PERK BEING PERK... OKC LOSES!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

PERK BEING PERK... OKC LOSES!

watched the end of their game versus the mighty raptors online. perk was playing in the last 7 minutes. he finished the game. during that span he was largely a beast off the boards. but when fouled TWICE in the last minute, he only made 1 of 4, keeping the raps within 3. out of a TO, barbosa switched a 3. next possession, perks lets a pass clang right off his hands. on the subsequent rebound attempt, his hands of stone could not corrall the easy rebound and it went out of bounds giving the ball to okc with 21 secs left in a tied game. they go right into perk's man, amir johnson on a one on one.. he moves his feet and throws up a game-winning hook-shot right over perk with 2 seconds left and hits nothing but NETTTTT!  in clutch, he could not man-up, hold on to the damnn ball, rebound or hit foul shots. 

also, bargnani who he covered most of the game scored 23 points, mostly on HIM!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: PERK BEING PERK... OKC LOSES!

Ouch! Hatin' on Perk?

HAHAHA!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I don't hate Perk but he has the worst hands I ever seen on a 7 footer. I mean can he even palm the ball? He was chewed up many time for his hands of stone. Of course thats before he bacame a hall of fame center they day after we traded him.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

In Response to PERK BEING PERK... OKC LOSES!:
    [QUOTE]watched the end of their game versus the mighty raptors online. perk was playing in the last 7 minutes. he finished the game. during that span he was largely a beast off the boards. but when fouled TWICE in the last minute, he only made 1 of 4, keeping the raps within 3. out of a TO, barbosa switched a 3. next possession, perks lets a pass clang right off his hands. on the subsequent rebound attempt, his hands of stone could not corrall the easy rebound and it went out of bounds giving the ball to okc with 21 secs left in a tied game. they go right into perk's man, amir johnson on a one on one.. he moves his feet and throws up a game-winning hook-shot right over perk with 2 seconds left and hits nothing but NETTTTT!  in clutch, he could not man-up, hold on to the damnn ball, rebound or hit foul shots.  also, bargnani who he covered most of the game scored 23 points, mostly on HIM!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]Amir Johnson scored the game winning hook shot over Kevin Durant, not Perk. For a guy who's working himself back from a serious injury, 12 rebounds, 4 assists and 5 points in 26 plus minutes isn't bad. KG wasn't playing great ball when he returned from his own knee surgery.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oreed. Show oreed's posts

HAVE ANYONE SEEN PERK CATCH A ALLOY?? THE TIME HE WAS HERE, I JUST DON'T GET HOW SHAQ COULD CATCH ALLOYS-HOOP FROM RONDO AT HIS AGE..AND NOT PERK, SMH 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

Chemistry is also crtitical o a successful NBA team and Perkins complimented the big three quite effectively. Records don't lie. He was the anchor of the Boston defense.

The Lakers got rid of Derek Fisher, let him go to the warriors when his contract was up. Many laker fans were celebrating, arguing that Fish was the worse point guard in the league--slow footed, can't shoot consistently, and can't play defense. But it was the intangibles that Fish brought to the floor--his heart and soul.

Ainge let Posey go and now he trades Perkins. Some fans never appreciate those chemistry intangibles--what a player brings to the table. Maybe I'm completely wrong but thus far the Celtics are not the same team since the All-star break.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Back to your usual drivel I see. 

You have obviously decided that getting rid of Perk was the right thing, but you won't actually know that until the end of the season. I'm still on the fence. How can you so arrogantly assert that Perk is a liability when the Celtics have been so mediocre with their new acquisitions. Anyone who thinks that they know if this is a good trade or not (for this year!) is an idiot. You won't know until the post-season. I realize waiting to form an opinion until the facts are in is uncomfortable for you, but you're going to have to do it. 

The fact of the matter is that OKC has played well with Perk on the floor in fairly limited minutes. They have fared better after the trade than the Celts. 

However, unlike you I am not judging this trade yet. I see some good things in the new guys and heck, Perk could get hurt next week and be out for the rest of the year and then Ainge will be a genius. 

One thing about the NBA is that anyone with an axe to grind can pick out one regular season game to support their agenda. Dudder does this all the time to hate on Rondo, seems you are now doing the same to with Perk. Take a breather and see how it plays out. You may end up being right. But your sample size of one game is too small.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevepatron. Show stevepatron's posts

The Boston fans are spoiled. I went through the thin years when we couldn't buy a Title in Boston in any sport. Since 2k we are by far the most successful sports city in the country. Yet the fans can't appreciate that. Perk gave you his heart and soul on the court. The move was great and we came out on top. It was his time to go and I wish him well. Why can't we just enjoy what we have and realize we are winners. I take my hat off to all the Boston teams, even the red headed step-sons the Bruins.
    Try being a Cleveland fan or a Minnesota fan and see how you feel.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I agree with the BTrollSpanker... a little too early to say how Perk is working out in OKC..  Im happy with Green & Kristic, we've watched them play a number of games and these 2 guys will help us.

Perk on the other hand just started playing with OKC about a week or so ago.. been out injured.  Ive only seen a couple minuts of him playing.. We all know what we can expect from Perk however, when youre with a new team, lots of things can change.  We see that happen with lots of other players..sometimes they blossom, sometimes they fade....

I know what Im expecting to see from Perk but it has to play out a little more.. We made a good trade, if Perk really steps up for OKC, then they made a good trde too... What extras Perk may bring to OKC doesnt mean he would have brought that to the Celtics.. so lets see

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAkeravenger. Show LAkeravenger's posts

In Response to Re: PERK BEING PERK... OKC LOSES!:
    [QUOTE]Ouch! Hatin' on Perk? HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    Is it possible you can post even once without the laughing hyena ha ha ha routine?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rico,
    Please stop posting under this name.  Whoever you are.  You sound moronic.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

[QUOTE]watched the end of their game versus the mighty raptors online. perk was playing in the last 7 minutes. he finished the game. during that span he was largely a beast off the boards. but when fouled TWICE in the last minute, he only made 1 of 4, keeping the raps within 3. out of a TO, barbosa switched a 3. next possession, perks lets a pass clang right off his hands. on the subsequent rebound attempt, his hands of stone could not corrall the easy rebound and it went out of bounds giving the ball to okc with 21 secs left in a tied game. they go right into perk's man, amir johnson on a one on one.. he moves his feet and throws up a game-winning hook-shot right over perk with 2 seconds left and hits nothing but NETTTTT!  in clutch, he could not man-up, hold on to the damnn ball, rebound or hit foul shots.  also, bargnani who he covered most of the game scored 23 points, mostly on HIM!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]
    I was wondering how you were able to watch online. Do you have league pass?
    All the sites I used to watch the games for free have been blocked.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

[QUOTE]I don't hate Perk but he has the worst hands I ever seen on a 7 footer. I mean can he even palm the ball? He was chewed up many time for his hands of stone. Of course thats before he bacame a hall of fame center they day after we traded him.
    Posted by genaro008[/QUOTE]

You must not have seen many 7 footers. I would classify Perk's hands as average.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

All true and none of it new but let's keep in mind he is only in his 8th year - yes, he is the oft overlooked star of the draft that included LeBron, Wade, Bosh, 'melo, Hinrich, Kaman, and David West... how Perk would be overlooked is beyond me.... remember sometimes it takes BIGs longer to develop, so eventually he is going to become Hakeem / Kareem / the Admiral / Dwight / Patrick....... well of course, I believe none of this but most here do....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

And amazingly the GM valued what his skill set would add to OKC's roster that he would trade two former #1 picks(one 5th in the draft) and a future #1 pick for the injured guy picked after West and Kaman and of course, Nate Robinson.

It may have taken 8 yrs., but maybe Perk was the steal of the draft.

PA

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]And amazingly the GM valued what his skill set would add to OKC's roster that he would trade two former #1 picks(one 5th in the draft) and a future #1 pick for the injured guy picked after West and Kaman and of course, Nate Robinson. It may have taken 8 yrs., but maybe Perk was the steal of the draft. PA
    Posted by PACelt[/QUOTE]

Maybe if the GM had a history of building championship teams it would add some weight to your argument. You could have also said the same thing about some of the moves Isiah Thomas made with the Knicks..

Bottom line is no matter what any GM does in trades does not equate to real quantifying real value. Theres only about 2 million examples of this in the NBAs history

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Really? Let it go ! Every game it's either Green & Kristic or Perk are ready for the HOF or are the worst players ever.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

These posts are so tedious. Perk is gone. He hads his liabilities and his strengths. Anybody can have a bad game or a bad 2 minutes. Nenad went scoreless the other night and can`t defend one on one. Denigrating Perkins is pointless.Everybody knows he`s not coming back. I saw the same sort of crap when Tony Allen was riding the Memphis bench. Now he`s kicking it.Why not let it go?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Losing to the Raptors? I guess they just did not get up to play a lousy team.

Do you remember when the Celtics lost to the Cavaliers this year?

The legend of Perkins, and the detractors all have thier points. The reality is somewhere in between.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

alloy-hoops?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Anyone who thinks Perk has bad hands, never saw Manute Boll play this game. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

Perk did what we he had to do and we did what we had to do....but for god's sake...Kristic is so much better in many ways than Perk....KG will toughin up K and Green will pay dirt!  Wise up all you nostalgic lovers....the past won't bring 18...just the future! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to PERK BEING PERK... OKC LOSES! : I was wondering how you were able to watch online. Do you have league pass? All the sites I used to watch the games for free have been blocked.
    Posted by kccorwin[/QUOTE]i dont have league pass. the site is based in europe. they show every major college game, tennis match and every NBA game. i have seen the last 2 celts game to conclusion without issues. the site has been mentioned a few times on this board. every time it comes up it gets blocked in the middle of the 4th qtr for some reason. look over the previous 2 game threads, the .eu site is mentioned. good luck

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Back to your usual drivel I see.  You have obviously decided that getting rid of Perk was the right thing, but you won't actually know that until the end of the season. I'm still on the fence. How can you so arrogantly assert that Perk is a liability when the Celtics have been so mediocre with their new acquisitions. Anyone who thinks that they know if this is a good trade or not (for this year!) is an idiot. You won't know until the post-season. I realize waiting to form an opinion until the facts are in is uncomfortable for you, but you're going to have to do it.  The fact of the matter is that OKC has played well with Perk on the floor in fairly limited minutes. They have fared better after the trade than the Celts.  However, unlike you I am not judging this trade yet. I see some good things in the new guys and heck, Perk could get hurt next week and be out for the rest of the year and then Ainge will be a genius.  One thing about the NBA is that anyone with an axe to grind can pick out one regular season game to support their agenda. Dudder does this all the time to hate on Rondo, seems you are now doing the same to with Perk. Take a breather and see how it plays out. You may end up being right. But your sample size of one game is too small.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]spankie, i was picking just one game for it showed what perk is even at his BEST! there's a reason he did not start or play more than 25 minutes for a contender esp the celts. once shaq jon come bak we can go bak to being physically intimidating. thats the big thing perk brought that we have lost.. but overall, what perk brought esp in the big picture of next year and beyond and playoff time., its judt not worth it. the big 4 is in a scoring funk, how is that about perk? we were at our BEST without perk. shaq comes bak for the game after this one, jo by the end of next week, how are we not better. yes its great to have tangible facts of completion but who really dies that.. we are fans! i have seen enough anecdotal facts to close the book on perk. i bet he will soon stop closing games in okc as well. you re looking at a more scowling version of eric dampier when perk is at his best. perk's very slightly better on defense and rebounding but WORSE on offense not even factoring in al the moving screen-fouls!

ur point about perk not being perk the rest of the year as was the case with kg last year makes my point even clearer. y do we want that bak there (he has no lift) esp when it was a foregone conclusion that he wasnt returning!