One possible path

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

One possible path

Trade 1: Humphries for Gordon & 2014 Blazers 1st

Trade 2: Bass & Green for Okafor & 2014 Wizzards 1st

Draft: If the season were to end today, with their picks Celtics would get:

(per DraftXpress: http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2014/)

Marcus Smart (Celtics)

Rodney Hood (Wizzards)

Nik Stauskas (Nets)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBRnDM_a_TU

Zack LaVine Isaiah Austin (Blazers)

http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2014/2/10/5397988/isaiah-austin-profile-baylor-nba-draft-2014

Trade 3 (draft day trade): Marcus Smart & Gerald Wallace for Jameer Nelson (nonguarenteed) and Doug McDermott (Magic's pick via Denver)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS8hO5QWJYw

Transaction 1: Offer Gordon Hayward 4 years 38M (8.5, 9.0, 9.5, 10)

Transaction 2: Offer Avery Bradley 4 years 30M (6, 7, 8, 9)

2014-15 Celtics

PG: Rondo, Pressey

SG: Bradley, Johnson, Stauskas

SF: Hayward, Hood

PF: Olynyk, McDermott

C: Sulinger, Austin, Favarani, Anthony

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: One possible path

Isaiah Austin really intrigues me. This kid has overcome a lot to become a productive college player. Per the SBNation analysis, he is on a badly constructed and badly coached team. Austins would be yet another highly skilled big to pair with Sully and KO, except Austin brings a twist on what he offers. He is 7'1 with a 7'3 wingspan. He needs to bulk up, but over time he will become a very, very talented big in the NBA. I know its premature, but I see a little bit of Anthony Davis swagger in Isaiah. He can block/contest shots and he can shoot.

McDermott is going to be a Kyle Korver type, but possibly better. He is the ideal role player off the bench who can score in volume with efficiency from range. Something about a Kelly Olynyk/Doug McDermott unathletic white-guy pick&roll gets me going. 

Hood is just a replacement for Green. He's been a top scorer on that Duke team and is again a good distance shooter.

Stauskas looks to me like a Thompson-type. A scorer and a shooter who's putting up 17ppg on a Michigan team with Gary Harris. He is 6'6 and a prototypical SG. I like the idea of having Johnson as our lanky, athletic, defensive SG and Stauskas as a kid who can light it up, both behind Avery our defensive stopper.

Does anyone see a trend here? This team rebuilds the Celtics around high potential young talent. Every starter on this team can shoot from deep and play multiple positions. We rid ourselves of long term, veteran contracts and open up a LOT of cap space. I'm not thinking that all of these guys stay as Celtics, but with this much young talent and space, the Celtics position themselves as MAJOR players in 2015 free agency.

The goal of 2014-15 will be to make the playoffs with a young team led by Rondo, Sully, Hayward and Bradley. My personal goal would be to acquire Marc Gasol in 2015, resign Rondo and compete in 2015-16. Future looks bright!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i don't like sully at the 5. too small.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's playing the 5 right now and is on a streak of double-doubles. 

Its allowing him to develop. I want to see more Sully/Olynyk combo next year, don't you?

I'd much rather this, than to force Asik or Sanders (both a 70% fit) into this system prematurely.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Like this a lot - I substitued Bogans for Green, as I don't think PHO would take Green.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

If he’s selected in the first round by a team far from contention and asked to carry the same load he does for Creighton, McDermott could find himself in a similar situation as Adam Morrison. While injury and approach certainly played a role in his professional struggles, Morrison was also an elite player at a smaller school who entered the NBA with the task of uplifting a brutal Charlotte Bobcats franchise early in his career. Morrison just simply wasn’t equipped to score on NBA defenses like he did on college ones.

McDermott should hope that some overzealous lottery dweller doesn’t select him with hopes similar to what Charlotte had for Morrison, because — watching him live — I saw enough signs to point to a more specialized role for McDermott in the NBA. Coming off the bench to break up more traditional starting frontcourts, similar to how the Spurs use Matt Bonner, seems to be where McDermott would experience the most success. But it will be interesting to see how a few more dominating performances, like the one against UMKC, will affect where the talented McDermott ultimately ends up in next year’s draft.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/ncaa-scouting-report-creightons-doug-mcdermott/

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

sully may be a stopgap by necessity at the 5. but it is not his natural position. that makes olynik a bit of a question mark. can he become a stretch 5? or is he redundant, given sully's play this year?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If he’s selected in the first round by a team far from contention and asked to carry the same load he does for Creighton, McDermott could find himself in a similar situation as Adam Morrison. While injury and approach certainly played a role in his professional struggles, Morrison was also an elite player at a smaller school who entered the NBA with the task of uplifting a brutal Charlotte Bobcats franchise early in his career. Morrison just simply wasn’t equipped to score on NBA defenses like he did on college ones.

McDermott should hope that some overzealous lottery dweller doesn’t select him with hopes similar to what Charlotte had for Morrison, because — watching him live — I saw enough signs to point to a more specialized role for McDermott in the NBA. Coming off the bench to break up more traditional starting frontcourts, similar to how the Spurs use Matt Bonner, seems to be where McDermott would experience the most success. But it will be interesting to see how a few more dominating performances, like the one against UMKC, will affect where the talented McDermott ultimately ends up in next year’s draft.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/ncaa-scouting-report-creightons-doug-mcdermott/

[/QUOTE]

Ok ...

So you agree that it would be a good thing for McDermott to be placed into Stevens system as a high volume scorer off the bench. Right?

Also, doesn't a Olynyk, McDermott p&r sound like gift that keeps on giving?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ok ...

So you agree that it would be a good thing for McDermott to be placed into Stevens system as a high volume scorer off the bench. Right?

Also, doesn't a Olynyk, McDermott p&r sound like gift that keeps on giving?

[/QUOTE]

I'd rather spend that pick on one of these two guys;

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Clint-Capela-6359/

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Thanasis-Antetokounmpo-71005/

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kaktug's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's playing the 5 right now and is on a streak of double-doubles. 

Its allowing him to develop. I want to see more Sully/Olynyk combo next year, don't you?

I'd much rather this, than to force Asik or Sanders (both a 70% fit) into this system prematurely.

[/QUOTE]

In the 70,s Wes Unseld at 6.7 ft. Dominated the nba rebounding charts.If Sully is 6.9,he is not too small.Bill Russell was 6.9 230 pounds.The best rebounder i ever saw.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

In response to debrit's comment:

In the 70,s Wes Unseld at 6.7 ft. Dominated the nba rebounding charts.If Sully is 6.9,he is not too small.Bill Russell was 6.9 230 pounds.The best rebounder i ever saw.

It's not the rebounding, it's the rim protection.

Celts were always very good defensively when they had KG.