Perk in WCF's showing his stuff

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Perk in WCF's showing his stuff

Watched Perk play again last night in game 3 of WCF's. 

30 mins, 4 points, 5 rebs

His avg during the season with OKC is 25 mins, 5pts, 8 rebs

His avg during the playoffs with OKC is 28 mins, 5pts, 6 rebs

On the intangible side, I've posted several times that basically he does very, very little on both ends of the court. I've watched him enough this season to understand whatever he used to give the Celtics, he doesnt have to give to OKC. He's attrocious!

I've come around to feeling the deal Danny made for him was a good one for the Celtics.. Perk could have maybe helped us with Shaq being out cause he knows the system...and thats the only reason. Even Murphy would be a big improvement to Perk.

I don't like raggin on the guy but after all the hoopla I read about how trading Perk cost us a title, I can state that's pure BS! The guys game has deteriorated severely and it appears to me that Perk isnt even putting forth the effort to position, clear the lane or much anything else he's been credited for.

Good trade DA!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Perk in WCF's showing his stuff

In Response to Re: Perk in WCF's showing his stuff:
    [QUOTE]I would not trade Green and Krstic for him and Nate....lol. So now he's the coach on the floor, calling timeouts?  He always gives a scowl when he feels someone hasn't rotated properly, but it was his lack of rotation that percipitated him calling the timeout.   A complete fraud. Did you see one of his pathetic attempts at an inside move last evening?  Gather, gather, gather...fake...gather again, then....clang... Plus he has no floor speed at all.  I can see why Rivers encouraged him not to try consistently for offensive rebounds; He'd always be the last one back on defense.
    Posted by jallen5799[/QUOTE]

I bet if Danny had it to do over he wouldn't make that trade now.   I KNOW Doc wouldn't have done it period.  Of course what do they know.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

BTW him calling a time out.  They couldn't let the MAVS continue to drive to the hoop.  Right after half and boom boom straight to the rim.  I bet Brooks didn't mind the time out.   Someone needed to get a point to the team it had to stop.  Did Perk by chance play for the Lakers at some time?   Sure is a lot of hate on this guy.  Just a serviceable center without much offense.  ROLE player.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

But a very limited role player making almost $10M per...ouch!  I wonder how Collison feels knowing how much more Perk makes than him despite being much, much more productive than Perk.
    Agree with Karl, I would do the trade again in a heartbeat.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perk in WCF's showing his stuff : I bet if Danny had it to do over he wouldn't make that trade now.   I KNOW Doc wouldn't have done it period.  Of course what do they know.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

You know Doc wouldnt have done it? Doc has been quoted as saying he agreed with the trade at the time. As for now, anyone can Monday morning quarterback, even Doc. But Doc is one of the last ones because he gave the green light with Danny.

Just because DOc is the coach doesnt mean he automatically knows more or is always right. If that was the case, we'd never lose and he'd never be wrong cause who is more qualified than him? Really a nonsensical point youre making.

Do you really think if you sat down with Doc and asked him if hes made any mistakes coaching or evaluating talent, his answer would be no? lol

and of course the cherry on top ... your saying DA & Doc wouldnt make the trade now but what do they know?? Well, they're the ones that did make the trade!! so apparently they both didnt know very much, according to you.

Case closed

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perk in WCF's showing his stuff : You know Doc wouldnt have done it? Doc has been quoted as saying he agreed with the trade at the time. As for now, anyone can Monday morning quarterback, even Doc. But Doc is one of the last ones because he gave the green light with Danny. Just because DOc is the coach doesnt mean he automatically knows more or is always right. If that was the case, we'd never lose and he'd never be wrong cause who is more qualified than him? Really a nonsensical point youre making. Do you really think if you sat down with Doc and asked him if hes made any mistakes coaching or evaluating talent, his answer would be no? lol and of course the cherry on top ... your saying DA & Doc wouldnt make the trade now but what do they know?? Well, they're the ones that did make the trade!! so apparently they both didnt know very much, according to you. Case closed
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Talk about a non sensical post.  No one said Doc never makes mistakes.  Doc has already said he wouldn't have done it at the same time again.  You think Doc is going to say Danny was wrong on this?  LMAO.  You know no more than I do on what went on behind closed doors so don't act like you do.  I am going by what I have read.  No one said either didn't know much.. Maybe they should just check with you though.   CASE CLOSED

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perk in WCF's showing his stuff : Talk about a non sensical post.  No one said Doc never makes mistakes.  Doc has already said he wouldn't have done it at the same time again.  You think Doc is going to say Danny was wrong on this?  LMAO.  You know no more than I do on what went on behind closed doors so don't act like you do.  I am going by what I have read.  No one said either didn't know much.. Maybe they should just check with you though.   CASE CLOSED
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Your quote was "Of course what do they know." referring to both DA & Doc regretting the trade.. thats not what they said.... but regardless.. your implication was if DOC & DA think they made a mistake with the trade, that should be good enough.. as in if what do I know compared to them..

The answer is both DOC & DA  were together and bought in on the trade when they made it..  DOc has said as much publicly.  The point being your "Of course what do they know" sarcastic remark could have been equally applied to people who opposed the trade initally.... which implies other opinions are worthless compared to Doc & DA on the subject.  

Either way, you're throwing up Doc & DA's knowledge and opinion up against mine & anyone else that feels this way.... yet by their own admission (according to you) they've admitted they made a mistake.

So how can you throw that snide "Of course what do they know" remark in anyones face now ???

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

Ive been saying this same thing since the trade. Perk is completely overrated as a defender and absolutely terrible on the O end. The bunnies he misses are sooo bad. AArrggghhh I cant believe people actually think we didnt win bc we didnt have Perk. Half our team was whining and crying over a trade in the NBA , believe me that hurt us a lot more than losing him. The guy has gotten absolutely chit on by athletic bigs since going there. He got lit up by Cousins off of 2 moves and im so sick of hearing how good he was against Howard. The road to the finals no longer goes through Howard. OKC's best lineup is when hes on the bench! Their a better team w/ Nick C on the court. He always brings more energy and 100 times better on the O end. If you want to get to the finals , your going through Mia/NY/Chi for the next 5-8 years. You absolutely need big , long , lean defenders like Green. And one thing people need to know is that Jeff Green wasnt our first pick , we wanted Harden no matter what anyone says. Harden is going to be an absolute beast. If OKC loses dont be surprised if Westbrook gets traded ( hopefully here for RR ) and Harden runs the point.  Harden's potential is unlimited w/ his size/speed and defense. I mean the depth that OKC has right now is crazy deep. As a basketball fan i'd love to see what they could do if they stayed together 5-6 years , the whole team as is , maybe w/ 1-2 additions. But as a Celts fan theres a few guys i wouldnt mind seeing in a Celt's uniform.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Perk= HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Always has been and always will be nothing more than an oxygen gatherer!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Perk hasn't played especially well in the playoffs but since the trade OKC went on a big run and the Celts struggled record wise. Perk has shown a lot of leadership to the young OKC team, there are plenty of articles on it. 

"I've come around to feeling the deal Danny made for him was a good one for the Celtics."

Why? What did we get in return? If Jeff Green had been an impact player, it would have been great, but he wasn't. If Shaq had been healthy enough to play, it might have been a good trade, but he wasnt. 

"Perk could have maybe helped us with Shaq being out cause he knows the system...and thats the only reason. Even Murphy would be a big improvement to Perk."

Murphy wasn't healthy enough to play, so that's not a useful analogy. Doc said after the season that experience playing as a unit was the one advantage we had over the Heat and the Bulls, with the Perk trade, we lost that advantage. 

"I don't like raggin on the guy"

Actually I think you kind of do. 

"but after all the hoopla I read about how trading Perk cost us a title,"

Hard to say, but it was clearly a bad trade if you focus on this year's results. For this year, all it did was hurt our chances. There's really no way to argue otherwise. Points in the paint were a huge problem against the Heat. Don't think Perk could have helped there? 

Now, looking ahead, if we re-sign Jeff Green and he turns into an impact player, maybe that will seem a bit different. I'm skeptical. 

Doesn't matter how Perk is playing for OKC. Doesn't change the fact that Ainge rolled the dice on Shaq being healthy, and he lost. If he knows Shaq can't play, he doesn't make that trade. Simple as that. It didn't cost us a title necessarily, who knows. But it did cost us a run at a title. 

Note that I am NOT arguing we should have re-signed Perk this offseason. But based on the flimsy crud we got in return, we should have let him walk in the offseason and rode into the playoffs with our starting five intact. 

It's very hard to argue against this the way things played out. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]Perk hasn't played especially well in the playoffs but since the trade OKC went on a big run and the Celts struggled record wise. Perk has shown a lot of leadership to the young OKC team, there are plenty of articles on it.  " I've come around to feeling the deal Danny made for him was a good one for the Celtics." Why? What did we get in return? If Jeff Green had been an impact player, it would have been great, but he wasn't. If Shaq had been healthy enough to play, it might have been a good trade, but he wasnt.  "Perk could have maybe helped us with Shaq being out cause he knows the system...and thats the only reason. Even Murphy would be a big improvement to Perk." Murphy wasn't healthy enough to play, so that's not a useful analogy. Doc said after the season that experience playing as a unit was the one advantage we had over the Heat and the Bulls, with the Perk trade, we lost that advantage.  "I don't like raggin on the guy" Actually I think you kind of do.  "but after all the hoopla I read about how trading Perk cost us a title," Hard to say, but it was clearly a bad trade if you focus on this year's results. For this year, all it did was hurt our chances. There's really no way to argue otherwise. Points in the paint were a huge problem against the Heat. Don't think Perk could have helped there?  Now, looking ahead, if we re-sign Jeff Green and he turns into an impact player, maybe that will seem a bit different. I'm skeptical.  Doesn't matter how Perk is playing for OKC. Doesn't change the fact that Ainge rolled the dice on Shaq being healthy, and he lost. If he knows Shaq can't play, he doesn't make that trade. Simple as that. It didn't cost us a title necessarily, who knows. But it did cost us a run at a title.  Note that I am NOT arguing we should have re-signed Perk this offseason. But based on the flimsy crud we got in return, we should have let him walk in the offseason and rode into the playoffs with our starting five intact.  It's very hard to argue against this the way things played out. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

I understand the point youre making.

My point is what we got from Jeff Green alone is much, much more than what Im seeing from Perk.. Night & Day. Perk is playing like a 2nd string college player ... and Im not trying to be funny about it.

Also, Docs point about the issues with the trrades wasnt just specific to Perks trade... it was all the new faces coming and going.

DA's gamble for a healthy Shaq was a mistake... but thats not because Perk could have stepped in and gave us what Shaq did... there is no way that was gonna happen. Doc laments that because we could have used another "body".. even a lamer like Perk..to take up minutes b/c JON couldnt go more than 20

My point about not liking to rag on Perk (which you feel is disingenuous) is the truth. Im pointing out Perks many shortcomings imo b/c Im getting tired of reading what a superstar he must be..  If you took the time to really focus on him while he plays, you'll clearly see hes terrible..  hes playing just terrible.

Regarding the C's struggles after the trade? If I recall after losing a game the day he got traded, I think the C's won 5 straight.  and we played the entire season up to the point of his return and had a fantastic record.. So how do you reconcile we missed Perk so much when we played great ball for so long without him?  Simply, we didnt miss him at all.

Finally, I disagree that Perk wouldnt have helped us much at all with stopping points in the paint... Did you watch any of the Memphis series??? Memphis DOMINATED points in the paint!!  Perk isnt doing squat to limit that either against the MAvs... What on earth have you been watching or do you just repeat the folklore you hear about Perk?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

You guys still don't understand. Try this analagy. Security. An alarm system for your home. You have no idea how many crooks have been deterred by that system.

But it is definitely a deterrant. But how do you quantify the unquantifiable?
    You would have to be a mind reader.

Miami celebrated the Perk trade and they beat us and some of you are still in denial of his influence on the opponent.

Perk deters scorers, whether it shows up in the stats or not. He also deters bullying on the court.

A bodyguard does'nt look like he's doing much, but best believe if he wasn't doing something (making people think twice), he would'nt have a job.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The trade disrupted the team and then sent three others packing as well.  It was poorly timed and with Shaq hurt it destroyed the team's chances for the title.  Green is better than Perkins by miles but the idea that a team playing well changed at such a crucial time is evidence that tinkering and then dismantling will sink a team so tightly connected. You are all right, Perkins is a very limited player not deserving of a contract that  he just got.  But to revisit the trade you can only conclude it sunk the Celtics and hastened the re-build that is inevitable.

OKC will get rid of Perkins way before the new contract runs out. With all their talent having Perk on the floor for any real minutes is never a good idea.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perk in WCF's showing his stuff : I understand the point youre making. My point is what we got from Jeff Green alone is much, much more than what Im seeing from Perk.. Night & Day. Perk is playing like a 2nd string college player ... and Im not trying to be funny about it. Also, Docs point about the issues with the trrades wasnt just specific to Perks trade... it was all the new faces coming and going. DA's gamble for a healthy Shaq was a mistake... but thats not because Perk could have stepped in and gave us what Shaq did... there is no way that was gonna happen. Doc laments that because we could have used another "body".. even a lamer like Perk..to take up minutes b/c JON couldnt go more than 20 My point about not liking to rag on Perk (which you feel is disingenuous) is the truth. Im pointing out Perks many shortcomings imo b/c Im getting tired of reading what a superstar he must be..  If you took the time to really focus on him while he plays, you'll clearly see hes terrible..  hes playing just terrible. Regarding the C's struggles after the trade? If I recall after losing a game the day he got traded, I think the C's won 5 straight.  and we played the entire season up to the point of his return and had a fantastic record.. So how do you reconcile we missed Perk so much when we played great ball for so long without him?  Simply, we didnt miss him at all. Finally, I disagree that Perk wouldnt have helped us much at all with stopping points in the paint... Did you watch any of the Memphis series??? Memphis DOMINATED points in the paint!!  Perk isnt doing squat to limit that either against the MAvs... What on earth have you been watching or do you just repeat the folklore you hear about Perk?

Let's remember that a knee injury the nature of Perk's can often take two full years to get back to 100%, Perk's injury was not even 1 year ago.  So I assume that next year at some point Perk will go right back to being the perennial-all-star-nba-defensive-something or other.........  lmao.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Perk already has a swagger.  Now he needs to get the ability to back it up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Perk already has a swagger.  Now he needs to get the ability to back it up.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I remember two or three years into his career posters always used to say "well if he had stayed in school, he would only be a junior blah blah blah".... they could sit there and see that all the best players came out of school after 1 year but when it came to the Cs if they had been in the league for a while one could always state where they would be in school had they stayed and hold that up as the reason the guy has not developed yet.  So in year's 5, 6, and 7 I would suggest that if Perk had stayed in school he would only be finishing up his MBA, or just finishing law school, and only in the first year of his residency.....

Going into year 9, I am not sure we will see him acquiring any skills any time soon.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Good trade Danny.  Now sign Green and use the draft pick and might just keep Kristic.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perk in WCF's showing his stuff : I understand the point youre making. My point is what we got from Jeff Green alone is much, much more than what Im seeing from Perk.. Night & Day. Perk is playing like a 2nd string college player ... and Im not trying to be funny about it. Also, Docs point about the issues with the trrades wasnt just specific to Perks trade... it was all the new faces coming and going. DA's gamble for a healthy Shaq was a mistake... but thats not because Perk could have stepped in and gave us what Shaq did... there is no way that was gonna happen. Doc laments that because we could have used another "body".. even a lamer like Perk..to take up minutes b/c JON couldnt go more than 20 My point about not liking to rag on Perk (which you feel is disingenuous) is the truth. Im pointing out Perks many shortcomings imo b/c Im getting tired of reading what a superstar he must be..  If you took the time to really focus on him while he plays, you'll clearly see hes terrible..  hes playing just terrible. Regarding the C's struggles after the trade? If I recall after losing a game the day he got traded, I think the C's won 5 straight.  and we played the entire season up to the point of his return and had a fantastic record.. So how do you reconcile we missed Perk so much when we played great ball for so long without him?  Simply, we didnt miss him at all. Finally, I disagree that Perk wouldnt have helped us much at all with stopping points in the paint... Did you watch any of the Memphis series??? Memphis DOMINATED points in the paint!!  Perk isnt doing squat to limit that either against the MAvs... What on earth have you been watching or do you just repeat the folklore you hear about Perk?
    I'm glad you took time to put this into words because I agree with you totally. I still don't get where Celtics fans think that we would have competed if Perkins stayed. Who would have given Paul a rest? Daniels was gone. Harangoody? I mean, come on. Again, it was a great trade. Ainge knew we weren't paying this guy "star" money and he got two decent players. By the way, people are now harping about we wanted Harden instead. OK......funny thing is that Green's numbers were better than Harden's. I think Green is going to be good. A very good post by you!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Perk in our defensive system was good for 2-3 blocks a game, in a new system where he stands out, about one.  There's no doubt his self worth is over valued and that's why Danny wasn't going to pay him max dollars, but he is exactly what we needed to move on in in these playoffs....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

In this series, of course collison (really a PF) is going to look better than perk.  Dallas is a finesse team.  Perk is a guy who's specialty is playing the strong, physical centers.  Not lively, athletic jumpers like Tyson or outside shooting big men like Dirk.

If they were playing the Lakers, bet you'd be seeing a lot more of perk matched up against bynum and not much of collison. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

Perk looks out of place and sometimes lost on OKC.  It is not a good fit for him and he contributes very little to that team.  Perk was effective in Boston b/c of the system and team, he does not get up and down the court well enough to be much of a factor with Westbrook/Durant. 

The other night Perk was pumping his fist and getting fired up because he made Haywood kick it out, thus resulting in a deflection, but still Mavs ball. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Perk is not in touch with his limitations as a player.  With his friend Rondo,  Perk once and awhile had 9 to 12 points in a game because of wide open looks two feet from the basket.  He does not get those looks in OKC and most likely won't.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

This might be the first trade in NBA history that if both GM's had it to do over again, neither one would. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In Response to Perk in WCF's showing his stuff:
    [QUOTE]Watched Perk play again last night in game 3 of WCF's.  30 mins, 4 points, 5 rebs His avg during the season with OKC is 25 mins, 5pts, 8 rebs His avg during the playoffs with OKC is 28 mins, 5pts, 6 rebs On the intangible side, I've posted several times that basically he does very, very little on both ends of the court. I've watched him enough this season to understand whatever he used to give the Celtics, he doesnt have to give to OKC. He's attrocious! I've come around to feeling the deal Danny made for him was a good one for the Celtics.. Perk could have maybe helped us with Shaq being out cause he knows the system...and thats the only reason. Even Murphy would be a big improvement to Perk. I don't like raggin on the guy but after all the hoopla I read about how trading Perk cost us a title, I can state that's pure BS! The guys game has deteriorated severely and it appears to me that Perk isnt even putting forth the effort to position, clear the lane or much anything else he's been credited for. Good trade DA!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2011/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=mavericks-thunderG3-110522

"To put a finer point on things, let's replace the word "starters" with "Kendrick Perkins." In his 82 minutes on the court, the Thunder have been outscored by a whopping 32 points. In his 62 minutes on the bench, the advantage has tilted nearly as strongly the other way: The Thunder are plus-23. "

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JREwing. Show JREwing's posts

OK, now we must know what Petey thinks of all these various comments and viewpoints, minus the caustic remarks about Perk!