Pau Gasol Could Be Available

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Pau Gasol Could Be Available

Here is a Laker fan,  which coincides with Magic last nite as well as Simmons.

What happened to kobe being a COLD BLOODED KILLER, AN ASSASSIN, THE BLACK MAMBA, to me he is more like a TAPE WORM just sucking the life (SHOTS) out of this laker offense and the bigs are suffering. Pau dominated in Olympics because the fed him in his sweet sports. Would anyone race a donkey in the Kentucky derby? So why ask Pau to play like a stretch 4 when that is not what he does? The mark of a good coach is to tailor the system to talent not the other way around.

This is why we could use Gasol.  He stock is dropping and will continue in Mike D's system. I am not a numbers guy on salaries and such but I think we would have to give up Green and probably Bass to make the numbers work.  Not sure thats enough.  I would do that though.  We would then have to find someone to backup PP.  Don't think Joseph is ready.   This could be a good trade for both teams though.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

OneOnOne

To make salaries match it would have to be Green, Lee, and Bass.

Also, the Celtics can still use the BAE of 1.9m per year to sign another backup SF.

And definitely Pau Gasol would be a better option than Amare.

[/QUOTE]

I thought that,  just wasn't sure.  I would still do it as long as Avery is healthy.  Gasol would give us the big that takes Collins and his 1 rebound, 1 pt, and 5 fouls out of every game.  I can live with Collins and that type of stat if he coming off the bench and doing it.  

Never thought I would say it but Gasol would help our defense out.  Just having that big that could get rebounds, and someone that can score down low.

Good trade for both teams.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought that,  just wasn't sure.  I would still do it as long as Avery is healthy.  Gasol would give us the big that takes Collins and his 1 rebound, 1 pt, and 5 fouls out of every game.  I can live with Collins and that type of stat if he coming off the bench and doing it.  

Never thought I would say it but Gasol would help our defense out.  Just having that big that could get rebounds, and someone that can score down low.

Good trade for both teams.

[/QUOTE]

Agree that it would help both teams.

Jeff Green can be what Marion was to D'Antoni when he was coach of the Suns a few years ago.

Courtney Lee would give the Lakers speed and defense.

Brandon Bass would be the one with the least value to the Lakers.

Pau Gasol also gives the Celtics some shot-blocking.

[/QUOTE]

Yes he does.  He would also open up Jason Terry for more good looks at the 3pt line.  I think some of the guys around here would see have valuable Terry could be for us then.  Gasol brings a lot of things that we need.   I have never been a big Gasol booster but its pretty plain to me what he could do for our team.  Of course some just have blinders on.  This trade helps both teams and is not one sided like 90 percent of the suggestions around here are.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I am not a huge Gasol fan but I would do Lee, Green and Bass.  None of them are more than average NBA players.

It would give the Lakers some depth, which they need in the worst way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

How long is Gasol's contract?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to basketbert's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How long is Gasol's contract?

[/QUOTE]

19 million this year, 19 million next year.  then done.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

the Lakers could do better than Lee, Bass and Green for GAsol. They would never do it...of course the C's would.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

the Lakers could do better than Lee, Bass and Green for GAsol. They would never do it...of course the C's would.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think they would do it either.

Remember that is a lot of cash coming off the books for the Lakers next season if they keep Gasol.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

It is a move that would make sense but can it happen. If you had told me last year, Gasol on this team without giving up Rondo I would have not believed it.  The Lakers need a bench but I just wonder if these players would make them any better.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinnacle10. Show pinnacle10's posts

[/QUOTE]

19 million this year, 19 million next year.  then done.

[/QUOTE]

That's insane. He isn't that good.

[/QUOTE]

He was that good in 2010.  And the combined output of Green, Lee, and Bass is clearly not worth the 19 million or so they're getting either.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I have been promoting this trade all year.........Lee (better than Meeks) Green (15 PPG in D'Antoni' s sytem, maybe more) and Bass (10 PPG as a strecth 4) for Gasol.

The lakers CANNOT do it, however, IMO...............because of DH.  They have to trade Gasol, but they need to wait and see what he does.  If he bolts...........they are screwed, no center.  If he stays, then they can trade Gasol for different pieces.

That is the dilemma, from LAL's perspective..............I think they will wait until the end of the year.

BTW - read Broussard yesterday and he said DAL and ATL are the two "other" places DH could sign, if he bolts LA.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Not worth it. We need more than a Gasol.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Many here don't want Amare.

Gasol at C and KG at PF automatically makes the Celtics a very good team.

Why?

Celtics will have inside scoring, rebounding, and some shot-blocking.

Some say Pau Gasol is soft. But is he softer than Bass?

Pau Gasol would be a huge upgrade over Bass and Collins.

Imagine a frontcourt of KG, Gasol, and Sully, off the bench, in the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you about an upgrade over Bass & Collins. Gasol is "soft" like a plastic/putty explosive when in reality he has  "soft" touch silky effective shots anywhere from 5-15 ft from the basket. He is similiar to KG in this aspect and although not as good, reminds me of Kevin McHale. Watching the game last night Lakers/Clippers I can't believe he was shooting 3s like Sheed used to do when his biggest benefit is in the low post. Happy Clippers won as although an LA team, I don't hate them as much as Lakers.  Odom is playing well. Does anyone think we should have gotten him ???  In the Olympics Pau scored 24 pts and exploited USAs lack of interior size( of course brother Mark helped too). I really hated Pau when in game 7 two years ago he made a "Dancing with the Stars" 2-3 step dunk walk not called & it was a nail in the coffin in our loss to LA.

In short, I think he, a bit taller than KG, could play center & KG is really a terrific PF and deadly from 5-15 ft out and the two of them could be a dynamic, albeit old & perhaps only for 1-2 yrs, duo. We then have Sully, Melo & Wilcox for backups.

Give LA their choice of 2 of 4 Bass, Lee, Green and Terry and maybe even a draft choice. Toss in Center Collins too(HA!). All are mediocre forwards, I think. And Gasol in a new environment, might play youthful &  invigorated like he did in the Olympics !!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    I agree that it is unlikely that the Lakers would agree to this trade.  I also don't see the Lakers and Celtics becoming trading partners.  Gasol would be a great addition to the current Celtics team without having to trade Rondo. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have been promoting this trade all year.........Lee (better than Meeks) Green (15 PPG in D'Antoni' s sytem, maybe more) and Bass (10 PPG as a strecth 4) for Gasol.

The lakers CANNOT do it, however, IMO...............because of DH.  They have to trade Gasol, but they need to wait and see what he does.  If he bolts...........they are screwed, no center.  If he stays, then they can trade Gasol for different pieces.

That is the dilemma, from LAL's perspective..............I think they will wait until the end of the year.

BTW - read Broussard yesterday and he said DAL and ATL are the two "other" places DH could sign, if he bolts LA.

[/QUOTE]

These facts end the conversation on a Gasol trade.  LA could not trade him if they wanted to.  I still believe it is possible that DH will be traded for Lopez if the Nets are still interested.  If the Lakers know he is going somewhere next year they have to trade him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Going after Gasol = Danny's last option and an admission of defeat in building a championship team.   

PASS

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

It's either Pau Gasol or Amare. Beggars can't be choosers.

If the Celtics don't trade Green, Lee, and Bass, then the Celtics will just be fighting for the 8th seed all season.

Amare and Pau have weaknesses, that's why they're available!

[/QUOTE]

is amare available? i never seen it?

and i'd take gasol over amare.

25. This post has been removed.