Pau Gasol and Odom for CP3

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Re: Pau Gasol and Odom for CP3

In Response to Re: Pau Gasol and Odom for CP3:
    [QUOTE]CP3 is not the end game, D12 is.
    Posted by BoylestonBB[/QUOTE]

True ... but does Orlando trade centers with LA or look to rebuild via getting under the cap with KG's expiring contract?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pau Gasol and Odom for CP3 : Until Dwight becomes a Laker the Lakers are not a threat to win a championship this season. Bynum is the only big man left on the Laker roster right now. Their bench also got weak with Odom gone.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

You are right, Pau was always under rated for his defensive prescence.  That said, I think D12 goes there

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pau Gasol and Odom for CP3 : Until Dwight becomes a Laker the Lakers are not a threat to win a championship this season. Bynum is the only big man left on the Laker roster right now. Their bench also got weak with Odom gone.

Didn't you say the Lakers had no chance of landing CP3??

Ugh!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Your act like this isn't going to happen. It's obvious. League owned team makes a horrific trade to gift LA CP3 and you don't think D12 is next?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Is it still too late to kill the CBA deal LOL

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pau Gasol and Odom for CP3 : True ... but does Orlando trade centers with LA or look to rebuild via getting under the cap with KG's expiring contract?
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Somehow Orlando will go for a Howard Bynum straight up deal.  It is actually a fairer deal than the deals for Chamberlain and Jabbar

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

The Decision is to trade DH now .... what did you think I meant?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pau Gasol and Odom for CP3 : Can you show us the post where I said the Lakers had no chance of landing CP3?

Walk away Fierce, do not lower yourself

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jallen1952-formelyJallen3531. Show jallen1952-formelyJallen3531's posts

1) I wasn't aware that Kobe needed a point guard
    2) The Lakers advantage over the past few years has been size
    3) Don't forget that the enabler is coaching the Lakers

I guessing the Thunder are loving this; even if Howard goes to LA.  The matchups are much better.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

[QUOTE]The Decision is to trade DH now .... what did you think I meant?

Cs will be in the Dwight sweepstakes, but like CP3 he has never said he wants to be in Boston.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

[QUOTE]1) I wasn't aware that Kobe needed a point guard 2) The Lakers advantage over the past few years has been size 3) Don't forget that the enabler is coaching the Lakers I guessing the Thunder are loving this; even if Howard goes to LA.  The matchups are much better.
    Posted by jallen1952-formelyJallen3531[/QUOTE]

Thunder need to sought out number 0

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pau Gasol and Odom for CP3 : I can't remember saying there's no chance CP3 ends up with the Lakers. I mean I just made a thread about how it only helps the Lakers' TV ratings if they get CP3. 

I know, just dont go into the web of Null. 

The CP3 deal is not a game changer, the D12 deal will be if it occurs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pau Gasol and Odom for CP3 : Are you implying that DH is not in play? Maybe the Lakers made a better offer for Paul but if the Lakers still have Bynum then DH could still be in play. Had the Lakers given up Odom & Bynum (as had been reported) for Paul then they were out of the DH sweeps ... Orlando may deal for Bynum, Dallas players or an expiring contract (KG). WOW ... Blakely says C's had physical scheduled for Paul and NO made another round of calls with Lakers stepping up.

Just what I thought. If that's true, then it makes me sick to my stomach.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

How does this help the Lakers unless somehow Howard is in the wings?

They lose big time and they are expecting Bynum to stay healthy and Ron Artest? Something more has got to come or an incredibly stupid trade. Kobe ain't getting any younger either.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerstroll. Show Lakerstroll's posts

Re: Andrew Bynum and Odom for CP3

In Response to Re: Andrew Bynum and Odom for CP3:
    [QUOTE]I assume that Gasol goes to Orlando if a trade is made....?  ....if that happens the Lakers lose the one edge they had that no team could match...."three 7 footers "as the Lakers liked to call them....I would like to see it happen.....Kobe is in his last years....Paul and Howard form a nice duo....but the Heat have LeBron, Wade, Bosh...and just added a classy vet in Battier.....as I said before the lockout was cancelled....the Heat are (and have been) the favorite to win it all after coming up short in their first year together.....not sure what Boston will do....but the Lakers would not become the Western favorites....in my opinion....
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]
    You're speaking from your heart, Duke, not your head. If the Lakers acquire both Paul and Howard there will be no one to stop them in the West, especially now that it looks like Chandler and possibly Barea aint returning to Dallas. If all this unfolds then you're looking at a Heat-Lakers Finals.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Andrew Bynum and Odom for CP3 : You're speaking from your heart, Duke, not your head. If the Lakers acquire both Paul and Howard there will be no one to stop them in the West, especially now that it looks like Chandler and possibly Barea aint returning to Dallas. If all this unfolds then you're looking at a Heat-Lakers Finals.
    Posted by Lakerstroll[/QUOTE]

The only way the Lakers do not win the west if D12 comes is if the rest of the western conference combine into one team, and even then....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]I assume that Gasol goes to Orlando if a trade is made....?  ....if that happens the Lakers lose the one edge they had that no team could match...."three 7 footers "as the Lakers liked to call them....I would like to see it happen.....Kobe is in his last years....Paul and Howard form a nice duo....but the Heat have LeBron, Wade, Bosh...and just added a classy vet in Battier.....as I said before the lockout was cancelled....the Heat are (and have been) the favorite to win it all after coming up short in their first year together.....not sure what Boston will do....but the Lakers would not become the Western favorites....in my opinion....
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Pretty much the best PG, the best SG and the Best Center by far in the league they aren't going to the the West favorites. I can't even take this post seriously.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pau Gasol and Odom for CP3 : Can you show us the post where I said the Lakers had no chance of landing CP3?

Looking like CP3 to the Lakers is null. Ha Ha
    - Fiercest34

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pau Gasol and Odom for CP3 : I would believe what you're implying if the Lakers will be able to swap DH for Bynum. Right now the Magic will not trade DH unless you also take Arenas. The Lakers don't have the assets to accept DH and Arenas after they traded Pau and Odom.  Where will the Lakers get DH(19.3m) + Arenas(18m) = 37.3m? Remember, salaries have to match. 

Why do you think Arenas has to be part of the deal? DH for Bynum works just as well as KG. Like I said, things have changed and the Orlando CEO resignation confirms that DH was opting out after this season. If they insist on moving Arenas they get nothing ... that's why Danny was all in ... too bad, he made a valient effort.

The tomfoolery in NO is that they wanted Odom & Bynum but "someone" convinced them to take Gasol rather than Bynum .... Any guesses?

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2011/12/06/orlando-magic-ceo-resigns-days-after-allegedly-drunk-dialing-dwight-howard/

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The chaos of this trading frenzy the last three days was bound to end badly.  If Ainge has a B plan we will find out very soon. Rondo was probably catatonic the last few days and now he will be angry when camp starts.

Doc will have to sort through quite a mess.  We came with nobody but Marquis. That is amazing considering the type of general manager we have.  Something weird happened.  Especially if Orlando in the next few weeks accepts Bynum for Howard.  It's coming Danny needs to come up with Plan B.