People make it seem so easy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

People make it seem so easy

I realize half the fun of these boards is to float absurd ideas, but all these "Danny has to make a trade"/"Danny has to blow it up now" posts make it sound like he has infinite options and all he has to do is sit back and choose among them.

As he told Mike last night, 95% of the inquiries he gets are just tire kicking that can be dismissed in 30 seconds because they don't make sense (at least for the C's).  Not a lot of calls ever include offers that can't be refused.  You have to give value, get value, and the result has to fit in with both teams' plans.  I'm sure DA has some ideas around which he would like to move, but he's not going to do a deal out of desparation, or just because we think the time is ripe to do a deal.  As fans we don't necessarily have level heads.  But he does, and that's why they pay him.  I trust he'll do what thinks is in the team's best interest both long- and short-term.  And I'm glad I don't have his job. :-)

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JG9000. Show JG9000's posts

Re: People make it seem so easy

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to DFURY-13's comment:

They've stayed competetive and don't have a ny really bad contracts because of ainge. What do they want Pitino back to ruin it?

The Doc haters are saying that Ainge will never fire Doc, so the solution is to fire them both!

Go figure.

firing Ainge would be a quantum leap in the right direction for this once great franchise. he wasn't that great of a player. much worse as a general manager of basketball operations.  with all of the talent we he had  to work with we should've got a title or two more in the big 3 era. we should've been playing the type of team ball Slippery Sam described in his last post for the last 5 or 6 years instead of Rondo bouncy ball. i love the celtics as much as anyone. but there comes a time when drastic changes in leadership need to be made from the top down. one title in the past 25+ years doesn't cut it ladies and gentlemen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Firing Ainge & Doc? Those types are people have no idea what they're talking about. Aing/Doc brought up back from consistent mediocrity to a championship and multiple finals appearances. How can any fan pass judgement on Ainge? Nobody outside of his office knows what deals he has passed on, how the made deals were made, and the type of REAL trade opportunity out there.

IDIOTS!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JG9000. Show JG9000's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Firing Ainge & Doc? Those types are people have no idea what they're talking about. Aing/Doc brought up back from consistent mediocrity to a championship and multiple finals appearances. How can any fan pass judgement on Ainge? Nobody outside of his office knows what deals he has passed on, how the made deals were made, and the type of REAL trade opportunity out there.

IDIOTS!

that's my opinion and i'm sticking to it.