Our Situation Heading Into The 2010-11 Season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from charlespaul. Show charlespaul's posts

Our Situation Heading Into The 2010-11 Season

Let's sign Harangody and put him to work against the Celtics vets as soon as possible in terms of training. I think Harangody is one of those guys that doesn't possess great physical gifts, but is nevertheless one hell of a ball player.

Let's get Avery Bradley into peak condition following surgery and get him playing and partnering up with our All-Star point guard to prep him for things to come. Nate Robinson is already doing well on point guard learning curve. So that would make three weapons at the guard spot.

Let's sign another big-bodied bruiser who's committed to rebounding the ball on both ends of the floor with a certain degree of ferocity. Rebounding, especially offensive rebounding, was a deficit last season, and we need to beef that up. It can't be all Baby Davis's responsibility.

Let's get somebody other than Daniels (and it could be Harangody) to back Pierce up. The guy needs to be a big three who can shoot the ball and be a threat. Daniels isn't that guy. Daniels is the new Tony Allen.

Our guard situation I like:
    Rondo, Ray, Robinson, Daniels, Bradley (it would be nice to have another marksman behind Ray and Nate)

Our guard/forward situation I don't think suffices:
    Pierce, Baby, Harangody, ?????

Our big situation is not enough with Perk out:
    Garnett, O'Neal, . . . . nothing.

You see the gaps, now we have to fill them somehow. This roster is not complete, but this is really what it looks like at the moment, incomplete:

1 Rondo, Nate, Avery
    2 Ray, .........
    3 Pierce, Daniels, Harangody......
    4 Garnett, Baby, Harangody, .......
    5 O'Neal, ........ 

Can somebody please fill in the spaces? We're looking kind of thin and I don't see where Von Wafer works. We need to fill out the roster in a smart way, after all we're the champs in the East and everybody (including Miami) needs to beat us to be anything, right?

P.S. The Heat signing Eddie House was a masterful move on Pat Riley's part. Danny pay attention.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Re: Our Situation Heading Into The 2010-11 Season

wow you forgot von wafer...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

1 Rondo, Nate, Wafer, Avery
    2 Ray, Wafer, *Rudy, Avery
    3 Pierce, Daniels, *Rudy, Wafer
    4 Garnett, JON, Baby or *Tolliver,  Harangody
    5 J O'Neal, *Shaq, Perk, Baby or *Tolliver

Erden or Sims to NBADL

*S&T deal for Sheed/#1 Pick and possibly BBD to Portland/Cleveland for Shaq, Rudy & Tolliver

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

NBA channel forgot about Von Wafer even though they show other teams adding parts even lesser than he.

Or just use Sheed. Besides Erdan and maybe Kwame I think he's the most likely big to back up JON mentioned on this board. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Neumeier and Ryan on D&C this am played a Shaq interview from Kimmel.  Again Shaq reiterated his interest in the C's.  Ryan said Shaq shouldn't expect more than the min if he does.

Ryan is pretty good, and the C's do make a lot of sense at the min.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

In Response to Re: Our Situation Heading Into The 2010-11 Season:
    [QUOTE]1 Rondo, Nate, Wafer, Avery 2 Ray, Wafer, *Rudy, Avery 3 Pierce, Daniels, *Rudy, Wafer 4 Garnett, JON, Baby or *Tolliver,  Harangody 5 J O'Neal, *Shaq, Perk, Baby or *Tolliver Erden or Sims to NBADL *S&T deal for Sheed/#1 Pick and possibly BBD to Portland/Cleveland for Shaq, Rudy & Tolliver
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

It's just plain stupid to think that replacing Glen Davis with Tolliver will produce the same results on the court. This is not fantasy basketball. In the first place Tolliver has not played a single playoff game. And we don't know how Tolliver is going to blend in with KG and the rest of the Celtic veterans. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Our Situation Heading Into The 2010-11 Season : So after Josh Boone it's now Anthony Tolliver. Good luck with that.  Maybe you're forgetting that Tolliver is a restricted free-agent of the Golden State Warriors. 
    Posted by Fierce34[/QUOTE]

HoopsWorld has him listed as Unrestricted ... he was playing the last 3 months of the year on 10 day contracts with GS after Portland.

This is what he has to say about signing:

Tolliver, 25, did not disclose financial terms he's seeking, but he said he wants more than a one-year contract. He made $427,000 last season."A two-year deal would be awesome and also give me some flexibility," Tolliver said.

Boone works too but Tolliver could be done as a S&T I think with Portland as I believe they have non-bird rts but I'm not sure. Tolliver has more offense to his game than Boone but Boone still works as a last resort.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Our Situation Heading Into The 2010-11 Season : Maybe as soon as tomorrow you'll be proven wrong once again as Shaq is going to sign with the Celtics. That means no Boone and no Tolliver.  http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AoZiwTnyPq9YmSgvur6oudK8vLYF?slug=ys-nbafreeagenttracker2010#nbaC That's the link where it says Tolliver is a property of the Golden State Warriors. 

Remember the goal was to get Shaq with Sheeds contract if he wouldn't come for the VM ... we don't know yet how the C's are paying him. Boone & Tolliver were suggestions PF to your question as to what we would do if we had to trade BBD to get Shaq and Rudy ... you already forget asking what we'd do w/o BBD?

You love to twist conversations - does it make you feel superior trying to discredit other posters or what?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Adding Shaq would be great for the Celts. He will bring much needed rebounding and  defense against the bigger centers (Howard) until Perk returns. I hear that Dannny wants to get another wing player, and Tmac seems to be coming up. Maybe a sign and trade with another team?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Possibly a sign and trade of Daniels for T.Mac. Daniels goes to New York and T. Mac gets a 2.5 million dollar, 1 year deal.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Our Situation Heading Into The 2010-11 Season : I'm not trying to discredit you, I'm just pointing out your mistakes. Tolliver is a property of the Warriors and not the Blazers. That's a fact.  You think you're being discredited because you never admit to being wrong. Nobody will argue with you if you post articles from other sites. The problem starts when you make a trade scenario, when your proposed trade does not happen you make excuses to save face. What's worse is if the Celtics don't do what you wish you say the Celtics made a mistake. Like the Von Wafer signing, you said you don't buy it. You don't buy it because you don't like Wafer or because you didn't predict that Wafer was going to the Celtics?

You really think when I post a trade proposal I take it personal when it isn't fullfilled ... I'm posting a means to an end to fill a position we need, a suggestion as most posters and even yourself have done. You throw in the towell as you have when we signed Wafer. That's it, no Rudy ... I don't know how you can make those pronouncements. How do you know whether Danny intends to pursue another SG/SF? Where do you come off telling this board that you have the final say. I try to prove to you that that may not be so as there are other ways to get something done but instead of getting the message you prefer to use it as a straw man argument that I made a prediction and was wrong. I never did any such thing. I want the same thing everyone here wants, the best players and deepest roster we can get and expect the C's to do whatever it takes to get it done.

And if Tolliver is the property of the Warriors ... provide a link from the Warriors where they made a qualified offer to him. If they didn't then he's a FA and can sign with any team he'd like! Hoopsworld says he's an UFA ... you're relying on Yahoo? Find a better source.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Our Situation Heading Into The 2010-11 Season : I'm not trying to discredit you, I'm just pointing out your mistakes. Tolliver is a property of the Warriors and not the Blazers. That's a fact.  You think you're being discredited because you never admit to being wrong. Nobody will argue with you if you post articles from other sites. The problem starts when you make a trade scenario, when your proposed trade does not happen you make excuses to save face. What's worse is if the Celtics don't do what you wish you say the Celtics made a mistake. Like the Von Wafer signing, you said you don't buy it. You don't buy it because you don't like Wafer or because you didn't predict that Wafer was going to the Celtics?

Wrong as usual .... If you agree to stop posting at BDC for 30 days I'll provide a link that proves you are the biggest fraud of all time and so full of sheet it's getting absurd!

Put your balz on the chop block smart azz! Then everyone can see who your surrogates are so you won't go there and of course you certainly don't want to be proven a jackazz in front of all your fellow posters ... you'd prefer to keep pulling your scam of discrediting me to make yourself look good .... WHAT A LOSER!!!

I said the Celtics made a mistake! Hahaha ... lose the crak pipe son ... you are delusional for sure ... that explains everything!

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Our Situation Heading Into The 2010-11 Season : If Tolliver is an UFA the Blazers can't sign him then trade him to the Celtics. Thus, your A,B, and C proposals were invalid. You're making proposals that are not even possible that's why you think you're being discredited. Whether Tolliver if a free-agent or not you're still wrong, right?

That's right and I said I didn't know but you said GS definitely owned his rights and you are WRONG!!!

PERIOD - END OF STORY!!!!

DON"T CHANGE THE SUBJECT - STOP POSTING OR ADMIT YOU"RE WRONG!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Our Situation Heading Into The 2010-11 Season : Here's proof of what you said about the Wafer signing.  Re: Celtics sign Von Wafer to a one year deal posted at 7/29/2010 11:06 PM EDT Mployee8 Posts: 914 First: 7/8/2008 Last: 8/4/2010 Question for all the capologists here - especially Fierce. PS: I'm not buying into this signing until I see Danny on stage with Wafer holding a C's jersey ... go ahead, call me skeptical!

Have we seen him pass a physical and hold up a t-shirt with Danny yet? I'd actually like to see them keep Wafer unless he doesn't work out and get Rudy ... would there be something wrong with that in your eyes?

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Our Situation Heading Into The 2010-11 Season : If the Celtics can get Fernandez with Sheed and a draft pick then there's nothing wrong with that. The problem is you want BBD to be part of the deal. Remember your A,B, and C proposals?  I never said anything about BBD being traded.  I say that because you accused me of wanting BBD to be replaced by another PF. 

Rudy for Sheed & a draft pick? How will they do that when Sheed is worth $6.3-8m? That's why I said if add'l players or teams were brought into it they may have to add BBD ... not that I wanted to include him certainly if we didn't have to. Add if a multi-player deal were in the offering to get Shaq & Rudy in the same deal to make it a SIMULTANEOUS trade so the C's could get the most value from Sheed as possible that would mean something like A-B-C to get it done. Change the players the figures or dump Tolliver for cash and pursue him yourself with the VM it doesn't matter as long as we get the players we need. All I was trying to show is that there were ways to get it done if the players matched up and all parties got what they wanted. Remember, it was like 3am when I posted that and far too lazy to check out each player's status and salary #'s ... it was a what if but you think I'm a GM and had all the documents drawn up for Danny at 3am and ready to move .... what a self serving jerk you are, truely!

Again with the reading comp! I didn't accuse you of wanting to trade BBD! I said that you wanted to know from me why we would trade BBD and how we would replace his rebounding and scoring. I said I thought Rudy would compensate for the lost scoring and we could get a rebounder (PF/C) to replace him if it came to that. I don't concern myself with whether BBD stays or goes. He will want far too much for Danny to keep him after this year and I think his skills are replaceable. SO if he must be included so be it. But to assuage you I tried to provide for the loss of BBD and as usual you make a big deal out of the status of Tolliver. And even I admitted that I wasn't sure about his rts but you were ABSOLUTELYpositive that it was a fact that GS had his rts!

Fierce Quotes:

"The Wafer signing is also an indication that Fernandez is not going to Boston."

"Tolliver is a property of the Warriors and not the Blazers. That's a fact."