One-Year Window

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: One-Year Window

Very good article,  the Celtics chances seem to rest on if Jeff Green is a productive starter.  Considering the way he played after the trade and his year of inactivity due to heart surgery this seems to be the big question in determining the Celtics season.  You have really have to wonder if he can be a real factor that justifies his contract.  We will see. This was DA's big gamble forget Ray.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

What we don't know is how much was Ray dogging it...was it all injuries or more on the personal side...I think it was more personal that we think...especially since he decided to go over to the dark side....But at the same time, glad to have that drama over.. Its clearly Rondo's team and lets hope that he has matured enough to handle the reigns. I believe he will. Its going to be some season!!! That's for sure..No one gave Muhammad Ali any shot at Big Bad George Foremean either,(inlcuding me),
    but we all know how that turned out. Lebrons did take that extra step also, that's what makes it more difficult.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" Very good article,  the Celtics chances seem to rest on if Jeff Green is a productive starter.  Considering the way he played after the trade and his year of inactivity due to heart surgery this seems to be the big question in determining the Celtics season.  You have really have to wonder if he can be a real factor that justifies his contract.  We will see. This was DA's big gamble forget Ray."

I agree totally. 

But with this caveat - I'm not sure that Ainge could have done better aside from Jeff Green. Jeff was a gamble but he was kind of the only gamble at that particular level I think. I don't think Ainge could have brought someone else in, with a more limited budget that would have had whatever upside Green may have. 

That said, I've always been surprised by how many fans Green seems to have in this forum, it's like they huddle over grainy YouTube clips and get excited about what Green can do. But he hasn't really been able to be dominant. 

The season does seem to rest to a large extent on how good he can play. Otherwise, we haven't improved and other teams have.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Good article.

However, I disagree that the Celtics chances rest with Jeff Green.  Green is going to be an integral member of the Celtics but Paul Pierce will be our starting SF and probably our leading scorer.  We're too deep all over to have our chances rest with Green. 

From today for the next several years, the Celtics chances rest and will rest with Rajon Rondo.  It's time for Rondo to take the next step and LEAD this team in ways he's never done before except in the playoffs.  It's time to see the playoff Rondo consistently during the regular season.  If that happens, the Celtics will be title contenders for years to come.

It's time for Rondo to be the dominant PG that he's capable of being.  The one we saw in the playoffs last seaon (44 points against Miami).  The one who completely controls every playoff game in which he plays.  There are no question marks with Rondo.  Jeff Green cannot do what Rondo did in the playoffs.  Not many players in the NBA can.  If Rondo takes his game to the next level and keeps it there, a whole lot of other Celtics players are going to be able to take a break (rest - rest with Rondo)) and watch this kid do it all.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Re: One-Year Window:
    [QUOTE]  From today for the next several years, the Celtics chances rest and will rest with Rajon Rondo.  It's time for Rondo to take the next step and LEAD this team in ways he's never done before except in the playoffs.  It's time to see the playoff Rondo consistently during the regular season.  If that happens, the Celtics will be title contenders for years to come. It's time for Rondo to be the dominant PG that he's capable of being.  The one we saw in the playoffs last seaon (44 points against Miami).  The one who completely controls every playoff game in which he plays.  There are no question marks with Rondo.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Petey, Rondo's stature is a given.  The question really is how to compete with Miami.  In my mind, in order to do that, you have to commit to competing at 2 and 3.  Don't give an inch there without a fight.  That is where the tandems of Paul Pierce and Green along with AB, Lee and Terry come into play.  Along with that, let Rondo, KG and others do their stuff.