Pacer stun Lakers!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Pacer stun Lakers!!!!!

And I love how "Phil's genius is being able to handle all those personalities."

Yes, let's see, I'm sure it's tough coaching koME and RonRon, but other than that, who?  LO?

I don't think Doc gets enough credit for "handling" four Hall of Famers and Rondo (who may be the most difficult of all).  They all came together in 2008 and won the whole thing:

koME and Pau didn't win until their second year together, and we all see what a train wreck the Heat are so far.  I would much rather play for Doc!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Phil has "handled" personalities to the title 11 times. Doc has once. That may be part of the reason he gets more credit for it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Pacer stun Lakers!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Phil has "handled" personalities to the title 11 times. Doc has once. That may be part of the reason he gets more credit for it.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY!!!!!

WHO has he had to "handle" on these teams?  MJ?  koME?  Two of the most fierce competitors to ever play?  His "handling" is way over-rated.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

if I had to pick a "best coach," I'd personally go with Larry Brown.  The KU team he led to a championship had serious holes in the lineup and was patched together a the end of the season.

The piston group was "workmanlike" at best.

Honorable mentions go to Don Nelson who wins the "make something out of nothing" award, and to Jerry Sloan for consistency.

The "willing to take crap" award goes to Mike Brown.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Pacer stun Lakers!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]East team beats the Lakers at home.  Lakers down about 8 after three quarters and make comeback.  One foul called on Lakers the 4th quarter I believe.  Roy Hibbert completely outplayed Pau.  Kome kept shooting, and shooting and shooting.  Every time he made one the Laker announcers would act like he was the greatest thing since sliced bread.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Perhaps the best center in the east, one of the best small forwards in the east, one of the best point guards in the east..... stunned?  not.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Pacer stun Lakers!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]East team beats the Lakers at home.  Lakers down about 8 after three quarters and make comeback.  One foul called on Lakers the 4th quarter I believe.  Roy Hibbert completely outplayed Pau.  Kome kept shooting, and shooting and shooting.  Every time he made one the Laker announcers would act like he was the greatest thing since sliced bread.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

I already responded and the re-read this post and another response I have is....

p.s. Pau is not the Lakers' center....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]It sure took awhile for the trolls to get over that loss to Indy. I mean the night the Lakers lost it was like a ghost town here, so to speak. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Did you  ever consider that maybe some of us have lives AWAY from the computer?

I know I do.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]if I had to pick a "best coach," I'd personally go with Larry Brown.  The KU team he led to a championship had serious holes in the lineup and was patched together a the end of the season. The piston group was "workmanlike" at best. Honorable mentions go to Don Nelson who wins the "make something out of nothing" award, and to Jerry Sloan for consistency. The "willing to take crap" award goes to Mike Brown.
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]

Okay, NOW that you've opened the College ranks, then John Wooden HAS to be considered the greatest ever. His dynasty included winning national championships first WITHOUT a big man, as well as with two the greatest centers of all time (Lew Alcindor AKA Kareem Abdul Jabbar, and Big Bill Walton). And he won as well after they graduated.

His philosophy for life had an even greater impact on their lives. Walton, Jabbar and many of his other players, many who NEVER played in the NBA, have all said that.