Perk in WCF's showing his stuff

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: Perk in WCF's showing his stuff

In Response to Re: Perk in WCF's showing his stuff:
    [QUOTE]I don't care what the stats say. He was the 2nd coming of Bill Russell minus 10 rings.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

And oddly enough when push comes to shove he could end up with more rings (in spite of himself) than the BIG 3 plus Rondo - they each have 1 and will never get another.... so if he gets 3 more by virtue of playing with KD, RW, RH, etc. he will eclipse the same total number accumulated by the BIG 3 plus Rondo.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Getting him out of town was the best thing for Celtics basketball since bringing in KG and RA.  Once Ainge has the off-season to play, the Celtics will be that much better for his leaving.  Too much was made of Perkins defensive "prowess" and he diminished the team offensively.  Glad he's gone.  Green, if they re-sign him and then use him enough, will give them much more in a year that Perkins could in six.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

[QUOTE]You guys still don't understand. Try this analagy. Security. An alarm system for your home. You have no idea how many crooks have been deterred by that system. But it is definitely a deterrant. But how do you quantify the unquantifiable? You would have to be a mind reader. Miami celebrated the Perk trade and they beat us and some of you are still in denial of his influence on the opponent. Perk deters scorers, whether it shows up in the stats or not. He also deters bullying on the court. A bodyguard does'nt look like he's doing much, but best believe if he wasn't doing something (making people think twice), he would'nt have a job.
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

Bottom line 10 million or 8 million is still to much for a alarm system

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perk in WCF's showing his stuff : And oddly enough when push comes to shove he could end up with more rings (in spite of himself) than the BIG 3 plus Rondo - they each have 1 and will never get another.... so if he gets 3 more by virtue of playing with KD, RW, RH, etc. he will eclipse the same total number accumulated by the BIG 3 plus Rondo.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

You are right about Perk winning more rings than the big 3 since he currently plays for OKC.  I would imagine that they will win the NBA championship  sometime soon, but they are still a very young team and I don't see it happening at least for a couple of years.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perk in WCF's showing his stuff : And oddly enough when push comes to shove he could end up with more rings (in spite of himself) than the BIG 3 plus Rondo - they each have 1 and will never get another.... so if he gets 3 more by virtue of playing with KD, RW, RH, etc. he will eclipse the same total number accumulated by the BIG 3 plus Rondo.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

If he does win a ring it will not be because of him more like in spite of him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Perk in WCF's showing his stuff:
    [QUOTE]Watched Perk play again last night in game 3 of WCF's.  30 mins, 4 points, 5 rebs His avg during the season with OKC is 25 mins, 5pts, 8 rebs His avg during the playoffs with OKC is 28 mins, 5pts, 6 rebs On the intangible side, I've posted several times that basically he does very, very little on both ends of the court. I've watched him enough this season to understand whatever he used to give the Celtics, he doesnt have to give to OKC. He's attrocious! I've come around to feeling the deal Danny made for him was a good one for the Celtics.. Perk could have maybe helped us with Shaq being out cause he knows the system...and thats the only reason. Even Murphy would be a big improvement to Perk. I don't like raggin on the guy but after all the hoopla I read about how trading Perk cost us a title, I can state that's pure BS! The guys game has deteriorated severely and it appears to me that Perk isnt even putting forth the effort to position, clear the lane or much anything else he's been credited for. Good trade DA!!
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

I've seen Perkins play a lot with OKC and to me he brings little to the table with this club.  He just doesnt translate as well for OKC as he did for the Cs.  The thunder is a quick athletic team and Perk is the opposite.  there is a reason why Collison plays big minutes and contributes way more to that team.  The thunder will regret paying him the kind of money they got.  They signed him way too quickly and I wouldn't be surprised if they realized that now. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Perk in WCF's showing his stuff : I've seen Perkins play a lot with OKC and to me he brings little to the table with this club.  He just doesnt translate as well for OKC as he did for the Cs.  The thunder is a quick athletic team and Perk is the opposite.  there is a reason why Collison plays big minutes and contributes way more to that team.  The thunder will regret paying him the kind of money they got.  They signed him way too quickly and I wouldn't be surprised if they realized that now. 
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]

Well of course, he is only a year removed from his injury..... and had he gone to college he would only be working on the 2nd year of his residency..... so of course OKC is not seeing the best Perk.......  next year when he is 2 years removed from his injury he will be much better, he will be a lot more like the year 7 of his career... so going into his 9th year he will be a 5 point, 6 rebound, hands of stone embarrassment with two bad knees......  as I have said many times I wonder if OKC is already regretting this ridiculous contract... the only worse contract is Rondo's......   I think there was a poll a couple of years ago where the players in the league took a poll and said who is the player that thinks the most of his game where there is a total disconnect between his actual game and his own perspective of his game.... Perk was the clear winner and that was before his injury.....

From space I think we can see the great Chinese wall, the grand canyon.... and the gap between Perk's actual game and his own perspective of his game.... coming to a view from space to a theater near you.... Rondo's actual game and his perspective of his own game........  oddly in the last two years we have read ad nauseum how the team is so old and the injuries to the two youngest players are the perceived reasons why the team lost......

Last year at the trading deadline when Danny had his first opportunity to start to dissolve the BIG 3 I proposed Ray Allen for Monta Ellis and Andris Biedrins and Rondo for Kevin Martin... they would have a backcourt going forward and may very well be playing right now but of course would have a back court going forward but in the long run...........

What is Danny's dissolution solution?

The timing of the dissolution and the new CBA is a gigantic issue that could / would very well decide where the Cs will be in2 to 3 years..

My guess is that Danny will march off into the sunset and the team will be one of the worst teams in the league and heading forward like OKC...... 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Perk looking more like a cheerleader than anything else. 

One thing that Ive noticed is on Perks pick n rolls... when he rolls to the bucket and his defender stays glued to the perimeter player... they just about never throw back to Perk  who's fairly open  in the lane.

You can see Perk frantically waving his arms begging for the ball and he never gets it.. He may have had some easy shots but whats an easy dunk/layup for most is an adventure for Perk.. 

At least the Thunder should hit him when hes so wide open... must be a reason or bad coaching/playing..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeemsToMe. Show SeemsToMe's posts

How does Ainge feel about the Perk trade?

Open the below file and see.

http://www.necn.com/05/15/11/State-of-the-Celtics-Ainge-on-Perk-Trade/landing_sports.html?blockID=522951&feedID=6097

SeemsToMe

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from larry1717. Show larry1717's posts

It is very difficult to understand the hatred/dislike shown by many posters towards Perkins.  Perkins fit his role on the Celtics very well, even with his offensive problems.  Perkins made every player on the starting five a better player.  Setting picks for all of them, and being a rock of defense that allowed Rondo, Pierce and even Allen to get some easy rebounds.  The fact that many of you have no recollection or understanding of this only talks to your own basketball deficiencies.

Does he fit the Thunder in the same way?  Probably Not!  One thing is for sure, the Thunder appreciates Perkins and needs him much more than Green or that frail, skinny 7FT center they pawned off on DA.  By the way, let me know when Green shows us a little bit of defense and actually goes into a crowd and gets a rebound.  I know the frail, skinny center can not do that.  Just blow on him and he will fall down.  Enuf said!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Larry,
    You can get Perk on your team anytime.  Just make OKC an offer any offer, they'll be glad to send him over.  If not they are stuck with him for four long years.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]It is very difficult to understand the hatred/dislike shown by many posters towards Perkins.  Perkins fit his role on the Celtics very well, even with his offensive problems.  Perkins made every player on the starting five a better player.  Setting picks for all of them, and being a rock of defense that allowed Rondo, Pierce and even Allen to get some easy rebounds.  The fact that many of you have no recollection or understanding of this only talks to your own basketball deficiencies. Does he fit the Thunder in the same way?  Probably Not!  One thing is for sure, the Thunder appreciates Perkins and needs him much more than Green or that frail, skinny 7FT center they pawned off on DA.  By the way, let me know when Green shows us a little bit of defense and actually goes into a crowd and gets a rebound.  I know the frail, skinny center can not do that.  Just blow on him and he will fall down.  Enuf said!
    Posted by larry1717[/QUOTE]

Perkins made the Celtic starters (all 4 all stars) better? LMAO

Nobody on the starting 5 would lose much with Perk out of the lineup... In fact, for the first time ever, the Big 3 + Rondo made the all star team this year while Perk was out with his knee injury.  Kinda hard to accept your point in view of this.

In fact, just the oppsite argument can be made. All 4 made the all star team when Perk didnt play...

Dont know what it is that would make you say what you did but.... I guess we are all full of basketball deficiencies...like you say.

teach us some more

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from larry1717. Show larry1717's posts

Karllost--It is difficult to teach when so many have severe mental blocks.  I will try:

1.  Rebounding is very important whether you or Danny Ainge think so or not. Take the 7th game against the Lakers last year---How many rebounds did we get without Perk?  How many did the Lakers get?  Do you think that one sided statistic might not have been so one sided if Perk had played in that game? Do you think we might have won the game with Perk? If you said No to either question, you are hopeless.

2.  Setting Picks---Who sets picks now without Perk?  Rondo--NO,  Allen--NO, Pierce--Once in a while, KG--Once in a while:  Certainly it is not Green or the Skinny, frail 7 footer.

3.  The four All Stars to a man stated in every way possible that they missed PERK and disagreed with the trade.

4.  The Coach, DOC Rivers, went on WEEI The Big Show and stated last week that he would not have made the trade during the season. Of course he said this after he had signed a new contract and was well protected by that contract.  In other words Doc disagreed with Danny about the Perkins trade.

5.  The Celtics lost many, many games to teams that did not even make the playoffs after Perkins was traded. I doubt that the Celtics would have lost many, if any, of those games with Perkins.

6.  Opposing teams were so enthusiastic and happy that Perkins was no longer on the Celtics after the trade was announced.  I know I saw similar words of glee from players on the Heat, Knicks, Lakers, and Magic.  Somehow I believe those NBA players know the value of Perkins to the Celtics better than I do, or you do.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]Karllost--It is difficult to teach when so many have severe mental blocks.  I will try: 1.  Rebounding is very important whether you or Danny Ainge think so or not. Take the 7th game against the Lakers last year---How many rebounds did we get without Perk?  How many did the Lakers get?  Do you think that one sided statistic might not have been so one sided if Perk had played in that game? Do you think we might have won the game with Perk? If you said No to either question, you are hopeless. 2.  Setting Picks---Who sets picks now without Perk?  Rondo--NO,  Allen--NO, Pierce--Once in a while, KG--Once in a while:  Certainly it is not Green or the Skinny, frail 7 footer. 3.  The four All Stars to a man stated in every way possible that they missed PERK and disagreed with the trade. 4.  The Coach, DOC Rivers, went on WEEI The Big Show and stated last week that he would not have made the trade during the season. Of course he said this after he had signed a new contract and was well protected by that contract.  In other words Doc disagreed with Danny about the Perkins trade. 5.  The Celtics lost many, many games to teams that did not even make the playoffs after Perkins was traded. I doubt that the Celtics would have lost many, if any, of those games with Perkins. 6.  Opposing teams were so enthusiastic and happy that Perkins was no longer on the Celtics after the trade was announced.  I know I saw similar words of glee from players on the Heat, Knicks, Lakers, and Magic.  Somehow I believe those NBA players know the value of Perkins to the Celtics better than I do, or you do.
    Posted by larry1717[/QUOTE]

I guess you should stop offering up your own opinions and just regurgitate whatever other NBA players say about any topic....  since your feeling is NBA players know more than you do.  

Basically, from your pgh #5, youve essentailly rendered all your opinions moot.

Congratulations on making your opinions (if you have any) irrelevant.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]1.  Rebounding is very important whether you or Danny Ainge think so or not. Take the 7th game against the Lakers last year---How many rebounds did we get without Perk?  How many did the Lakers get?  Do you think that one sided statistic might not have been so one sided if Perk had played in that game? Do you think we might have won the game with Perk? If you said No to either question, you are hopeless. Posted by larry1717[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'm hopeless too.
    We missed Perkins in that game. His injury was part (not the reason) we lost the finals. But not because he is a great player. Just because we had no backup center for sheed, who was better in that game (but run out of gas) as a starter then perk was in the entire series. Actually perk was outplayed by Bynum (who had just one leg) big (!) time.