posted at 10/9/2013 3:06 PM EDT
In response to R9R's comment:
So, this team will be bad in the sense that they lack allstar talent to win strings of games, but they won't be like the Suns (of last year) bad where they essentially had no drive or desire to win.
This team will be playing to win every single game
You can put all star talent together and still not win... a la, Lakers.
The reasons(S) the Cetlics will not be competitive even when trying to win are:
1. We don't have a PG. Even when/if Rondo returns, it will take him time to get into playing shape and integrate himself into the oncourt system and chemistry.
2. We don't have a Center. If you can't rebound, you're not gonna win many games.
3. We don't have a capable starting SG. Lots of bodies, all with flaws, but no legit starters.
4. New coach and new system takes time to learn and execute.
5. Too many inexperienced players. Half this team (the rebuild foundation) need time to develop
6. No respect from the Refs. Expect Fav, Oly and Sully in particular to get called for everything
7. Dependence on Green as the go-to guy. He hasn't proven that he can be the star and other teams will DT him becuase there really isn't an alternative.