Opinion time again. We should draft........................

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Re: Opinion time again. We should draft........................

There's nothing special about this year's field.  If our picks translate into players like Gordon Hayward, I would be more thank ok.  Comparing Embiid to Hakeem Olajuwon is ludicrous.  Embiid is a push-over with no basketball IQ, and he's no threat on offense.  I can't wait to watch him drop further than Nerlens Noel did, while unlike Noel Embiid is healthy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Pants, I'm afraid you might be right.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

If you guys actually watched Embiid play for Kansas this season, you would know that there's no way that he's just like Nerlens Noel.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:
    [QUOTE]

There's nothing special about this year's field.  If our picks translate into players like Gordon Hayward, I would be more thank ok.  Comparing Embiid to Hakeem Olajuwon is ludicrous.  Embiid is a push-over with no basketball IQ, and he's no threat on offense.  I can't wait to watch him drop further than Nerlens Noel did, while unlike Noel Embiid is healthy.

[/QUOTE]

You've never watched him play then. Because he's really polished offensively. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

In response to BiggerThanMyBrady's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I have seen play a few games.  Unlike you, I don't base my opinions on 'Best Of' highlight reels found on the internet.  If I did, I'd still think Eddy Curry was going to be the next Shaq.

Wednesday night Embiid put up one shot against a guy he should've, given his over-hyped skill set, dribbled circles around.  That's one shot attempt, not one made FG, one shot attempt.  His other three FG attempts came via put-backs (of which he converted only one).  Lots of people here consider him a possible top 5 pick.  I'd rather start Colton Iverson next season than watch Embiid get embarassed every night.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I have seen play a few games.  Unlike you, I don't base my opinions on 'Best Of' highlight reels found on the internet.  If I did, I'd still think Eddy Curry was going to be the next Shaq.

Wednesday night Embiid put up one shot against a guy he should've, given his over-hyped skill set, dribbled circles around.  That's one shot attempt, not one made FG, one shot attempt.  His other three FG attempts came via put-backs (of which he converted only one).  Lots of people here consider him a possible top 5 pick.  I'd rather start Colton Iverson next season than watch Embiid get embarassed every night.

[/QUOTE]

You mean the game where Perry Ellis, Selden, and Black scored a combined 63 points on 20-32 shooting (63%) and 8-15 from 3 (53%)? Sometimes you have to ride the hot hand. Wiggins only had 9 points in that game on 2-9 shooting. He had a bad game too. If you wanted to talk about Embiid playing only 19 minutes because he was in foul trouble then fine. Embiid hasn't scored in double figures six times this season and is averaging 10 points and 7 rebounds. He's playing division I basketball and it's only his 4th or 5th year playing the sport. He would dominate Colton Iverson. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

After pontificating earlier about not drafting a "project", I thought I might try to make myself more clear with the following:

We should draft 2 NBA ready players this year who fill our needs:

I would love to hear this:

With the 5th pick in the 2014 NBA draft, the Boston Celtics select.....Rodney Hood  - Duke.

With the 19th pick in the 2014 NBA draft, the Boston Cletics select.......Willie Cauly-Stein - UK

Of course, I'm more than willing to trade the second pick for Hayward.  I'm also now on the Green for Asik and Montejunus bandwagon.  (Bass my first choice)

[/QUOTE]

Major problems with your wish list:

Hood is not a #5 pick quality.  He is more like 10-15.  Cauley Stein will be long gone by #19.

I'll start a new college prospects update post later.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJandHondo. Show KJandHondo's posts

In response to MitchUnderpants's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BiggerThanMyBrady's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So a lot of people here and I don't know every scout covering basketball think Embiid is a top 3 pick.
    Chad Ford's Breakdown:

Projection Top 10 Pick Positives
    • Long, athletic big man
    • Explosive leaper
    • Very coordinated for his size
    • Moves exceptionally well laterally
    • Excellent shot-blocker and rebounder
    • Solid mid range game
    • Can even shoot the three
    • Good handle for a big man
    • Hard worker
    • Aggressive
    Negatives
    • Needs to add strength
    • Lacks game experience

And, did you just seriously compare Colton Iverson, a 2nd round who gives a F*** pick to Embiid.  Did you study Iverson's game extensily last year seeing him play against the likes of the Mountain West Conference. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

http://www.nbadraft.net/2014mock_draft

Hood is 8.........WCS is 19

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1905800-2014-nba-mock-draft-projecting-entire-first-round-entering-2014/page/19

10 and 18

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2014/

9 and 14 - but WCS is 9

http://espn.go.com/nba/lottery2014/mockdraft

7 and 12 - but WCS is 7

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2013-12-30/2014-nba-mock-draft-andrew-wiggins-jabari-parker-julius-randle-marcus-smart

WCS is 7.......Hood is 13

So.........my prediction of 5 and 19 is a "major" problem?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJandHondo. Show KJandHondo's posts

Yeah have to concur with Hedley on this one, I put the most stock in Ford's top 100 and there He has Hood 10 and WCS 17.  Would be a good combo of players also if WCS continues to rise along with Hood taking WCS at the higher pick and someone like Selden as the ATL pick would be a pretty good draft day...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to KJandHondo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah have to concur with Hedley on this one, I put the most stock in Ford's top 100 and there He has Hood 10 and WCS 17.  Would be a good combo of players also if WCS continues to rise along with Hood taking WCS at the higher pick and someone like Selden as the ATL pick would be a pretty good draft day...

[/QUOTE]

Smile

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There just isn't any fight in Embiid.  Who cares about his lateral quickness?  I want a big man who sets up down low and WANTS the ball.  Wednesday night Embiid didn't struggle like Wiggins did.  Wiggins tried to get his game going, he had an off night while Selden was having a career game.  Embiid, on the other hand, stood their with his athletic thumb up his skinny ace.  My point is- to be considered taken with a top 5 pick, you should at least be dominating your collegiate counterpart.  For a top 5 pick I'd expect a starting center.  Embiid's way too scrawny.  He reflects how over-rated this draft is beginning to look.  If Parker winds up taking a 2-year mormon stint, this draft class may wind up being remembered for how bad it is rather than how good it was. 
    Smile

[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hood at 10 is quite a bit different than Hood at 5... and I will bet that Cauley Stein is off the board by 17 as well as Hedley's 19.

and Good luck with your faith in Chad Ford.  LOL

NBA Mock Draft Results: ‘Experts’ Are Bad (But Better Than Us And That Spanish Dude) by  Matt Rudnitsky | 5:38 pm, June 28th, 2013

Here are the results from the 2013 draft, using NBADraft.net’s   scoring system  comparing mocks to actual results. The first number is the total score. The second number is the number of exact predictions that hit. Because mock drafting is hard, you get points for being close. 

The max possible score is 150. Final Results:

1) Jonathan Givony, Draft Express: 66 (3)

2) Chris Mannix, Sports Illustrated: 65 (2)

3) Gary Parrish, CBS Sports: 59 (3)

4) Some Spaniard, Solobasket: 58 (3)

5) Matt Moore, CBS Sports: 55 (0)

6) Matt Rudnitsky, SportsGrid: 53 (1)

7) Chad Ford, ESPN: -150 (0)  DEAD LAST

Because ESPN sucks and put his draft under a paywall.  They are now Bobcats of Mock Draft Competitions.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJandHondo. Show KJandHondo's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hood at 10 is quite a bit different than Hood at 5... and I will bet that Cauley Stein is off the board by 17 as well as Hedley's 19.

NBA Mock Draft Results: ‘Experts’ Are Bad (But Better Than Us And That Spanish Dude) by  Matt Rudnitsky | 5:38 pm, June 28th, 2013

Here are the results from the 2013 draft, using NBADraft.net’s   scoring system  comparing mocks to actual results. The first number is the total score. The second number is the number of exact predictions that hit. Because mock drafting is hard, you get points for being close. 

Because ESPN sucks and put his draft under a paywall.  They are now Bobcats of Mock Draft Competitions.

[/QUOTE]

The 2013 draft was so horrible it was almost impossible to gage how any GM was gonna pick when most of them were agressivly tring to trade out of their picks... No one had Bennett #1 execept the crazy Cavs front office, it seems like the pundits got that one right at least.

So the best accoring to last year ... DraftExpress has WCS 9 and Hood 14,  its not a stretch to see the Celtics get 1 of them like WCS at 8 and with the 20 pick Jerami Grant (19th on Draft express) or as I said previously Selden (23rd on Draft Express).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No one knows who'll be "off" the board, and it's stupid to bet on it.

My original picks, and I thought I was quite clear, were predicated on two things:

1.  These people are THERE when we pick......

2.  NO projects, I want a kid who can score NOW!

Let's go further and say No PG's, as I think we'll keep Rondo.

Also was assuming we get Hayward or keep Bradley.....

So, with Smart, Exum and Harris gone, that means the best available scoring threat MAY BE Hood.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJandHondo. Show KJandHondo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There just isn't any fight in Embiid.  Who cares about his lateral quickness?  I want a big man who sets up down low and WANTS the ball.  Wednesday night Embiid didn't struggle like Wiggins did.  Wiggins tried to get his game going, he had an off night while Selden was having a career game.  Embiid, on the other hand, stood their with his athletic thumb up his skinny ace.  My point is- to be considered taken with a top 5 pick, you should at least be dominating your collegiate counterpart.  For a top 5 pick I'd expect a starting center.  Embiid's way too scrawny.  He reflects how over-rated this draft is beginning to look.  If Parker winds up taking a 2-year mormon stint, this draft class may wind up being remembered for how bad it is rather than how good it was. 
    Smile

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You do realize most Centers don't dominate the NCAA especially freshman? Even as a Junior Roy Hibbert was putting up 13pts. 6.4rbs, 2.2 blks Playing  26.3 minutes per game... his

Freshman numbers were 16 minutes 5 pts, 3.5 rbs, 1.3 blks.

Alex Len as a freshman 21 minutes 6 pts, 6.4 rbs 2.1 blks

Cody Zeller as  freshman 28.5 minutes 15.6 pts, 6.6 rbs, 1.2 blks

Anthony Davis 32 minutes 14.2 pts, 10 rbs, 4.7blks

Boogie Cousins 23.5 minutes 15pts, 9.8 rbs, 1.8 blks

Joel Embiid 21.7 minutes 10.5 pts, 7.2 rbs, 2.4 blks (has played basketball for 3 years)

So would you take a pass on Roy Hibbert becuase he didnt DOMINATE as a freshman?  You would be an awesome GM bro

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

I can dig it as long as hes not Fab, who was not fab

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Smile

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You do realize most Centers don't dominate the NCAA especially freshman? Even as a Junior Roy Hibbert was putting up 13pts. 6.4rbs, 2.2 blks Playing  26.3 minutes per game... his

Freshman numbers were 16 minutes 5 pts, 3.5 rbs, 1.3 blks.

Alex Len as a freshman 21 minutes 6 pts, 6.4 rbs 2.1 blks

Cody Zeller as  freshman 28.5 minutes 15.6 pts, 6.6 rbs, 1.2 blks

Anthony Davis 32 minutes 14.2 pts, 10 rbs, 4.7blks

Boogie Cousins 23.5 minutes 15pts, 9.8 rbs, 1.8 blks

Joel Embiid 21.7 minutes 10.5 pts, 7.2 rbs, 2.4 blks (has played basketball for 3 years)

So would you take a pass on Roy Hibbert becuase he didnt DOMINATE as a freshman?  You would be an awesome GM bro

[/QUOTE]

Are you serious, BRO???  Hibbert got selected 17th!!!!  That's what his crappy college resume got for him, a 17th pick!  Of course I'd take Embiid 17th, I'm arguing that he's not a top 5 pick.  Hibbert got selected right after Marreese Speights got drafted.  This is supposed to be an above average draft in terms of talent, right?  I would be an awesome GM??  Did your parents already reserve poster space in your bedroom for Embiid?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

[/QUOTE]

Are you serious, BRO???  Hibbert got selected 17th!!!!  That's what his crappy college resume got for him, a 17th pick!  Of course I'd take Embiid 17th, I'm arguing that he's not a top 5 pick.  Hibbert got selected right after Marreese Speights got drafted.  This is supposed to be an above average draft in terms of talent, right?  I would be an awesome GM??  Did your parents already reserve poster space in your bedroom for Embiid?

[/QUOTE]

And how many GM's are kicking themselves for not drafting him earlier? By my count I have Miami (Beasley), Minnesota (#3 for OJ Mayo). Knicks (Gallinari), Clippers (Eric Gordon), Bucks (Joe Alexander), Bobcats (DJ Augustin), Nets (Brook Lopez - yeah I'd rather have Hibbert than Lopez), Portland (traded Indiana to get Bayless), Kings (Jason Thompson), Warriors (Anthony Randolph), Suns (Robin Lopez), 76ers (Mareesse Speights). Could count the Bulls too with Rose pending how you feel about him coming back. His point is you shouldn't judge him based off his college numbers because it doesn't tell the whole story. Use your eyes. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

In response to melwittss' comment:

Thanks..we need one here badly...

Embiid is pretty good...he's got size and athleticism and will only get bigger and better...his D in the paint is very, very good and he's a darned good rebounder...unless we get a decent top 3-5 pick we won't have a chance to nab him...

If Celts lost tonight and tomorrow night, Celts will already be in the top 5 of the lottery.

Ainge only needs to get rid of Bass and Humpy and the Celts are on their way to the top 3.

25. This post has been removed.