Omer Asik's salary

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

Omer Asik's salary

Houston signed Omer Asik with a so-called "poison Pill" to ensure that the Bulls would not match.  His contract is structured like this:

12-13 $5.000,000

13-14 $5,225.000

14-15 $14,898,938

For cap purposes his salary is$8,374,646 per season.

Asik has been rumored to be on the block.  At this point the team trading for him would be assuming $20,123,938 in salary for 2 years, averaging just over $10m per year.  Houston will have received one year of his services for only $5m.

Furthermore Asik's trade value would diminish over time.  After 13-14 he would then be due $14.898,938 for one year.

If the Rockets wish to trade him, I would think the Celtics, like other teams, should be interested.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Re: Omer Asik's salary

Why?

He's way overpaid, and we are going for the lottery.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

rumors have him ending up in NO for Andersen.

makes sense for both teams.

the celtics can certainly tale on his contract (as long as we send back at least $5M in salary's).

remember we have Humphries expiring $10M off the books the year after.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

Houston signed Omer Asik with a so-called "poison Pill" to ensure that the Bulls would not match.  His contract is structured like this:

12-13 $5.000,000

13-14 $5,225.000

14-15 $14,898,938

Asik has been rumored to be on the block.  At this point the team trading for him would be assuming $20,123,938 in salary for 2 years, averaging just over $10m per year.  Houston will have received one year of his services for only $5m.

Furthermore Asik's trade value would diminish over time.  After 13-14 he would then be due $14.898,938 for one year.

If the Rockets wish to trade him, I would think the Celtics, like other teams, should be interested.

Are the Celtics tanking, or not? 

I could see the Celtics offering Kris Humphries expiring deal and some other asset, but why would the Rockets make that deal?  The sign and trade with Atlanta for Josh Smith would have made the most sense for the Rockets, but Smith is in Detroit.  I think that Asik has quite a bit of value (even with the poison pill next year) and will be dealt for future picks or a starting, borderline all-star PF.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

I think that Asik has quite a bit of value (even with the poison pill next year) and will be dealt for future picks or a starting, borderline all-star PF.

[/QUOTE]

OK..then give them Bass and a 2018 first

Cool

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

In response to Bigpapa1977's comment:

12-13 $5.000,000

13-14 $5,225.000

14-15 $14,898,938

I could see the Celtics offering Kris Humphries expiring deal and some other asset, but why would the Rockets make that deal?  The sign and trade with Atlanta for Josh Smith would have made the most sense for the Rockets, but Smith is in Detroit.  I think that Asik has quite a bit of value (even with the poison pill next year) and will be dealt for future picks or a starting, borderline all-star PF.

I am not convinced that the celtics are tanking.  Picking up a legitimate center would make the Celtics a decent team, IMO.  Asik. by himself, would not impede the Celtics from rebuilding this team, IMO, he could be part of it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:

I think that Asik has quite a bit of value (even with the poison pill next year) and will be dealt for future picks or a starting, borderline all-star PF.

OK..then give them Bass and a 2018 first

Cool

[/QUOTE]

I definitely had Bass in mind if Houston likes him.  A protected pick / lesser of two picks beyond 2014 might be about right. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to vtfanofcs' comment:

[QUOTE]

12-13 $5.000,000

13-14 $5,225.000

14-15 $14,898,938

I am not convinced that the celtics are tanking.  Picking up a legitimate center would make the Celtics a decent team, IMO.  Asik. by himself, would not impede the Celtics from rebuilding this team, IMO, he could be part of it.

[/QUOTE]

Why do we want to be a marginal playoff or late lottery team?  Why do we keep dreaming about slight upgrades with all these pieces that other teams don't want?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

In response to MelWitt's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

12-13 $5.000,000

13-14 $5,225.000

14-15 $14,898,938

[/QUOTE]

No offense but...Wrong...they are tanking...there is no way they can do anything but stumble into the playoffs by wasting $$$ on humps like Asik and without GREAT players, so what's the sense of that?

This hump Asik is not worth $14 mill in '15or $8+ mill/yr on the cap each year...So yes, I have no suggestions but for them to be resigned to their fate for a couple of years, hopefully to get a decent lottery pick each such year to allow either us getting lucky and getting a couple of GREAT players in the draft, or accummulating assets to allow Danny Strange a chance to acquire GREAT players that way...what you suggest if a recipe for feckless mediocrity...the C's are about championships, not playoff one and dones...that's what the Asiks of the world get you.

[/QUOTE]

How many years will this tanking take?  What is the guaranteed payoff?  Should this tanking bring the C's assets by getting rid of the ones they already have?

A trade that brings a player like Asik, if possible, would not destroy Boston's future,

Boston can continue to mold  it's roster and still maintain flexibility.  IMO,  Gerald Wallace's contract remains the worst piece going forward.  And, who knows, unattractive contracts have been moved before.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Hey Guys!

NO MORE SALARY.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

The best guarantee that is most plausible in this scenario is that Asik is not the answer.  What more flexibility is less cap room and worse draft picks?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

Celtics guaranteed salaries 2014-15

Rondo     13,000,000

Wallace   10,106,000

Green      9,200,000

Bass        6,950,000

Lee          5,450,000

Total:  $44,706,000

I don't have the information if thes players cap numbers in 2014-15 match their salaries in that season exactly.  Maybe someone has these numbers if they are different.

Asik's reported cap hit for both 12-13 and 13-14 is 8,374,646. Substituting Asik's salary for Bass', for example would raise the l commitments for 2014-15 to:

Total: $46.130,646

Other players on the current roster cost money as well, but their contracts are not guraranteed beyond next year.  Olynik's will be either way.  Players and their contract's remain movable.

PS: I am not saying that Bass and a protected pick beyond 2014 will get it done.  Other teams will be in the mix if Asik continues to be shopped.  Houston will want a fit for their team.  Apparently, Houston pursued Ryan Anderson and it has not happenied.  The story I read suggested that New Orleans feels that Anderson's value is greater than Asik.  Asik's value is greater than Bass, IMO.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Rondo     13,000,000

Wallace   10,106,000

Green      9,200,000

Bass        6,950,000

Lee          5,450,000

I don't have the information if thes players cap numbers in 2014-15 match their salaries in that season exactly.  Maybe someone has these numbers if they are different.

Asik's reported cap hit for both 12-13 and 13-14 is 8,374,646. Substituting Asik's salary for Bass', for example would raise the l commitments for 2014-15 to:

Other players on the current roster cost money as well, but their contracts are not guraranteed beyond next year.  Olynik's will be either way.  Players and their contract's remain movable.

PS: I am not saying that Bass and a protected pick beyond 2014 will get it done.  Other teams will be in the mix if Asik continues to be shopped.  Houston will want a fit for their team.  Apparently, Houston pursued Ryan Anderson and it has not happenied.  The story I read suggested that New Orleans feels that Anderson's value is greater than Asik.  Asik's value is greater than Bass, IMO.

I've been arguing this trade with the Fungus for weeks now. Either Houston trades Asik for a PF that can shoot (Bass) or they take back an expiring contract (Humphries) to cut their cap for 2014. Either deal works for the C's ... We get a bonafide center now and save a few million this coming season.

I don't think we're tanking either. Danny will continue to build assets knowing that Stevens will need at least a season to get acclimated with the NBA and all his new players. Getting better assets now will not change the win-loss situation for the upcoming season. Waiting for a draft pick or a possible free agent a few years out is wishful thinking. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

[QUOTE]

Rondo     13,000,000

Wallace   10,106,000

Green      9,200,000

Bass        6,950,000

Lee          5,450,000

I've been arguing this trade with the Fungus for weeks now. Either Houston trades Asik for a PF that can shoot (Bass) or they take back an expiring contract (Humphries) to cut their cap for 2014. Either deal works for the C's ... We get a bonafide center now and save a few million this coming season.

I don't think we're tanking either. Danny will continue to build assets knowing that Stevens will need at least a season to get acclimated with the NBA and all his new players. Getting better assets now will not change the win-loss situation for the upcoming season. Waiting for a draft pick or a possible free agent a few years out is wishful thinking. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush!

[/QUOTE]

We don't know how the future may turn out, It is possible that having a team in place may make it easier to attract a desirable free agent.  Sign and trade opportunities may exist.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

whatever happens, I cannot wait for ainge's next move. The next one should let us know for sure where we are headed. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Mployee8's comment:

[QUOTE]

So why won't you accept that deal I offered you?

You keep talking about how you think the Celts can get Asik for Humphries, but when asked to put your money where your mouth is, you turn into a chicken!

Again, no way the Rockets will deal Asik for garbage like Humphries.

[/QUOTE]

So what happened to J Smoove to Houston for Asik and/or Lin???

WRONG AGAIN FUNGUS34 ... WRONG AGAIN!!!!  What's that, 1 for 10 in the last week now?  Before you challenge others, take a look in the mirror and challenge yourself to grow up cause you haven't got such a great record here after the thousands of poor predictions you've made. No wonder you've hidden your posts as everyone else says ... You're embarrassed to have them thrown back in your face!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Asik is meh for me and a no way because of his salary. I think G Wallaces has shown more value for what he's getting paid than Asik. Humpty put up better stats per minutes played than Asik and he has an expiring 12 mil contract not a contract that will increase almost double each year
    The most positive post if it became true would be for Hou to trade for Anderson which would make Parsons maybe more available but that is not really ever going to happen. I really don't see any Hou trade scenario,especially involving Rondo,that would be benificial to us.

Not that I care about either team but, Asik to Atl for L Williams would be the best fits for both teams. Asik would let Horford play PF and be a monster at the 4 and Williams can shoot and distribute which would fit in with the rest of Hou lineup being able to play 30 minutes rotating with Harden and Lin.