One More Trade Scenario

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from colombiano. Show colombiano's posts

Re: One More Trade Scenario

JJ Redick? Please..... What about a true center that can rebound?

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

why not just sign Redick after the season? its not like he is gunna be someone to put us over the top this year, so i dont like giving ppl up for him if we dont have to.

Because we already have Rondo, Bradley, Lee, Terry, and even Barbosa. Not sure about AB's contract but all the others are here other than Barbosa and he is a cheap good player. By trading Terry we are getting younger, a better shooter, and getting rid of Terry in the process. Terry obviously did not work well with Rondo but I think Redick would be a lot better.  All people have done is grip about JT all year and now everyone wants to keep him?

What would you do if the Magic wanted Bradley instead of Terry?  I kind of like a Lee, Redick backcourt!!

Tough choice. I really like Bradley and think he may end up being a good offensive player as well, so I guess I would say no

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Nope Perry Jones isn't going to be a center.  Never said he would.  Gave my thoughts on why I would have taken him.  If Perkins if the best he can be in 2-3 more years,  i don't think he is worth the wait..

Gortat was averaging about 5-4 rebounds a game in year 2 and 3 of his NBA career in only about 13 minutes a game. Projected out thats probably about 15 rebounds per 48 min.  I doubt we see Melo put up that kind of rebounding production.  Maybe he can be a Deke or Hibbert,  but like I said I think we talking years down the road.  A lot can happen in years.  

The Celts already drafted Sully so it would've been redundant if they also drafted PJ3.

Yes, it would take years down the road. But that's where the Celtics are headed. Usually it takes 5-10 years for a former NBA champion to get back to the Finals or conference finals. 

Depending on how Rondo performs, the Celtics can be back in the hunt as early as 2015-16. That's if Rondo continues to improve.

But if Rondo gets traded, the Celts would have to start from scratch. That means more time in the lottery in the next 10 years.

So since the Celts are not going to be contenders any time soon, the Celtics can afford to wait for Fab Melo to fully develop.

A lot can chance in two years.  We started from scratch with KG and RA. Rondo getting traded would get us a decent player in return and we would not be in the lottery for 10 years.  Thats not going to happen.  Teams can turn it around in a hurry now days.  PJ is more of a SF than PF so its not exactly a redundant pick.  He plays smaller.  U may not consider the C's to be a contender anytime soon,  but I bet DA and Doc would disagree with you.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

A lot can chance in two years.  We started from scratch with KG and RA. Rondo getting traded would get us a decent player in return and we would not be in the lottery for 10 years.  Thats not going to happen.  Teams can turn it around in a hurry now days.  PJ is more of a SF than PF so its not exactly a redundant pick.  He plays smaller.  U may not consider the C's to be a contender anytime soon,  but I bet DA and Doc would disagree with you.

We didn't start from scratch with KG and Ray. The Celtics already acquired a lot of assets over the years, that's why they were able to get KG and Ray. The Celts wouldn't have traded for KG or Ray if they got Durant or Oden. Ainge made it clear to Pierce that he would be traded if the Celts were going to build around Durant or Oden.

But since the Celtics didn't get Oden or Durant, Ainge traded away all the young talent for a 31-year old KG. Before that, Ainge traded away the 5th pick for Ray. What Ainge did was surround Pierce with other star players. The result was an instant contender.

If the Celtics trade Rondo then that's starting from scratch. Building around Rondo shortens the rebuilding process, not that other way around.

I saw PJ3 play in the summer league. He's a tweener, like you said he's more of a SF. If that's the case then he's redundant because we already have Jeff Green.

Well we wouldn't be starting from scratch this time either then.  We would still have players that could fetch other players. Probably not a KG but good players.

Look all I am saying is it isn't going to be a 10 year drought like you said.  Yes I understand how we became title holders, thats why I brought it up in the first place, so I really don't need a history lesson on the C's.   The point was you can turn it around quickly.  I still stand by that. It is irrelevant about PJ being redundant with Jeff Green,  the point there being he will be a better player quicker.  An asset if you will.  

I am not going to continue the back and forth  nitpicking on this.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

We didn't start from scratch with KG and Ray. The Celtics already acquired a lot of assets over the years, that's why they were able to get KG and Ray. The Celts wouldn't have traded for KG or Ray if they got Durant or Oden. Ainge made it clear to Pierce that he would be traded if the Celts were going to build around Durant or Oden.

But since the Celtics didn't get Oden or Durant, Ainge traded away all the young talent for a 31-year old KG. Before that, Ainge traded away the 5th pick for Ray. What Ainge did was surround Pierce with other star players. The result was an instant contender.

If the Celtics trade Rondo then that's starting from scratch. Building around Rondo shortens the rebuilding process, not that other way around.

I saw PJ3 play in the summer league. He's a tweener, like you said he's more of a SF. If that's the case then he's redundant because we already have Jeff Green.

Well we wouldn't be starting from scratch this time either then.  We would still have players that could fetch other players. Probably not a KG but good players.

Look all I am saying is it isn't going to be a 10 year drought like you said.  Yes I understand how we became title holders, thats why I brought it up in the first place, so I really don't need a history lesson on the C's.   The point was you can turn it around quickly.  I still stand by that. It is irrelevant about PJ being redundant with Jeff Green,  the point there being he will be a better player quicker.  An asset if you will.  

In addition, the L. James sweepstakes will likely take place in 2014! Anything is possible! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

In addition, the L. James sweepstakes will likely take place in 2014! Anything is possible! 

bingo

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

The fastest team to make it back to the Finals from one generation to another is the Lakers.   It only took them 9 years from Magic Johnson's last Finals appearance in 1991 to Shaq and Kobe's first championship in 2000. Other than the Lakers, no other franchise has been able to do it faster.

OKC only took 5 years to make it to the Finals after getting Durant in 2007.

Building through the draft is the best way to go.

we have been building thru the draft.  Others may not agree with that being the best way.  Let me tell you something,  everyday in the world of sports, something happens that has never happened before.  From worst to first is not that uncommon any more.  With the new restrictions coming up the next couple of years,  ANYTHING  is possible.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

One more thing,  its better to build thru the draft AND thru trades.  Very few contenders have built slowly thru the draft.  None really come to mind other than OKC and SA.

Miami, NY, Lakers,  just to name a few didn't build thru the draft.

Other teams have been building thru the draft for years and years.  Portland, Atlanta, Bobcats, etc, etc, etc. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

If the Celts trade Rondo and KG and Pierce are already retired then the roster would look like the one below.

C - ???/Fab Melo

PF - Sully

SF - Jeff Green

SG - Bradley

PG - ???/Lee

That's a lottery team. No scorer or superstar. The NBA is a league of superstars. Check the list of NBA champs, every team that won a championship had stars. 

But if you say Rondo will get us a Lebron James or Kevin Durant then it's true we won't be in the lottery.

Right now it's not a good idea to trade Rondo because the Celtics will not get equal value. 

The best solution is to build around Rondo and see if he can lead a new generation of Celtic players to a championship. If it doesn't work out then trade Rondo at the trade deadline of 2015 when Rondo is to become an unrestricted FA at the end of that season.

That's a lottery team with Rondo, so why not trade him?  When KG and Pierce come off the books we will have more money to sign a big time player or two.  I agree about having super star players, but Rondo is no super star, and only a star in marketing and assists!!

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

One more thing,  its better to build thru the draft AND thru trades.  Very few contenders have built slowly thru the draft.  None really come to mind other than OKC and SA.

Other teams have been building thru the draft for years and years.  Portland, Atlanta, Bobcats, etc, etc, etc. 

If I am not mistaken, the Cs record was worse than SA (97) and SEA-OKC (07) in both key drafts mentioned above. SA ended up with Duncan and OKC ended up with Durant! 

Point being, dont put all of your eggs in the NBA draft bucket!! 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

If I am not mistaken, the Cs record was worse than SA (97) and SEA-OKC (07) in both key drafts mentioned above. SA ended up with Duncan and OKC ended up with Durant! 

rub it in!!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

rub it in!!

It still stings! I thought for certain we were getting Duncan in 97, and thought we were a lock for either Durant or Oden in 07! 

DA did a fantastic job turning a negative into a positive in 07! As Cs GM, he exceeded everything he did as a player during that summer! He is an awesome GM in my book! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

"With the new restrictions coming up the next couple of years,  ANYTHING  is possible."

Not disagreeing with you. It's just a fact that it usually takes more than 10 years to become contenders again.

The Bulls last Finals appearance was in 1998, it's now 2013.

The Pistons took 14 years to win another championship, 1990-2004.

The Rockets have not won since 1995.

It's just like no team in NBA history has won a championship averaging less than 40 rebounds per game in the regular season. I know you don't agree with that but it's never been done, ever!

Anyway, it doesn't matter, I can wait another 10-20 years.

No I don't disagree with the 40 rebound thing.  I just think it can happen. Like I said, every day something happens that has never happened before.   The league is changing styles all the time.  Its funny you talk about how long it takes for teams to be contenders.  We are actually only talking about a handful of teams.  It takes time for teams to get back there for sure.  Only 2 teams do it every year and the same teams have done it numerous times.  That tells me it isn't just about thru the draft.

I think we have be this horse enough,  it may not be able to walk again.