PERK JERKED BY DIRK!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

PERK JERKED BY DIRK!

no, not that kind of jerking. talkng about being made a total fool, indefensible. as dirk abused everyone including ibaka, the thunder turned to their enforcer for some intimidation by fouling , scowling and growling. and just as it would have been in the heat series, perk inevitably was just a sideshow as dirk too is now hip to his act. perk helped put dirk to the line for a record 24 times as he kept attacking the paint over and over (gee i wonder whose job it is to protect the paint). imagine how many foul shots wade or lebron would have had with this version of perky around. he simply doesnt have the foot speed or quickness to stay with any of the elite guys. with or without perk, they aint going to chandler to score 20 points. 

lets see. perk was the WORSE im +/- fon both teams at -14. chander was +1, his backup had a +8. dirk was +12. perk in 28 minutes had an erick dampier-like 5 rebounds and 7 points with ZERO blocks. i had more impact in the game and of course i wasnt even playing or there in the crowd. this is the kind of series perk can and wil make little contribution in. you perky lovers can talk about all the intangibles you want, there was nothing he contributed that could change the flow or result of the game or this series for that matter. he can set all the picks he wants, just being on the floor puts okc in a bigger hole. starting nazr mohammed would have more of an impact. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Re: PERK JERKED BY DIRK!

I wasn't sure if reading your post was safe! hahaha Dirk looked like Bird last night. Incredible performance.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I think the biggest thing in that game was that Perk could not even back down Dirk in the post and had trouble moving him and basically looked like a high schooler and got his shyt sent to half court by Chandler, but I still got love for Perk....he is what he is, a role player who is not intimidating much anymore but I cant post on this without saying Dirk should have absolutey been called for atleast a flagrant 1 on that Durant foul.  He shoved him while in the air. Anyone on our team does that, they probably get ejected.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: PERK JERKED BY DIRK!:
    [QUOTE]I wasn't sure if reading your post was safe! hahaha Dirk looked like Bird last night. Incredible performance.
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

Agree that Dirk was incredible last night. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaliCeltic. Show CaliCeltic's posts

In Response to PERK JERKED BY DIRK!:
    [QUOTE]no, not that kind of jerking. talkng about being made a total fool, indefensible. as dirk abused everyone including ibaka, the thunder turned to their enforcer for some intimidation by fouling , scowling and growling. and just as it would have been in the heat series, perk inevitably was just a sideshow as dirk too is now hip to his act. perk helped put dirk to the line for a record 24 times as he kept attacking the paint over and over (gee i wonder whose job it is to protect the paint). imagine how many foul shots wade or lebron would have had with this version of perky around. he simply doesnt have the foot speed or quickness to stay with any of the elite guys. with or without perk, they aint going to chandler to score 20 points.  lets see. perk was the WORSE im +/- fon both teams at -14. chander was +1, his backup had a +8. dirk was +12. perk in 28 minutes had an erick dampier-like 5 rebounds and 7 points with ZERO blocks. i had more impact in the game and of course i wasnt even playing or there in the crowd. this is the kind of series perk can and wil make little contribution in. you perky lovers can talk about all the intangibles you want, there was nothing he contributed that could change the flow or result of the game or this series for that matter. he can set all the picks he wants, just being on the floor puts okc in a bigger hole. starting nazr mohammed would have more of an impact. 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Before you go picking on Perk,  give me the name of one person in the NBA that can successfully guard a seven foot jump shot shooter that was shooting the percentage Nowitzki was last night???
    the next time you post try and make sure your brain is engaged before your fingers touch the keys!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to PERK JERKED BY DIRK! : ************************************************************** Before you go picking on Perk,  give me the name of one person in the NBA that can successfully guard a seven foot jump shot shooter that was shooting the percentage Nowitzki was last night??? the next time you post try and make sure your brain is engaged before your fingers touch the keys!!!
    Posted by CaliCeltic[/QUOTE]

That is what makes Dirk unique - he can shoot from anywhere anytime and he is the biggest guy on the court.

I think the point people are trying to make here is that Perk's defense has always been vastly overrated and with his knee injuries this year he is even less of a factor.  His intimidation act is tired and old and just imagine if he had any skills.... well ummm... then he would not need the act.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PERK JERKED BY DIRK! : That is what makes Dirk unique - he can shoot from anywhere anytime and he is the biggest guy on the court. I think the point people are trying to make here is that Perk's defense has always been vastly overrated and with his knee injuries this year he is even less of a factor.  His intimidation act is tired and old and just imagine if he had any skills.... well ummm... then he would not need the act.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]per usual dud, WELL-SAID! IFperk is that great even in his limited defensive role, then dirk is forced into being his exclusive jump shooting self. instead whenever he saw perk back there his eyes opened wide and he easily challeneged him, easily getting to the rim with no resistance or forcing a foul from his man because perk could not alter the movement or shot of dirk. dont be shocked if perky is benched or gets his minutes limited to just a symbolic starter role (about 14-18 minutes) with no appearances in the fourth quarter going forward

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Fell asleep watching the game cause the NBA had to start it at 9pm... brilliant

Look, lets get one thing clear..Dirk just had a great game and got alot of whistles too. Hes a great scorer..always has been.. Now he has a post game, he drives and even made some nice passes..

Regarding Perk, Ive been saying since he was traded... hes not very good. Instead of falling in love with the image or fantasy somehave dreamed up about Perk...actually watch him play. Hes ....well, terrible. 

Ive focused on him enough during games to know hes not a big asset.. I dont think he even started last night.  Other than some picks at the FT line, where hes still sliding his hips to catch the defender... hes useless... standing on the outside of the block  watching the game... no oush for position, no nothing... either that or hes one of the first back on defense.

Defensively, I dont see any of the stuff some here have posted..like Perk moving bodies out of the lane, blocking shots, rebounding... I see very, very, very little of it. I sometimes wonder what the heck it is people see when they watch him.

Perk is a likeable guy, won a title with us but hes not a good player or at least hasnt been since playing for OKC.. not even close from what I saw... more like a liability than anything imo

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

[QUOTE]Fell asleep watching the game cause the NBA had to start it at 9pm... brilliant Look, lets get one thing clear..Dirk just had a great game and got alot of whistles too. Hes a great scorer..always has been.. Now he has a post game, he drives and even made some nice passes.. Regarding Perk, Ive been saying since he was traded... hes not very good. Instead of falling in love with the image or fantasy somehave dreamed up about Perk...actually watch him play. Hes ....well, terrible.  Ive focused on him enough during games to know hes not a big asset.. I dont think he even started last night.  Other than some picks at the FT line, where hes still sliding his hips to catch the defender... hes useless... standing on the outside of the block  watching the game... no oush for position, no nothing... either that or hes one of the first back on defense. Defensively, I dont see any of the stuff some here have posted..like Perk moving bodies out of the lane, blocking shots, rebounding... I see very, very, very little of it. I sometimes wonder what the heck it is people see when they watch him. Perk is a likeable guy, won a title with us but hes not a good player or at least hasnt been since playing for OKC.. not even close from what I saw... more like a liability than anything imo
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

9 o'clock - - Cry

it was only 6 PST, and 8 in Dallas where the game was played. Quit whining!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PERK JERKED BY DIRK! : 9 o'clock - - it was only 6 PST, and 8 in Dallas where the game was played. Quit whining!!
    Posted by Tayshawn[/QUOTE]

Nobody cares about when the game's on out there.... east coast is all that matters.   ...and Ill never quit winning

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PERK JERKED BY DIRK! : That is what makes Dirk unique - he can shoot from anywhere anytime and he is the biggest guy on the court. I think the point people are trying to make here is that Perk's defense has always been vastly overrated and with his knee injuries this year he is even less of a factor.  His intimidation act is tired and old and just imagine if he had any skills.... well ummm... then he would not need the act.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

On what basis do you say his defense is overrated? On the numbers? Well by advanced metrics he is one of the best defensive Centers in the league. Hmm, So stats aren't what you got, basically it's just your own opnion formed with no data, to back it up. Not impressive. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PERK JERKED BY DIRK! : On what basis do you say his defense is overrated? On the numbers? Well by advanced metrics he is one of the best defensive Centers in the league. Hmm, So stats aren't what you got, basically it's just your own opnion formed with no data, to back it up. Not impressive. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

Let's see.... being destroyed may have something to do with it.  Give me any of the following and the Cs are still playing and would have won the title in 2008 - Howard, either Gasol, either Lopez, Kaman, Jordan, Cousins, Noah, blah blah blah...... a one way player whose one way is overrated - all set with that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PERK JERKED BY DIRK! : On what basis do you say his defense is overrated? On the numbers? Well by advanced metrics he is one of the best defensive Centers in the league. Hmm, So stats aren't what you got, basically it's just your own opnion formed with no data, to back it up. Not impressive. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]espn bpston had some stats around the time of the trade based on defensive metrics. by a wide margine shaq was #1 in the ENTIRE league on one on one defense in the paint and team defensive rating when on the floor. ahead of dwight howard also. in all his years with the celts, perk had never ever posted or even went thru a stretch as shaq had when we were 19-2. jo for this year had posted better numbers as well since perk came bak. so the 2 best centers were clearly jo and shaq. then perk got hurt. if he were a distant third of the 2 centers at his one strength, y would danny and doc be motivated to keep him when he hurt his left knee in addition to the still-recovering right knee. 

so now we saw the prospect of declining guy with now TWO bad knees scheduled to make over 9m on a ton of HOPE. had perk stayed and was playing as he is now, no way we even sweep the knicks! had ainge benched him for joo, you may have seen him pull a baby! he made it clear he was more about maxing his value in free agancy and that meant starting. he really give ainge no choice!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PERK JERKED BY DIRK! : espn bpston had some stats around the time of the trade based on defensive metrics. by a wide margine shaq was #1 in the ENTIRE league on one on one defense in the paint and team defensive rating when on the floor. ahead of dwight howard also. in all his years with the celts, perk had never ever posted or even went thru a stretch as shaq had when we were 19-2. jo for this year had posted better numbers as well since perk came bak. so the 2 best centers were clearly jo and shaq. then perk got hurt. if he were a distant third of the 2 centers at his one strength, y would danny and doc be motivated to keep him when he hurt his left knee in addition to the still-recovering right knee.  so now we saw the prospect of declining guy with now TWO bad knees scheduled to make over 9m on a ton of HOPE. had perk stayed and was playing as he is now, no way we even sweep the knicks! had ainge benched him for joo, you may have seen him pull a baby! he made it clear he was more about maxing his value in free agancy and that meant starting. he really give ainge no choice!

CC here is how the ultimate irony really reflects the mindset and the mentality of the board really sets in.......

Dwight Howard says that Perk really gives him fits..... somehow that is interpreted as Perk is the best low post defender in the league....

But of course, here are the two ultimate ironies of the mindset....

-1- UP until this year Howard has never really had any offensive game on the block so of course Perk was one of the best....

and

-2- the guy that says Perk defends him the best is the defensive player of the year....

so the mindset is Perk is one of the best low post defenders in the league because he can stop the guy that has no offensive game and even funnier the guy that he plays great defense against is actually the best defender in the league......

How small does one's mind need to be to even attempt to contemplate that?  Certainly and apparently smaller than most of what you would read here......

Overrated.......

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PERK JERKED BY DIRK! : Let's see.... being destroyed may have something to do with it.  Give me any of the following and the Cs are still playing and would have won the title in 2008 - Howard, either Gasol, either Lopez, Kaman, Jordan, Cousins, Noah, blah blah blah...... a one way player whose one way is overrated - all set with that.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Being destroyed, by Dirk? uhh, yeah. Okay. I'm sorry there is not a center in the league who can guard Dirk. Really isn't a player in the league right now to be honest.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

where was perk the enforcer, the scowler in chief, the ayatollah of growling, the mvp of intanbiles and attitude when the thunder couldnt make stops late in the second half and in OT. sont teams bring back their starters to start Ot? heck he didnt even play a second in the 4th! meantime dirk just abused the paint and had his way whomever they put in front of him to mascarade as a defender. perky only had 2 fouls on him. i bet okc is having major buyer's remorse right about now. i sure hope danny has no plans of going to okc. he may get busted for grand larceny! he and doc are laughing their a-s-ses off right about now. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PERK JERKED BY DIRK! : Being destroyed, by Dirk? uhh, yeah. Okay. I'm sorry there is not a center in the league who can guard Dirk. Really isn't a player in the league right now to be honest.
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  It will be interesting to see how the Eastern Conference team that is in the NBA finals defends him.  Dirk appears to be the reason that Dallas will win the NBA finals this year.  At least, I want to see Dallas win the championship this year. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

CC, now that the our season is over Doc and DA are probably thrilled with the trade.  The distraction and loss of momentum did however sink us this year.

Perkins with is fat contract is now a bench player and OKC as you say is wondering why they never signed Tyson Chandler a year ago.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Good point concord. Tyson Chandler will sign for a little more  maybe than Perk but could have been had for less for a few years. To rub salt in it is that OKC gave up a first and a better all around player that we can sign for less. So much for Kareem Felton Perkins now maybe we can put the Perk thing to rest.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbrann. Show mbrann's posts

Dirk Diggler!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]CC, now that the our season is over Doc and DA are probably thrilled with the trade.  The distraction and loss of momentum did however sink us this year. Perkins with is fat contract is now a bench player and OKC as you say is wondering why they never signed Tyson Chandler a year ago.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]
    wow, imagine if they had chandler. sometimes doctors are like lawyers and just get in the way. they should have put their toe in the water-pun intended!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PERK JERKED BY DIRK! : wow, imagine if they had chandler. sometimes doctors are like lawyers and just get in the way. they should have put their toe in the water-pun intended!

what do you call 10000 lawyers chained to the bottom of the ocean?  A good start.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from larry1717. Show larry1717's posts

For those of you who doubt the value of Perk to the Celtics, just review the games the Celtics lost after Perk was traded.  The Thunder uses Perk as they see fit.  Last nights game Perk was a Plus 9 and should have been used more in the last few minutes of the game.

That is all besides the point.  For those of you who believe Perk is of no value, please explain why the players on the Heat, Bulls, Lakers and Knicks expressed GREAT JOY that he was no longer on the Celtics.  They stated that the trade hurt the Celtics and they no longer feared the Celtics.  Oklahoma, as far as I know, is thrilled to be rid of Green and the skinny, soft center they sent us for Perk. 

The Celtic Big Four was devastated by the trade because, unlike you phony, unknowledgeable contrarions, they know how valuable Perk is. Doc was quite upset with the trade and recently on WEEI stated that he wished the trade had not been made this season.  The only officials of the Celtics who thought the trade was good are DA and the numerous owners $$$$$$.

For all you Danny Ainge lap kissers, it is unfortunate you can not face the truth.  DA does not even know what the word "tough" means, let alone value "toughness".  He gave away James Posey, Tony Allen and Kendrick Perkins, the "Toughest" players we had on the 08 Championship team.  DA apparently does not believe in keeping a championship team together.  DA's moves cost us at least two championships.  In fact DA has not made a player personnel move of any value since the 08 season.  If you think he has, name "it".  The "it" better be something other than the disasterous Perk trade that devastated the team this year.

Finally, the owners of the Boston Celtics obviously value money over Championships.  If they didn't, then Posey, Allen and Perk would still be Celtics.