Overcoming Adversity

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Overcoming Adversity

Every Boston Sports fan thought the New England Patriots would have a cake walk in the AFC playoffs. I mean the Pats only lost 2 games the whole season! Sometimes teams that do not go through adversity fall apart when it matters the most.

Hopefully this year's Celtics will do better in the playoffs and eventually end up winning the championship this year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bopaticuns. Show bopaticuns's posts

Re: Overcoming Adversity

In Response to Overcoming Adversity:
    [QUOTE]Every Boston Sports fan thought the New England Patriots would have a cake walk in the AFC playoffs. I mean the Pats only lost 2 games the whole season! Sometimes teams that do not go through adversity fall apart when it matters the most. Hopefully this year's Celtics will do better in the playoffs and eventually end up winning the championship this year.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I'm keeping the faith P34. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]Every Boston Sports fan thought the New England Patriots would have a cake walk in the AFC playoffs. I mean the Pats only lost 2 games the whole season! Sometimes teams that do not go through adversity fall apart when it matters the most. Hopefully this year's Celtics will do better in the playoffs and eventually end up winning the championship this year.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I got your back, buddy!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Fans still deserve a good effort even if they are keeping the faith, I hope we don't think all gave a good effort last night and I hope we don't think doc playing four against five last night is acceptable any time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Exactly.  Hitting the playoffs in stride with momentum is everything, because even the best teams go through funky periods, like the Heat just went through and now we are going through.   

You can clearly see the C's lack of effort and energy recently and it may be good to get this funk out of the way before playoffs start regardless of what seed we finish.  I think the Bulls are due to hit their funk and I hope it will hit them at the worst time, just before the playoffs.

The C's should come out mad next game and mad = energy.  Hopefully Rondo will get enveloped in it and break out of his personal funk... as we make out run to #1 seed and the Championship!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I like the sentiment here.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I've been thinking along similar lines, mainly just to have some reason to believe we can turn this around because our team is BETTER THAN THIS - both talent-wise and work-ethic-wise. 

Anyway, remember the 2004 Red Sox?  Yes, that team was a little younger and a lot healthier than this year's Celtics.  But they went into a funk with the Yankees at the WORST possible time.  Almost got swept.  Low point was losing 19-8 on *their OWN field.*  And the whole city of Boston had that grave dug for them.  NO one expected them to get out of that series because the Yankees were stacked (at least on the offense...), even during most of that magical Game 4.  Yet, as we all know, they never lost another game that season.

Sometimes adversity is the best thing that can ever happen to a team.  The '04 Red Sox were forced to confront the distinct possibility of going home early, with the added humiliation of being swept by the Yankeees, despite all the high expectations that THIS would be the year they'd break the curse.  They then remembered who they were and stepped up.

Now the Celtics are in a similar position.  Their season is not directly on the line, but they HAVE to gel and step it up.  After such a storybook run followed by a heart-breaking near-miss last year, it just seems only right that they'd be destined to win it all this year.  But it won't just happen, doesn't work that way...

Maybe what they've gone through these past 2 weeks is their equivalent of being down 3... so that they'll do the soul-searching necessary to do their equivalent of winning 8! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Not every Boston sports fan thought that... some of them actually looked at the details..... for example they barely beat SD while SD gave them 6 turnovers, they were a couple of plays away from losing to Baltimore, the Vikings game was a 3 point game with 5 minutes left with Favre having one of his best games of the year right after the whole Moss turmoil, they got Pittsburgh right after they lost Hines Ward and half of their offensive line, give Payton Manning who was missing most of his offensive weapons 5 more minutes and they would have lost to Indy, they faced the Super Bowl winners without their quarterback and as a result barely beat Green Bay.....

so if you ignore those minor details... one would have thought they should have gone straight to the super bowl....  people say a win is a win is a win but a close win with about a half dozen games that realistically could have gone one way or another you might have seen a 9 and 7 team that had no business beating its chest......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Good Post P34!

I was thinking the same thing to myself earlier today.  This adversaty can only help us come playoff time.  You have to have some gut check games throughout the year and once we learn how to play again with the new faces.  I have confidence we will be fine.

Now, will Rondo hold us back due to his poor shooting and inconsistent play?  IDK, but I am hoping he wont and if his poor play continues in May, I am all for giving Delonte more minutes if he can handle it, but I think its a bit premature to write off Rondo or this team yet.  They showed us if anything last year that they will fight to the end.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Overcoming Adversity:
    [QUOTE]Good Post P34! I was thinking the same thing to myself earlier today.  This adversaty can only help us come playoff time.  You have to have some gut check games throughout the year and once we learn how to play again with the new faces.  I have confidence we will be fine. Now, will Rondo hold us back due to his poor shooting and inconsistent play?  IDK, but I am hoping he wont and if his poor play continues in May, I am all for giving Delonte more minutes if he can handle it, but I think its a bit premature to write off Rondo or this team yet.  They showed us if anything last year that they will fight to the end.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

I think that anyone writing off this team is very short sighted.

They just traded 5 guys are missing the starting center, the back up powerforward, the back up point guard, and the point guard has p oo p oo in his diaper and they stopped putting desitin and pacifiers in his locker.

I don't care if they win another game between now and when the playoffs start as long as they are healthy and have integrated Green, Krstic, Arroyo, and Murphy into the mix - not that they will get lots of minutes in the playoffs but they could make key contributions down the road. 

We all remember last year when Doc had to coddle Nate and told him just hang in there you will win a game for us and ..... he did......

Doc needs to go back to Rondo and say ok you don't have to shoot anymore and you don't need to be more aggressive going to the rim - just go back to being a huge liability on the offensive end and then we will see Rondo go back to being well ummmmm a huge liability on offense but stop pouting.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Short memories from last year. Wait till the play-offs. This team will persevere.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Overcoming Adversity : I've been thinking along similar lines, mainly just to have some reason to believe we can turn this around because our team is BETTER THAN THIS - both talent-wise and work-ethic-wise.  Anyway, remember the 2004 Red Sox?  Yes, that team was a little younger and a lot healthier than this year's Celtics.  But they went into a funk with the Yankees at the WORST possible time.  Almost got swept.  Low point was losing 19-8 on *their OWN field.*  And the whole city of Boston had that grave dug for them.  NO one expected them to get out of that series because the Yankees were stacked (at least on the offense...), even during most of that magical Game 4.  Yet, as we all know, they never lost another game that season. Sometimes adversity is the best thing that can ever happen to a team.  The '04 Red Sox were forced to confront the distinct possibility of going home early, with the added humiliation of being swept by the Yankeees, despite all the high expectations that THIS would be the year they'd break the curse.  They then remembered who they were and stepped up. Now the Celtics are in a similar position.  Their season is not directly on the line, but they HAVE to gel and step it up.  After such a storybook run followed by a heart-breaking near-miss last year, it just seems only right that they'd be destined to win it all this year.  But it won't just happen, doesn't work that way... Maybe what they've gone through these past 2 weeks is their equivalent of being down 3... so that they'll do the soul-searching necessary to do their equivalent of winning 8! 
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]

Great post!  I hope that the Celtics have the same outcome as the Red Sox did in 2004.  That was a remarkable season and long-time Red Sox fans will never forget that year. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Overcoming Adversity : Great post!  I hope that the Celtics have the same outcome as the Red Sox did in 2004.  That was a remarkable season and long-time Red Sox fans will never forget that year. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Thank you Susan, and I do too!  May THIS become another one of those years we will never forget!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

When everything is said and done on this  board;
    If the C's are healthy for the playoffs (u listening Shaq and JO)
    I like our chances

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Delonte West: "These type of rough patches," he said, "is what molds coal into diamonds."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]Delonte West: "These type of rough patches," he said, "is what molds coal into diamonds." http://www.csnne.com/03/15/11/West-I-wont-be-100-percent-this-season/landing_celtics.html?blockID=441482&feedID=3945
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I like it!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

we're actually going to be playing regular season games that matter.

hopefully that brings out the best in this team

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]Delonte West: "These type of rough patches," he said, "is what molds coal into diamonds." http://www.csnne.com/03/15/11/West-I-wont-be-100-percent-this-season/landing_celtics.html?blockID=441482&feedID=3945
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Quotes from DWests book of Philosophy lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Im not too crazy about relying upon how the Celtics finished the year last season....  stinking up the last half of the reg season, then making the big playoff run..

We must realize that what happened last season is an abberration... it doesnt happen very often, its rare.  Im most cases teams finishing the season like we did last year dont go very far.

However, the more we lose to these garbage teams, the more we're gonna lean on that crutch from last season...  doesnt comfort me much but its better than throwing in the towel

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Im not too crazy about relying upon how the Celtics finished the year last season....  stinking up the last half of the reg season, then making the big playoff run.. We must realize that what happened last season is an abberration... it doesnt happen very often, its rare.  Im most cases teams finishing the season like we did last year dont go very far. However, the more we lose to these garbage teams, the more we're gonna lean on that crutch from last season...  doesnt comfort me much but its better than throwing in the towel
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

If that's the case then why not start watching the Celts when the playoffs start? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

I think the return of Delonte West and Shaq will help us get back some momentum. If we get Jermaine Oneal back anywhere near where he was before he got injured last year then I think we will be ok homecourt or not.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]I think the return of Delonte West and Shaq will help us get back some momentum. If we get Jermaine Oneal back anywhere near where he was before he got injured last year then I think we will be ok homecourt or not.
    Posted by kccorwin[/QUOTE]

JO is not expected back until the middle of April. We all know the middle of April is the end of the regular season. So most likely it's going to be Murphy instead of JO.