Pau Gasol for Kevin Love?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Pau Gasol for Kevin Love?

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=20154

Who knows if this is truly being considered, but it is an interesting idea. I wouldn't necessarily dismiss it if I were the Lakers brass. It might be a way to replenish the back court, replace a all-star for an emerging all-star and get younger in the process.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: Pau Gasol for Kevin Love?

In Response to Pau Gasol for Kevin Love?:
    [QUOTE]http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=20154 Who knows if this is truly being considered, but it is an interesting idea. I wouldn't necessarily dismiss it if I were the Lakers brass. It might be a way to replenish the back court, replace a all-star for an emerging all-star and get younger in the process.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

Precisely why it won't happen...... an old star for a young star......  Beasley, Love, Rubio, Derrick Williams..... sounds like OKC.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

In Response to Re: Pau Gasol for Kevin Love?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Pau Gasol for Kevin Love? : Precisely why it won't happen...... an old star for a young star......  Beasley, Love, Rubio, Derrick Williams..... sounds like OKC.....
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]
    Supposedly it is the Wolves pushing for it, not the Lakers. 

That is what makes it interesting.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lbrad389. Show lbrad389's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=20154 Who knows if this is truly being considered, but it is an interesting idea. I wouldn't necessarily dismiss it if I were the Lakers brass. It might be a way to replenish the back court, replace a all-star for an emerging all-star and get younger in the process.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lbrad389. Show lbrad389's posts

Who cares this is a Celtics forum. If you want to talk Lakers do it on your own forum. Thats the problem here, we allow these Laker fans here and during basketball season they talk Mucho Smack.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Pau Gasol for Kevin Love? : Who cares this is a Celtics forum. If you want to talk Lakers do it on your own forum. Thats the problem here, we allow these Laker fans here and during basketball season they talk Mucho Smack.
    Posted by lbrad389[/QUOTE]
    So says the guy who hasn't posted here in four months.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

MN is giving up too much.  He just makes too much money.  And there is NO WAY they should get the #2 pick.  Gasol was a #3 pick 8 years ago!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]MN is giving up too much.  He just makes too much money.  And there is NO WAY they should get the #2 pick.  Gasol was a #3 pick 8 years ago!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]
    I agree with you. But as a Laker fan, I say that's a good thing - if the Lakers decided to trade him, the more they get the better.

But, as is usually the case in the summer, chances are there's nothing to this story.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pau Gasol for Kevin Love? : I agree with you. But as a Laker fan, I say that's a good thing - if the Lakers decided to trade him, the more they get the better. But, as is usually the case in the summer, chances are there's nothing to this story.

Also, given the time constraints, it is unlikely MN will want to take on that big a salary.  With the uncertainty of the new CBA, and the old one expiring July1, why would they take on 16 mill WITH a 2.2 trade kicker?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

The crazy part is that this would actually be a huge defensive DOWNGRADE

Minnesota needs people who have been around the block before - Gasol can help them learn what it takes to make it in the league.

Love would make the Lakers younger, but they don't have the point guard to run a fast break, which is where Love's outlet passes would work best.  Plus even if they had a young point, Kobe doesn't need to be running - he needs a half-court offense to save his legs as he ages.  And Artest can't run.  And Fisher can't run.

But interesting indeed

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pau Gasol for Kevin Love? : So says the guy who hasn't posted here in four months.

A seasoned veteran with a whopping 31 posts should get more respect.Wink

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pau Gasol for Kevin Love? : Supposedly it is the Wolves pushing for it, not the Lakers.  That is what makes it interesting.

I hear that they don't want to have to take anybody with the #2 pick

Says a lot about Derrick Williams, who sounds like a tweener SF/PF, which they already have in Michael Beasley

Maybe the Lakers could parlay the #2 pick and whatever they get in return for something even better...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]no duh lakers brass would consider it.. y would minny brass consider it? he's the face of the franchise, only reason to ever watch minny play. u now have ricky ruuuuuubioooooo to play along with him  as a great compliment, y on earth would you want the lumbering half-court ball hawking pau who is overrated and way overpaid. makes no sense for minny. u will need to find an equally bloated partner to make it work. perhaps the knicks have an expiring contract and can put him at center...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Pau Gasol for Kevin Love? : no duh lakers brass would consider it.. y would minny brass consider it? he's the face of the franchise, only reason to ever watch minny play. u now have ricky ruuuuuubioooooo to play along with him  as a great compliment, y on earth would you want the lumbering half-court ball hawking pau who is overrated and way overpaid. makes no sense for minny. u will need to find an equally bloated partner to make it work. perhaps the knicks have an expiring contract and can put him at center...
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]
    It would be a risk because it would be trading a bonafide all-star for a young player that has had one great year. But if the Lakers could grab the #2 pick along with Love (and whomever else to make the salaries work) they might have to pull the trigger. And like I said, the rumor is that it is the Wolves pushing for the deal, not the Lakers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pau Gasol for Kevin Love? : It would be a risk because it would be trading a bonafide all-star for a young player that has had one great year. But if the Lakers could grab the #2 pick along with Love (and whomever else to make the salaries work) they might have to pull the trigger. And like I said, the rumor is that it is the Wolves pushing for the deal, not the Lakers.

True, but they are also talking to CLE for Hickson and Sessions - which kind of makes more sense than taking on that HUGE contract!

It's all just talk - but I don't think we'll have a season anyway!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lbrad389. Show lbrad389's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pau Gasol for Kevin Love? : A seasoned veteran with a whopping 31 posts should get more respect.
    Posted by icnd[/QUOTE]

And a post master with 231 should be running the nations post office.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]After giving the Lakers 2 titles the Laker fans are ready to dump Pau. Just like dumping Shaq after giving LA 3 titles. Ugh!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    I'm not saying I am in favor of getting rid of Pau, but if someone is offering a deal that is too good to pass up the Lakers will have to consider it. Don't think the Celtics front office would act any differently.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pau Gasol for Kevin Love? : The Celts already acted differently, in February of 2010 the Celts had a chance to get younger by trading Ray Allen. Ainge didn't have the courage to do it.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    It's not as simple as merely getting younger, but better. And some of the rumors floating out there could posssibly make the team both younger and better. But that is all they are - rumors.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pau Gasol for Kevin Love? : It's not as simple as merely getting younger, but better. And some of the rumors floating out there could posssibly make the team both younger and better. But that is all they are - rumors.

You are right, they are just rumors. What's worse is the Lakers were not the source of that Gasol for Love rumors, it was brought up by Chad Ford on a chat room.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pau Gasol for Kevin Love? : It would be a risk because it would be trading a bonafide all-star for a young player that has had one great year. Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

Have seen to few games from Minnie, but did Love really had a great year or just great stats? His stats were more than impressive but the team was one of the worst in the league. In the single game I have seen from Love, Dirk would have looked like a Lock Down defender in comparison. One game doesn't mean much but I have read similiar comments about Love many times.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kybested. Show kybested's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pau Gasol for Kevin Love? : Have seen to few games from Minnie, but did Love really had a great year or just great stats? His stats were more than impressive but the team was one of the worst in the league. In the single game I have seen from Love, Dirk would have looked like a Lock Down defender in comparison. One game doesn't mean much but I have read similiar comments about Love many times.
    Posted by Gasthoerer[/QUOTE]

Kevin Love is more Jayson Williams than Dirk or KG.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Other than Pau's fade in this years playoffs, hes been the best player on the Lakers since he was acquired and the main reason they have won 2 titles imo.

Love had a great year.... team didnt do well but its unfair one player has to shoulder that burden alone. The guy can rebound and score in traffic.  Hes also young...but so far, hes got one season under his belt as a star...  Pau is a proven star and has led his team to 2 titles... hard to give that up unless...

The question for Mn is has Pau started to lose his game or just had a slump or head problems with all the rumors circulating...?  I cant see him losing his game so quickly, especially since his game is one of skills/height as opposed to athleticism..

Considering Phil left the Lakers, that alone should be a sign that the team is going downhill fast.... doubtful Phil leaves if he thought their title chances were still high..  with that said, Id make the trade if I was the Lakers... start rebuilding around young talent