Only 11-7 against the West

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CVD2312. Show CVD2312's posts

Only 11-7 against the West

Good thing Celtics play in the weak East!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Only 11-7 against the West

I'd rather be Paul Pierce than Brandon Roy right now.

The Celtics are so lucky they have Kendrick Perkins instead of Greg Oden.

Did the Celtics sweep the Blazers this season?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

who are the blazers? are they a playoff team?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CVD2312. Show CVD2312's posts

I didn't say anything about the Blazers (but yes, they are a playoff team) and I would like to see what Boston's record would be if they had the injuries to such important players like Portland does. Portland's roster at full strength would be challenging for the top spot in the West.

This thread wasn't about Portland though, it was about the Celtics being an average team against West competition, which is far superior to East competition overall. Based on their winning percentage against the West, they would be in about 6-7th place if they played in THE real conference

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerman24. Show lakerman24's posts

In Response to Re: Only 11-7 against the West:
    [QUOTE]I didn't say anything about the Blazers (but yes, they are a playoff team) and I would like to see what Boston's record would be if they had the injuries to such important players like Portland does. Portland's roster at full strength would be challenging for the top spot in the West. This thread wasn't about Portland though, it was about the Celtics being an average team against West competition, which is far superior to East competition overall. Based on their winning percentage against the West, they would be in about 6-7th place if they played in THE real conference
    Posted by CVD2312[/QUOTE]

The west has been the harder conference for over a decade particularly when you look at titles won by each conference since 2000 and the amount of wins required by the 8th seed to make the playoffs. In the east you can bat under .500 and still make the playoffs...crazy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

How are they against the elite teams in the NBA?

They seem to have more trouble against lousy teams than good teams.

How is Portland doing?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CVD2312. Show CVD2312's posts

How is Portland doing? Portland is doing better than any other team would under the same circumstances. What's your point?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

boston is the LAST team you should come on here complaining about injuries to.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Same as yours, under the circumstances.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CVD2312. Show CVD2312's posts

Basically all of Boston's injuries are to BACKUPS, with the exception of Perkins who is back now. Yes the injuries hurt Boston, but they are not nearly and detrimental as the Blazers. Let's try to see how Portland's worst injuries would match up to Boston's roster:

Roy: Pierce

Oden: Perkins (but Oden is a lot better, when he has actually played)

How would Boston do if Pierce and Perkins were out for basically the whole year? They would win a decent amount of games still, I'm sure. But they wouldn't be nearly the team they are now.

Success during any given season hinges a TON on health. Maybe more than any other factor. You guys witnessed that first hand when Garnett got hurt. I would just like to see how good Portland could really be if they had good health for a year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

Come on everyone this dude is infatuated with a team that isn't very good.  there isn't much reason to be mean to him.  

Hey man you are so right!  The Celtics wouldn't be any good if they were in the West and Portland really has had a hard time with injuries.  You must be very sad about that.  I am sorry.

Now stop being such a bitter bear.  My team is a lot better than yours.