OKC vs Dallas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Re: OKC vs Dallas

Actually,
    what I have seen so far:
    The Thunder are an jump shooting team as well. Harden, Brooks, Westbrook even Perk (who was embarrased by Chandler by the way) made some incredible shoots in game 3.  The Mavs and Dirk (who really improved his game this year - passing and post wise) had quite some Dunks and layups going on.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

In Response to Re: OKC vs Dallas:
    [QUOTE]Actually, what I have seen so far: The Thunder are an jump shooting team as well. Harden, Brooks, Westbrook even Perk (who was embarrased by Chandler by the way) made some incredible shoots in game 3.  The Mavs and Dirk (who really improved his game this year - passing and pst wise) had quite some Dunks and layups going on.
    Posted by Gasthoerer[/QUOTE]

Yes, you are correct, although Westbrook and Durant are much more prone to taking the ball to the rim as compared to anyone else on the mavs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I got mixed feelings on who I want to win the series.  I have like the Mavs for years.  I live exactly halfway between both teams.  Been to many Mavs games including games with Bird , McHale, Parrish,   KG, Paul, and Ray.  My friend was actually Maurice Cheeks room mate in college at West Texas State.    I find myself usually rooting for who ever is behind.   Either way I hope its the West that wins the finals, after that Chicago.  I hope Miami never wins a title.  They nearly rate up there with the Fakers as far a dislike.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]I got mixed feelings on who I want to win the series.  I have like the Mavs for years.  I live exactly halfway between both teams.  Been to many Mavs games including games with Bird , McHale, Parrish,   KG, Paul, and Ray.  My friend was actually Maurice Cheeks room mate in college at West Texas State.    I find myself usually rooting for who ever is behind.   Either way I hope its the West that wins the finals, after that Chicago.  I hope Miami never wins a title.  They nearly rate up there with the Fakers as far a dislike.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree with you about Miami.  Although, I do believe they will win a few championships, I  would be very happy if LeBron never wins  a championship. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Great win by Dallas tonight.  OKC played great towards the end of the game, but it just wasn't enough.  They will have to win the next game to even have a chance in this series.   

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

i seem to remember someone mentioning how good Dallas was and being criticized about it for a little bit there a while ago...hmmm who was it?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Dallas had too many good players I think for the Thunder as well as experience.  I also don't think the Thunder could beat either team from the east.  As long as its not the Heat I can live with the other 3 teams winning.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Without the FT differential Dallas would have won this game by 25!

Durant and Dirk both with poor shooting games but Dirk came up big when it matters most with a crucial 3 and some importants 2s. And lets not forget his class A passing game in the beginning.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Dallas had too many good players I think for the Thunder as well as experience.  I also don't think the Thunder could beat either team from the east.  As long as its not the Heat I can live with the other 3 teams winning.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

I agree with you about anyone else but Miami.  I definitely don't want to see them win it all this year.  I really would like to see OKC win tonight and they may since they are playing at home.  Westbrook needs to pass more and get his teammates more involved.  If not, they will also lose tonight.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OKC vs Dallas :I really would like to see OKC win tonight and they may since they are playing at home.  Westbrook needs to pass more and get his teammates more involved.  If not, they will also lose tonight.  
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Well, you are right about Westbook but to mention that as first and single argument after he was their best player in the last game sound a little bit odd. Actually Durant has to shot better that 7 of 22 (or so) and 0 of 8 from 3s. They need more points from Harden, less minutes from Perk and their backup PG should play better than in the last game. But yeah, after all that, Westbrook could also distribute the ball better.

Finally, I hope that the Mavs kick the thunders a** and win big time! Dirk is a class act!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Disappointing loss for OKC.  I thought that Dallas would win this series anyway, but wanted to see OKC win another game.  They had a chance of winning last night, but it wasn't meant to be. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhajra. Show dhajra's posts

IMO Dallas will end this series with a win in the next game.  I watched the press conference on NBA TV after the game, and it was clear from Durant's face and actions that mentally, OKC is already done.  This game was a perfect example of why in the playoffs experience usually trumps youth and strength, etc., etc.   Poor OKC. Stick a fork in 'em.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing Dallas win the title this year.  Once the Celtics are out of it, I could care less about east-west.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]IMO Dallas will end this series with a win in the next game.  I watched the press conference on NBA TV after the game, and it was clear from Durant's face and actions that mentally, OKC is already done.  This game was a perfect example of why in the playoffs experience usually trumps youth and strength, etc., etc.   Poor OKC. Stick a fork in 'em. I personally wouldn't mind seeing Dallas win the title this year.  Once the Celtics are out of it, I could care less about east-west.
    Posted by dhajra[/QUOTE]

I agree that is definitely more difficult for younger teams like OKC to have much success in the playoffs.  The veteran teams definitely have the advantage.  I really would like to see Dallas win the championship this year.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

A 14 ft per game advantage doesn't hurt either.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Green-Islander. Show Green-Islander's posts

god awful last 5 minutes for okc. they were really lost when harden went out, no clear offense and westbrook went on his usual ballhog mode again.

i am rooting for the mavs because of jason kidd but i feel so bad for okc. i cant even watch the highlights or the postgame interviews, it kinda makes me feel nauseous for the youngsters lol.

if the heat wins today, guess it will be an '06 revenge story. it will be interesting how the heat D will approach the big german..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

the fat lady is about to get up and sing on okc! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Yeah,
    BIG comeback again by Dallas led by a clutch Dirk 3 after a hustle play of Marion.

Keep on hating on Westbrook, but the guy who lost it for OKC was clearly (!) Durant who dissapeared again in the final minutes.

Did anyone mentioned here that Kidd can't defend anyone? Ouch!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Not really surprised that Dallas won this game.   It is nice to see Dallas in the NBA finals again.  Hopefully, they will win this time. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

This is Dirk's year -- hopefully.  I'll stick with the Mavs over the Heat or Bulls.  But the Heat are a much better playoff team than I thought they would be, so who really knows.