People are Underestimating how many teams will be TANKING this year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

People are Underestimating how many teams will be TANKING this year

Chad Ford says that there are a large number of GM calling him for his advice about the top prospects in 2014 draft.  He says "We all may be underestimating the number of teams considering tanking this year."  This article is specifically about the Hawk plan to Tank if they can't sign Howard, (which they won't)

The tankapalooza next year is going to be more entertaining than watching the Heat roll to another championship.  Unless of course our boys PP34 and KG can make some noise with Brooklyn.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

Re: People are Underestimating how many teams will be TANKING this year

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/228586/Sources-Hawks-Likely-To-Tank-If-Howard-Doesnt-Sign

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregCelts. Show GregCelts's posts

Do you want to tank?

Tell Rondo to take the year off or trade him with Jeff Green for draft picks

Tell Avery Bradley he is the starting PG for 40 minutes a game. 

Start Brandon Bass at Center. 

Trade Wallace's contract for a bad contract- a 2 year contract

On paper, the Celtics offense will struggle big time

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Remember, teams that fully tank never seem to do well in the lottery anyway.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:

Remember, teams that fully tank never seem to do well in the lottery anyway.

Agree.  Even though many teams may decide to tank their season only one of them will end up with the top draft pick.  Their is never a guarantee that you will end up with someone that will help you in the future. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregCelts. Show GregCelts's posts

There are 4 or 5 very good franchise-type players in the next draft.  If you have the worse record in the NBA, you may not get the number 1 pick, but you will get a top 5 pick.

Tank, tank, tank!  I want Ediie Curry as the starting Center.  I will give him a McDonalds gift card to use before the games.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I'm not sure I buy in to this idea:

Definitely Tanking: Suns, Hawks, 76ers, Bobcats, Kings, Bucks, Celtics

Trying to get better: Pistons, Wizzards, Pelicans, Wolves

Not sure yet: Lakers, Mavericks, Magic, Raptors, Cavs, Jazz 

Definitely not tanking: Heat, Pacers, Knicks, Nets, Bulls, Grizz, Nuggets, Spurs, Rockets, Clippers, Warriers, Thunder

If my (novice) assessment is right, then we have a decent shot at being within the 7 worst teams in the league. I can't imagine seeing the Lakers and Mavericks tank, even though (without D12) they are both going to suck next year. Orlando was so bad last year because of injuries, so we can hope that led by Oladipo they can get a few more wins and be in the mix for the 7/8 spot in the west. I hope Cleveland is in the same bucket. Lets see what Toronto does with Rudy Gay. If they hold on to Gay, I see them vying for the playoffs. Utah will be extremely young and in a really tough conference. Lets say three of these teams are in the lottery mix.

Listen, we don't need to be the Bobcats next year. As long as we can secure a top 10 pick, and have a shot at 1-9, that is the best we can hope for.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to GregCelts' comment:

Do you want to tank?

Would you trade Bass, Wallace and Lee for Amare to save the 16 million Lee/Wallace are owed in 2016? Every Knick fan I have asked would do it in a heartbeat.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

There are 4 or 5 very good franchise-type players in the next draft.  If you have the worse record in the NBA, you may not get the number 1 pick, but you will get a top 5 pick.

Tank, tank, tank!  I want Ediie Curry as the starting Center.  I will give him a McDonalds gift card to use before the games.

If we don't get a top 3 pick, which should all be forwards with 1 year of college experience, but get pick 4/5 and land Marcus Smart, a BIG PG with 2 years experience, that would be more than fine. He would complement Avery well (assuming Rondo is gone).

With Green, Sully and Olynyk at the forward spots in a deep DEEP SF draft we'd be set there and should even see a SF drop to the Nets pick in the 22-26 range who might've gone in the 10-15 range in this years weak draft.

I'd hope we have another pick, likely in the teens, for moving Rondo and that should obviously be a C unless a top 12 player falls out.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

[QUOTE]

Do you want to tank?

Would you trade Bass, Wallace and Lee for Amare to save the 16 million Lee/Wallace are owed in 2016? Every Knick fan I have asked would do it in a heartbeat.

[/QUOTE]

Wow. Throw in a pick or some sort of asset, and yes, done in a heartbeat. If we get Amare healthy and productive, he can definitely be flipped for the final year of his contract.

This would be a good all around trade, if we get a pick.