Once again Ainge throws cold water on the 2014 draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mossad-did-911. Show mossad-did-911's posts

Re: Once again Ainge throws cold water on the 2014 draft

lol Asik and Gay aren't leading anyone to a championship. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:

The way Brad uses his entire bench these guys can run and defend. Asik rebounds and protects the rim while Hawes rebounds and scores at center. Sully is a bull in a china shop down low and Oly can score around the rim or outside. Green and Gay are fast and athletic forewards that can create their own shots, shoot well and defend adequately. A versatile group of guards in Crawford, Rondo, Morrow, Lee and Brooks/Pressey ... What's not to like in year one of the rebuild?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mossad-did-911. Show mossad-did-911's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The way Brad uses his entire bench these guys can run and defend. Asik rebounds and protects the rim while Hawes rebounds and scores at center. Sully is a bull in a china shop down low and Oly can score around the rim or outside. Green and Gay are fast and athletic forewards that can create their own shots, shoot well and defend adequately. A versatile group of guards in Crawford, Rondo, Morrow, Lee and Brooks/Pressey ... What's not to like in year one of the rebuild?

[/QUOTE]

no way, i certainly hope DA has a better plan than that. Rondo, Asik, and Gay are all FA's after next season, there's no way i would want them to trade their #1 picks for possible one year rentals. That team isn't even a contender. i'm not totally against trading picks, but for OMER ASIK and RUDY GAY??? haha negative!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

no way, i certainly hope DA has a better plan than that. Rondo, Asik, and Gay are all FA's after next season, there's no way i would want them to trade their #1 picks for possible one year rentals. That team isn't even a contender. i'm not totally against trading picks, but for OMER ASIK and RUDY GAY??? haha negative!

[/QUOTE]

Haha ... You didn't read the trade proposal cuz no picks were used in these trades ... Just player/s for player/s. Try Again?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mossad-did-911. Show mossad-did-911's posts

you're right, i stopped reading after... "(Morrow) has the potential to (be) every bit as good as Ray Allen.." LOL 

and Wallace, Bradley, Bogans for Gay? HAHA get real. Toronto isn't in business to make the C's better. Why would they EVER even consider that trade?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Dear Mployee8,

Great post.  Best post in a long time.  Calling the 2014 draft "overrated" seems like the new trend.  Besides DA, it seems like the whole media is finally recognizing it.  At last everyone is realizing that as good as Wiggins et al are, they're not Shaqs, Duncans, or Lebrons.  And they do not deserve all the attention.

Great thread, too.  For a while, Fierce seemed to be making sense.  In the end, though, you succeeded in exposing him.  Sorry Fierce, no offense.  You can go sit down now.

Loved your trade scenarios.  Especially after you backed it up with the math.  More please, thanks.

Xoxo,

MITCH   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

you're right, i stopped reading after... "(Morrow) has the potential to (be) every bit as good as Ray Allen.." LOL 

and Wallace, Bradley, Bogans for Gay? HAHA get real. Toronto isn't in business to make the C's better. Why would they EVER even consider that trade?

[/QUOTE]

If you can get Morrow for as little as a trade exception to be a sharp shooter off the bench you pass on that? Are you crazy? Look at the stats ...

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/3-points

As I've said, Toronto is anxious to trade Gay. Not for what he will bring them but to move his $17M in salary so the new GM can continue their rebuild. They are young and getting younger and will need a guy like Wallace to mentor and inspire them. Bogans gives them cap relief and Bradley the same if they let him walk or they could flip him for another asset if they don't/can't resign him. Again, just an exercise to show what could be done and I think (based on what Brad has done with our current motley crew) that a young athletic roster with flexibility up and down the bench is one that could fast break superior talented teams off the court. Doc couldn't manage his starters against such a deep squad ... his starters would be spendt by the 4th qtr.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mossad-did-911. Show mossad-did-911's posts

M(itch)ployee8??? LOL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mossad-did-911. Show mossad-did-911's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If you can get Morrow for as little as a trade exception to be a sharp shooter off the bench you pass on that? Are you crazy? Look at the stats ...

As I've said, Toronto is anxious to trade Gay. Not for what he will bring them but to move his $17M in salary so the new GM can continue their rebuild. They are young and getting younger and will need a guy like Wallace to mentor and inspire them. Bogans gives them cap relief and Bradley the same if they let him walk or they could flip him for another asset if they don't/can't resign him. Again, just an exercise to show what could be done and I think (based on what Brad has done with our current motley crew) that a young athletic roster with flexibility up and down the bench is one that could fast break superior talented teams off the court. Doc couldn't manage his starters against such a deep squad ... his starters would be spendt by the 4th qtr.

[/QUOTE]

i like your effort but i don't see morrow as the next ray allen, i don't see toronto swapping a 27 year old overpaid player for a 31 year old overpaid player, and i don't see that team winning anything. getting asik and gay would reduce DA's flexibility with the lineup and then we would be in a predicament after 2014-15 when Rondo, Gay, and Asik become FA's, Jeff Green the year after that. I wouldn't do it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i like your effort but i don't see morrow as the next ray allen, i don't see toronto swapping a 27 year old overpaid player for a 31 year old overpaid player, and i don't see that team winning anything. getting asik and gay would reduce DA's flexibility with the lineup and then we would be in a predicament after 2014-15 when Rondo, Gay, and Asik become FA's, Jeff Green the year after that. I wouldn't do it.

[/QUOTE]

Hey!  Stop terrorizing #8!  But I agree with you, Morrow sucks.  #8 can be wrong at least ONCE, can't he? 

Best possible scenario for the C's:

1. Mossad kidnaps Jordan Crawford and Courtney Lee. 
    2. Brooks, like Fav, breaks out with a killer stat line.
    3. Ainge to Stevens: Hide this weapon, like Fav, on the bench until next season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

M(itch)ployee8??? LOL

[/QUOTE]

So lame ...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

Good analyses throughout this thread but I feel it is too early to speculate about trades since we don't know how good (or bad) we can be until be play better teams. We also have to see what the team looks like as a package after Rondo returns. I'm tired of the Asik idea. What can he do that Sully/KO/ Fav cannot?

IMHO, the teams we will have trouble matching up with are the ones like Charlotte. We have some size and we have other players with quickness. Charlotte, like some others, has bigs with bulk and quickness. I'm for holding off on other trades unless it is a true big with some strong athleticism (which we may not be able to afford). I think acquiring Gay would take the ball out of JG's hands and Jeff keeps inching closer to being a very solid scorer.

Let's see what the next 5 games bring.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to hondorondo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good analyses throughout this thread but I feel it is too early to speculate about trades since we don't know how good (or bad) we can be until be play better teams. We also have to see what the team looks like as a package after Rondo returns. I'm tired of the Asik idea. What can he do that Sully/KO/ Fav cannot?

IMHO, the teams we will have trouble matching up with are the ones like Charlotte. We have some size and we have other players with quickness. Charlotte, like some others, has bigs with bulk and quickness. I'm for holding off on other trades unless it is a true big with some strong athleticism (which we may not be able to afford). I think acquiring Gay would take the ball out of JG's hands and Jeff keeps inching closer to being a very solid scorer.

Let's see what the next 5 games bring.

[/QUOTE]

I don't really care about Gay ... that option was provided to appeal to those that claim we need a legitimate Superstar. There aren't a whole lot of real centers available either in the draft or as free agents come 2014. That's why there's alot of talk of Asik as he's affordable and after two years theere's a much better crop of FA Centers in 2015. So we could extend Asik or flip him and go after a bigger, younger rim protector. Check out the difference between 2014 and 2015 FA centers here;

http://www.hoopsworld.com/2014-nba-free-agents

http://www.hoopsworld.com/2015-nba-free-agents

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"I don't really care about Gay ... that option was provided to appeal to those that claim we need a legitimate Superstar."

Rudy Gay a superstar?

Really?

He's not even an All-Star!

[/QUOTE]

Thought you were one of the biggest advocates for a trade with Memphis a few years ago when there were rumors that Memphis couldn't resign him. (???)

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Another thread that details the sprots equivalent of the "chinese menu" trade paradigm..."you take two from column A, and one from column B with a luxury tax appetizer"...PLEASE give this BS a rest...DA will let is know when he's done something...nothing any of us emote here will have a scintilla of impact on his decision...it's why we're here writing on a sports blog and he's making millions as an NBA GM.

[/QUOTE]

It was an excercise to show how quickly the team could rebuild by trades in lieu of the draft. No hopes, wishes or Danny read this please BS. Just proof that it can be done via trades.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.