Pau Gasol and Odom for CP3

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Re: Pau Gasol and Odom for CP3

In Response to Re: Pau Gasol and Odom for CP3:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pau Gasol and Odom for CP3 : Take your meds. You're starting to sound like looney tunes. Who would want to trade Arenas' contract for an expiring contract?  Have you totally lost your mind?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't but you might ...

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

MPloyee, amnestying a player does not relieve a team of its financial obligations to him. It only allows the club to not count that player's salary against the cap. The only way the Magic can relieve themselves of the $60 million+ owed to Arenas is to trade him. The Lakers just made a major statement trade. The Celtics absolutely cannot let them trade for Daughter Howard too. That would guarantee the Lakers a plethora of titles. Ainge needs to step up and offer Orlando everything it could want. Not only should the Celtics offer to absorb the Arenas albatross, they should take Turkoglu too. A way to make that happen is to exercise Glen Davis' Bird Rights (which allow a team to pay one of its own players regardless of the overall cap situation) and pay him a one year salary that matches up with Turkoglu's annual cap number. That would be a major overpay for Davis, so of course he would accept it. More importantly for Boston and Orlando, it would allow the Magic to clear Arenas and Turkoglu (something no other team has offered to this point), with no commitments beyond the current season to any Orlando-bound players. The Celtics would trade Garnett, Allen, O'Neal and intentionally overpaid (for trade purposes) Davis to the Magic for Howard, Arenas, and Turkoglu. On top of that, the Celtics could add draft picks and not require an extension from Howard. (If he wants to sign for less money and fewer years with the Nets after this season, then so be it. At least the Celtics will have prevented him from going to the Lakers, who cannot sign him as a free agent because of their cap constraints). For this year, the Celtics would have Howard, Pierce, Rondo, and Green, plus Arenas, Turkoglu, Daniels, Dooling, maybe West (Delonte), Evans, and a couple of veterans willing to play for the minimum. The Celtics could also maybe work out one of those wink-wink deals where a guy gets traded, released by his new team, and then re-signed a month later for the minimum. Ideally, the Celtics could do that with Garnett.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]hornets got robbed in that deal, wow...
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

Not compared to Houston...

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

Re: Andrew Bynum and Odom for CP3

In Response to Re: Andrew Bynum and Odom for CP3:
    [QUOTE]Remember NBA runs the Hornets at the moment so they are trading for the Hornets.  So every trade involving the Hornets is coming from league office - think about it
    Posted by BoylestonBB[/QUOTE]

A DAMN FARCE......BEAT L A ...BEAT LA ...BEAT LA .....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pau Gasol and Odom for CP3 : That's right, no team would want to take on Arenas' contract. So once again you failed! Sure DH for Andrew Bynum trade works. But will the Magic do it? And here's your slide to #25. I'm in the Harper camp but since he's been selected I'll go with Trey Thompkins for the slide ................... to 25! Re: Your Draft Prediction - 1 name posted at 6/23/2011 7:21 PM EDT Mployee8 Posts: 2222 First: 7/8/2008 Last: 12/8/2011 I'm in the Harper camp but since he's been selected I'll go with Trey Thompkins for the slide ................... to 25!

That wasn't my 5 Picks for the C's post ... that was some last second make a selection and my favs were already picked by others as I recall ... keep spinning ... what's your aim? Trying to prove you're some smart guy compared to me? HAHAHA ... you're so insecure when another guy offers up valid points for discussion ... It's hilarious how you defend yourself by trying to spin the other guys remarks with old posts taken out of context. Like I said last night ... instead of turning these new threads into a ghetto, go respond in those old ones and respect your fellow posters/readers by staying out of the gutter.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pau Gasol and Odom for CP3 : I mean seriously, all you do is make excuses. Why can't you admit that you were wrong? There's nothing wrong with being wrong. Can't blame you for acting like this. From the moment you reneged on our bet it was clear as day that you're the biggest fraud on this board. Ugh!

Here we go ... back to that ... Time for you to move on and debate the here and now and stop trying to spin comments to make yourself look smart or dumb, whatever your objective is ....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Celtics are getting their butts kicked - what the heck is going on in?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

Wow, how messed up is the NBA. The way players are moving around from team to team makes it seem like a video game.  The new CBA has made the situation worse than before. Only in the NBA can the players dictate where they are playing. Gotta love hockey and football where I think their systems are better. How can a fan for most NBA teams even have any interest in the players or team. Why don't they call the league the FBL (fantasy basketball league). I ask, how does the new CBA even come close to giving parity to the league.
    Even though this is a trade, the players still hold all the cards by saying I will not play for a certain team if traded there. Now back to watching a real sport hockey where there is non stop action and very few punk primadonas.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

If not the Khardashians, then maybe the owners will kill the deal...
    Adrian Wojnarowski
    NBA owners have pushed commissioner David Stern to kill the deal sending Chris Paul to the Los Angeles Lakers, sources tell Y! Sports.

Owners were irate in Board of Governors meeting with Stern, livid that the league-owned Hornets were allowed to make Paul deal, sources say.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]If not the Khardashians, then maybe the owners will kill the deal... @WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski NBA owners have pushed commissioner David Stern to kill the deal sending Chris Paul to the Los Angeles Lakers, sources tell Y! Sports. Owners were irate in Board of Governors meeting with Stern, livid that the league-owned Hornets were allowed to make Paul deal, sources say. 2 minutes ago via web
    Posted by wfdog[/QUOTE]

Very interesting post.  Not surprised that the owners would be upset about this trade. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

CP3 to Lakers DOA?

http://www.celticsblog.com/

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pau Gasol and Odom for CP3 : I mean seriously, all you do is make excuses. Why can't you admit that you were wrong? There's nothing wrong with being wrong. Can't blame you for acting like this. From the moment you reneged on our bet it was clear as day that you're the biggest fraud on this board. Ugh!

http://people.emich.edu/pclark/freud/projection.html

Seriously dude ... Deal with it!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pau Gasol and Odom for CP3 : http://people.emich.edu/pclark/freud/projection.html Seriously dude ... Deal with it!
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Seriously dude... when was the last time you admitted to being wrong about something?

Ever since I joined this board not a single one of your predictions came true.

It's funny that you bring up the subject of projection. You're projecting yourself as someone who's a "knowledgeable" NBA fan. But you always end up being wrong all the time! 

Ugh!