24 free throws.  What a shock.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to OKC vs Dallas:
    [QUOTE]Anyone have any opinions about the winner of this series.  I really like both teams and will be happy to see either team in the NBA finals.  I suppose that I would like to see Dirk finally get a ring, so maybe I want Dallas to win.  Also the coach is a former Celtic player which also is a good reason to want them to win. Although, Kevin Durant is my favorite player in the NBA and I have been a fan of Oklahoma City for a long-time.  Oklahoma City is a young team and they will probably have other opportunities to get to the finals again soon. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]awesome susan. i was gi=oing to start another series thread based on okc-mavs, but i dont like to start threads if i dont have to or if someone already starts the context. thanks again. all that said, i was leaning towards the thunder before the series started but now think the MAVS are simply due. perk got outjerked by dirk. this will continue. i dont see what okc can do to change their fate. may double team dirk and force him to give up the ball but with jason terry and borea and all those 3 point guys around, they may have one stinker where they miss the ocean but unless mavs beat themselves, i dont see how okc wins series. will be 2-0, 3-1. mavs in 5 or 6. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to OKC vs Dallas : awesome susan. i was gi=oing to start another series thread based on okc-mavs, but i dont like to start threads if i dont have to or if someone already starts the context. thanks again. all that said, i was leaning towards the thunder before the series started but now think the MAVS are simply due. perk got outjerked by dirk. this will continue. i dont see what okc can do to change their fate. may double team dirk and force him to give up the ball but with jason terry and borea and all those 3 point guys around, they may have one stinker where they miss the ocean but unless mavs beat themselves, i dont see how okc wins series. will be 2-0, 3-1. mavs in 5 or 6. 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

I wonder if OKC is already regretting Perk.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Dirk is not very quick, so putting a taller defender on him is effective.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

The only in the series that is taller than him is his own starting center, I don't think the Mavs want Chandler checking Dirk.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

The Thunder should double Dirk to start the game for 2 reasons. 

1. The Dallas starters are weak outside shooters.
    2. You don't allow Dirk to get into and early rythym.

You can double off Deshawn. He might make a 3 or 2,but he's an awful shooter.

Carlise and Dallas has their scorers off the bench except for Dirk.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Who is going to win tonight's game?  I expect that OKC will really try to defend Dirk better than they did in the last game and it may be an even closer game. 
    I am still not sure that OKC will win.  Thoughts ! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Picking the Mavs tonight.  Mostly because I'd like to see Dirk win one.  And the Bulls and Heat may just grind eachother into dust. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

u just never know. okc making a push. still think mavs will pull out the series and game

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I'd like to see the Mavs win, too, though it's hard for me to believe a guy who looks like Bud Bundy can be a damn fine point guard.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Great win by OKC tonight.  I didn't watch the entire game, just the end of the game after watching the Bruins game.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Green-Islander. Show Green-Islander's posts

i like okc more just because i like watching kd and harden. and kd seems to be a humble kid. these youngster is the future of this league no doubt.

but i would love to see the mavs win the championship this year so that jason kid and dirk will finally have their rings. they deserve it a lot. and it will be sad if they exit the league without winning one (just like a lot of great players who were legends but didnt get any)

if it's the mavs coming out in the west, i hope the heat win.
    if it's okc, i hope the bulls win.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]i like okc more just because i like watching kd and harden. and kd seems to be a humble kid. these youngster is the future of this league no doubt. but i would love to see the mavs win the championship this year so that jason kid and dirk will finally have their rings. they deserve it a lot. and it will be sad if they exit the league without winning one (just like a lot of great players who were legends but didnt get any) if it's the mavs coming out in the west, i hope the heat win. if it's okc, i hope the bulls win.
    Posted by Green-Islander[/QUOTE]

I agree with you about Durant.  He is my favorite player in the NBA.  The Celtics should have acquired Harden instead of Green.  I believe is a better player, although, I don't have a chance of watching many of their games. 
    I would really like to see Dallas win the championship this year for the reasons that you mentioned.  Far too many great players retire without ever having won a championship.  KG never would have won a championship if he wasn't traded to the Celtics.  I would imagine that some other players wouldn't have won a championship if not for being traded to a good team. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]u just never know. okc making a push. still think mavs will pull out the series and game
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Big win for OKC but I am not sure they win the series...... what do you think about the stark difference in scoring between the two series?  I think I posted somewhere that the Heat - Bulls series could see several games in the 70s and both teams in both games in the other series have scored 100 or more.  The finals will be very interesting.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

The Dallas bench is the main reason for the 1980 scoring in the West. They score alot,but Barea,Peja and Terry can't guard anyone. 

The Bulls and Heat both have to play alot of defense,because neither team has enough scorers.

The scores will be in the 90's for the finals,because the East will play more defense and the west will play less.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]The Dallas bench is the main reason for the 1980 scoring in the West. They score alot,but Barea,Peja and Terry can't guard anyone.  The Bulls and Heat both have to play alot of defense,because neither team has enough scorers.   The scores will be in the 90's for the finals,because the East will play more defense and the west will play less.
    Posted by notrade[/QUOTE]

Neither team has enough scorers - so once you get past Wade, LeBron, Wade, Bosh, and Boozer, there are not any scorers - so something like 5 of the top 30 scorers in the league.... ok......

They don't play defense because they don't have enough scorers - they play defense because they can.  Therein lies the question...... can Dallas or OKC play enough defense in the finals?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

No responses by Lakers fans.  It would be interesting to hear from fans of other teams and what you think. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

In Response to OKC vs Dallas:
    [QUOTE]Anyone have any opinions about the winner of this series.  I really like both teams and will be happy to see either team in the NBA finals.  I suppose that I would like to see Dirk finally get a ring, so maybe I want Dallas to win.  Also the coach is a former Celtic player which also is a good reason to want them to win. Although, Kevin Durant is my favorite player in the NBA and I have been a fan of Oklahoma City for a long-time.  Oklahoma City is a young team and they will probably have other opportunities to get to the finals again soon. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

I would like to see Dirk finally get a ring also, but we will have to see how that heart implant works out for him in the end. Durant is spectacular and I like him more than any other player on either team.

Unfortunately, in the end,,,, I see the Heat beating either one of these teams with their strong defense. I also believe the Bulls would beat either of these teams due to defense.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I love okc and am thrilled about last night's game, but take my word for it...when it comes down to game 7 dirk will shoot 34 freethrows if that's what it takes.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

[QUOTE]I love okc and am thrilled about last night's game, but take my word for it...when it comes down to game 7 dirk will shoot 34 freethrows if that's what it takes.
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]

That will depend upon Dirk driving to the lane which sometimes he will, and sometimes, he won't. The mavs are a jumpshooting team, and jumpshooting teams usually get cold after awhile.