P A C E R S win and Lebron fouls out...:)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Re: P A C E R S win and Lebron fouls out...:)

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Two things: 

"David Stern is must be laughing so hard right now."

What most folks fail to understand is that Stern wants a seven game series whenever possible. Just having the Heat sweep everyone doesn't work for the NBA either. 

Usually Stern doesn't care who wins a series as long as it goes six or seven games. 

However in this case he will care a lot because Pacers/Spurs will be a ratings nightmare almost no matter what. 

So, game six or seven will be very interesting to watch from an officiating standpoint. 

This was a particularly badly officicated game tonight with bad calls going both ways. That said the Pacers earned a win, showed great heart. The Heat cannot handle Hibbert inside. 

For the record, the call on the Lebron was not a screen call, but a trip. And while Stephenson flopped a tad it was clearly a trip. Not sure it should have been called but it does shut down some of the conspiracy theorists around here. 

Correct. Sorry, not a screen but a trip. Intended to be a screen for Wade. Other screens he had set during the game he had done the exact same thing(threw out his leg). Hey KG started getting called alot more for his illegal screens, so maybe now the great uncallable Lebron will get his fair share, and rightfully so....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Did you watch the whole game?  LeBron's screen was more docile than 90+% of the non-call other screens.  Especially with 1:30 left.  Horrible call.  Refs gave this game to the Pacers.  Miami will dominate and take the next three.  

The reason for the call was because it was easy to see.  LeBron did throw his knee out there.  In contrast, look at all of the calls that Battier manufactures on picks.  He gets into the guy he is picking and holds then moves and positions his feet and frequently gets the calls.  Its incredible.  Its also surprising because the refs have to know what Battier is doing yet he frequently comes away from a pick with a call.  IMO its because he gets in close and muddles things up.  LeBron's was wide open with a leg extended to trip. 

But lets not dwell on a correct call.  Lets talk about the missed 24 second violation that eliminated 2 points for the pacers AND on the next possession got a 5th (phantom) foul on Paul George which started the Heat run that got them back into the game.  That was the most egregious ref failure.  Not one of them saw the ball hit the rim?? What were the refs looking at?

awful stuff.  Awful.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

I love what I read from another poster from another article. It went something like. The Heat and their fans will be complaining sour grapes over Lebron fouling out. Clearly a foul because the ref was in position to see it clearly.  But you know what was comes from sour grapes....a lot of whining.....ha... love it

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I will not be unhappy if the Pacers beat the Heat; however, I believe that most basketball fans want to see a Spurs/Heat final & most wiil root for the old guys to win one more championship.

But Danny please get us some Biggies...Amazing that Indy shot 50% to the Heat's 39% and outrebounded 49-30, I mean 19 extra chances. Why was the game so close---Indy turnovers ! But Doc's game plans frequently was to go small but Miami proved by being so close that no body can complete with them going small !!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

I will not be unhappy if the Pacers beat the Heat; however, I believe that most basketball fans want to see a Spurs/Heat final & most wiil root for the old guys to win one more championship.

But Danny please get us some Biggies...Amazing that Indy shot 50% to the Heat's 39% and outrebounded 49-30, I mean 19 extra chances. Why was the game so close---Indy turnovers ! But Doc's game plans frequently was to go small but Miami proved by being so close that no body can complete with them going small !!!

I would be very happy if Miami doesn't make it to the finals.  Then I would enjoy watching the games.  I currently won't watch any games when Miami is playing.  I only watch them when they are playing against the Celtics.   It would be great to see the Spurs win another championship but I wouldn't mind seeing Indiana win it either. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to antiqueman1's comment:

Plus I have learned over the years to not let games of any sport frustrate me. It ain't worth it....

I wish i could do that!!  I only watch the Heat when i think there is a chance they will get beat, when they get a big lead i turn it off!! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

My suggestion is let's boycott the NBA games if it doesn't involve the Celtics.

Let's just keep track of the NBA on the internet through box scores.

MY suggestion is you boycott the NBA and this forum for two years and really show'm you mean business

That one was so good, i think Fierce even liked it!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

Did you watch the whole game?  LeBron's screen was more docile than 90+% of the non-call other screens.  Especially with 1:30 left.  Horrible call.  Refs gave this game to the Pacers.  Miami will dominate and take the next three.  

The reason for the call was because it was easy to see.  LeBron did throw his knee out there.  In contrast, look at all of the calls that Battier manufactures on picks.  He gets into the guy he is picking and holds then moves and positions his feet and frequently gets the calls.  Its incredible.  Its also surprising because the refs have to know what Battier is doing yet he frequently comes away from a pick with a call.  IMO its because he gets in close and muddles things up.  LeBron's was wide open with a leg extended to trip. 

But lets not dwell on a correct call.  Lets talk about the missed 24 second violation that eliminated 2 points for the pacers AND on the next possession got a 5th (phantom) foul on Paul George which started the Heat run that got them back into the game.  That was the most egregious ref failure.  Not one of them saw the ball hit the rim?? What were the refs looking at?

awful stuff.  Awful.

They were making sure no one touched LeBron!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

Maybe you have forgotten Kevin Garnett's docile screen I believe last year in the playoffs that potentially cost us a game. That was not docile by James.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Best of 9 series?

I mean if the Heat take the next 3, the series would be 5-2 in favor of Miami.

+1

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

Agreed. Unless you can obtain players of the same caliber or better why try to beat Miami at it's own game? I can't figure out why Danny Ainge thought that he could get Boston to do that. He had put together an awesome team for the 2010-2011 season, one of the largest the NBA has ever seen, and it dominated the league until he blew it up and traded away half of the team just in time for the playoffs. Miami could not compete with that big Celtics lineup but apparently Danny Ainge wasn't comfortable with that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

Next 3??  I think you only have to win 4 in a series this year. :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to antiqueman1's comment:

Stephenson still got hit be LJ. Hey, what do you know, they called some fouls on him and he fouled out. It happens, almost never. Love it.

Did Stephenson get hit on 3 point launch to end 3rd  or did he flop there too. Give me a break. Wade hit him. And no call. Some get called and some don't.

The Heat are masters at flopping and they got beat at their own game. Go Pacers

Yeah, but you still watched the game. 

Regardless of whether you don't like the Heat or not, you're putting money in the pocket of the NBA by watching an NBA game.

If the Pacers find a way to get through both the refs and the Heat, I recommend that you don't watch the finals.