Paul Pierce bitter about Ray's exit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Paul Pierce bitter about Ray's exit

Good read.  He's not angry with Ray!  Just a little bitter.  But he's excited about the outlook for next season.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/8230484/boston-celtics-paul-pierce-little-bitter-ray-allen-exit

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Paul Pierce bitter about Ray's exit

I would like to see CPP address (1) whether or not he was surprised by Ray's exit and (2) exactly who (all) he is bitter toward and about.

CPP can read the handwriting on the wall though.

He could very well be leaving next in less than happy circumstances.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Paul Pierce bitter about Ray's exit:
    [QUOTE]I would like to see CPP address (1) whether or not he was surprised by Ray's exit and (2) exactly who (all) he is bitter toward and about. CPP can read the handwriting on the wall though. He could very well be leaving next in less than happy circumstances.   Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

As could we all.

Great insight.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Pud, 4th paragraph in:

Asked if he has talked to Allen since he spurned Boston's two-year, $12 million offer to sign with Miami for half the value, Pierce said, "A couple texts. I'm a little bitter that he went to Miami, but he's still a brother of mine."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Pud, 4th paragraph in: Asked if he has talked to Allen since he spurned Boston's two-year, $12 million offer to sign with Miami for half the value, Pierce said, " A couple texts. I'm a little bitter that he went to Miami, but he's still a brother of mine. "
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Maybe the destination surprised teammates but the leaving should not have been a surprise after watching R9R and Ray on the court together clearly out of synch.

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Ray is back stabber!!!
    That's all I know......used to be one of my celtics fav

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Ray is back stabber!!! That's all I know......used to be one of my celtics fav
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

You are the back stabber if you don't like Ray because he made his decision.  He did what he felt was right for him and that doesn't change who he was when he as here (a teammate who didn't complain and did what was asked of him, including hitting many BIG shots for us).   Time to move on.  We'll just beat on him a little when we beat the Heat this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Wat u expect? Of course hes bitter, one of his good friends and teammates for years, leaves for LESS money to sign with your BIGGEST RIVAL. If thats not a slap in the face, I dont know what is.

We lose Ray and still manage to UPGRADE the sg position. Forget Ray if he didnt go to miami I wouldnt have even cared.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

[QUOTE]Wat u expect? Of course hes bitter, one of his good friends and teammates for years, leaves for LESS money to sign with your BIGGEST RIVAL. If thats not a slap in the face, I dont know what is. We lose Ray and still manage to UPGRADE the sg position. Forget Ray if he didnt go to miami I wouldnt have even cared.
    Posted by gman101019[/QUOTE]

Just tell Paul to lose some weight, get more muscular and have a great injury free season and playoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I CALL IT A WIN WIN FOR EVERYONE INVOLVED !

RAY GOES WHERE HE WILL BE HAPPY AND THE CELTICS GET YOUNGER WITH TERRY AND C LEE

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE A MORE FREEWHEELING AND AGGRESSIVE STYLE OF OFFENSE FROM THE CELTICS THUS SAESON.

THEY COULD BE THE HIGHEST SCORING TEAM IN THE NBA

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

[QUOTE]I CALL IT A WIN WIN FOR EVERYONE INVOLVED ! RAY GOES WHERE HE WILL BE HAPPY AND THE CELTICS GET YOUNGER WITH TERRY AND C LEE CAN'T WAIT TO SEE A MORE FREEWHEELING AND AGGRESSIVE STYLE OF OFFENSE FROM THE CELTICS THUS SAESON. THEY COULD BE THE HIGHEST SCORING TEAM IN THE NBA
    Posted by PHX85014[/QUOTE]

first....someone has to rebound and get the ball -  then u can shoot!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"  CALL IT A WIN WIN FOR EVERYONE INVOLVED !"

Bbbbut "runrunrun" says we won't win 40 games now, and pud says that Rondo ran Ray out of town and Paul Pierce is next. Are you saying that the franchise isn't falling apart and that Ainge has made savvvy moves under the circumstances? That is entirely too reasonable for this forum. Please find someone to hate on lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Paul Pierce bitter about Ray's exit : As could we all. Great insight.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]
    Smile

Pithy!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

[QUOTE]"  CALL IT A WIN WIN FOR EVERYONE INVOLVED !" Bbbbut "runrunrun" says we won't win 40 games now, and pud says that Rondo ran Ray out of town and Paul Pierce is next. Are you saying that the franchise isn't falling apart and that Ainge has made savvvy moves under the circumstances? That is entirely too reasonable for this forum. Please find someone to hate on lol
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

++1

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

nobody even mentions that ray is getting a crankle sliced up for the THIRD TIME this summer- to bring him back would have been DUMB.  it's a wild guess as to what anyone will get out of him next year.  one thing is for sure- MIA will ride the hot hand- so if mike miller is hot nailing 3's, ray will sit. 

you have two major rock hogs in miami and they really didn't run any players for miller, he just camped out at the 3 line and if the other team made a mistake then he got a shot.  that's not how ray's gotten his shots for years- lots of shot clock time eaten up while ray runs off three picks and four curls to barely get enough room for a shot.

after his third ankle surgery, will he be able to do that any more?  will the cheese slide off the cracker (as it sometimes does with advancing age and declining minutes) if ray only gets 15 minutes a night in miami?  will ray be happy with that?

so many questions.  the long and the short of it is that the odds are NOT with ray for being a huge impact player with miami.  he might be.  and that's the best you can say if you're realistic.  if we had kept him, he would have slowed up bradley and terry- younger and better all around players

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]nobody even mentions that ray is getting a crankle sliced up for the THIRD TIME this summer- to bring him back would have been DUMB.  it's a wild guess as to what anyone will get out of him next year.  one thing is for sure- MIA will ride the hot hand- so if mike miller is hot nailing 3's, ray will sit.  you have two major rock hogs in miami and they really didn't run any players for miller, he just camped out at the 3 line and if the other team made a mistake then he got a shot.  that's not how ray's gotten his shots for years- lots of shot clock time eaten up while ray runs off three picks and four curls to barely get enough room for a shot. after his third ankle surgery, will he be able to do that any more?  will the cheese slide off the cracker (as it sometimes does with advancing age and declining minutes) if ray only gets 15 minutes a night in miami?  will ray be happy with that? so many questions.  the long and the short of it is that the odds are NOT with ray for being a huge impact player with miami.  he might be.  and that's the best you can say if you're realistic.  if we had kept him, he would have slowed up bradley and terry- younger and better all around players
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Just about everyone on the board thought Ray should be traded at the deadline last year for a bag of balls.

Ray isn't scary anymore.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Paul Pierce bitter about Ray's exit : Maybe the destination surprised teammates but the leaving should not have been a surprise after watching R9R and Ray on the court together clearly out of synch. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]
    I don't have a link, but I recall reading an article saying it was Rondo and not Lee Harvey Oswald, who was responsible for the JFK assassination.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Paul Pierce bitter about Ray's exit : I don't have a link, but I recall reading an article saying it was Rondo and not Lee Harvey Oswald, who was responsible for the JFK assassination.
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

This board needs a "like" button.