Perkins- Do you see his value now?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Re: Perkins- Do you see his value now?

YES !

Perk is a beast

He is underrated in what he brings to the Celtics starting 5

I hope the C's resign Perk, but not for 5 or 6 years...

In this window, I'd pay Perk market value for 2 with an option for $6.5-$8M p/yr

Perk is a great asset to the Celtics

His D has value that does not show up in the stats

And the way he makes KG tougher cannot be understated...

I HAVE MISSED PERK !!!!!

glad he's back

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Che is frustrating b/c he is clealry a C's fan and makes good points at times, the value he puts on Perk is lower than deserving and those who know the game of basketball and watch this team shouldn't demean Perk the way che does

DUDDER is a racist fool who has hated on Perk/Rondo players for years, has been proven wrong countless times and fails to add anything of value here... he's not a real Celts fan and those who bleed green know this and pity him

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

If Perk got 10 points and 9 rebounds in Game 7 of the 2010 Finals who knows what might have happened.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Perkins- Do you see his value now?:
    [QUOTE]If Perk got 10 points and 9 rebounds in Game 7 of the 2010 Finals who knows what might have happened.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I know what would have happened. So do you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

If he didnt get hurt it would have been over in 6

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

I think those who want Shaq to start over Perk should start re-thinking all over again.

I fully expected Perk to do exactly what he's been doing. He is a real force defensively and all his teammate are glad he's back. He plays very good with KG. And he fully understands the Celtics system of play.

Welcome back Perk. Now we need DWest.

Time Will Only Tell 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]I think those who want Shaq to start over Perk should start re-thinking all over again. I fully expected Perk to do exactly what he's been doing. He is a real force defensively and all his teammate are glad he's back. He plays very good with KG. And he fully understands the Celtics system of play. Welcome back Perk. Now we need DWest.                                         Time Will Only Tell 
    Posted by ChiefEddie1028[/QUOTE]

Earlier in the year I would have said keep Shaq starting but I think I have changed my mind after watching Perks defense.  I kind of forgot how good he is down there.  Shaq will help the second team scoring more than Perk would.  Only problem is having a PG to get it to him.  Rondo is getting more minutes now than he was and its basically because Nate is so ineffective.  Ready for the Suns.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

I agree with you, since the bench need more scoring, Shaq is well suited in that departed. Not only that, I think Shaq will dominate any second unit center in the league.

As Perk said yesterday, "We have all the tools, we just have to use them."

Again, doc Rivers is clearly aware of the PG problem. I think he would use a combination of Rondo, DWest and NATE to counter the other teams second unit.

Again let me re-quote Perk, "We have all the tools, we just have to use them.

Time Will Only Tell 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

I still like SHAQ with the starters.  Get the opposing big man in trouble and the perk comes in and cleans up on the scrub and plays lock down defense for the 2nd unit.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetruth007. Show lovetruth007's posts

Man, Perk just had an unbelievable game. 4 for 4 from the line and 3 for 4 in the field. Can he put up these numbers against Fakers and Bynum or Gasol? The usual Perk we have known for years sets illegal moving picks resulting in turnovers. He did that twice tonight. Luckily no Techs were called tonight. Last season he was the leader in Ts. He definitely will help the team but he needs help too, maybe lots of help. His best value is his defense. He was super good at that tonight.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Perks played 2 games, maybe 40 minutes total.. one of them against a weakling team in the middle... so lets give it a little more time

Hes moving real good... still dont think Id start him over Shaq. Shaq is so effective with the starters , esp KG & Rondo.. it would dilute his value if he had to play with the second team.

Now, Doc is gonna start Perk but maybe allow Shaq to still play the bulk of his minutes with the starters. Im hoping so

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Perk and Shaq complement each other whether one starts and the other plays with the reserves. Neither can play major minutes in a stretch, so it shouldn't really matter who gets the start. We need them both! I think the more crucial concern is how they individually match-up with the bigs of opposing teams.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tekaronhiakha. Show tekaronhiakha's posts

That was Fernandez he guarded him, by himself on the three point line. It was pretty awesome to watch. Perk is a beast, always has been, and i like how he was brought in, when pryzebella started acting like a tough guy. Can't wait for D West this team is gonna be something to see, im tellin ya.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perkins- Do you see his value now? : Earlier in the year I would have said keep Shaq starting but I think I have changed my mind after watching Perks defense.  I kind of forgot how good he is down there.  Shaq will help the second team scoring more than Perk would.  Only problem is having a PG to get it to him.  Rondo is getting more minutes now than he was and its basically because Nate is so ineffective.  Ready for the Suns.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Perk is better than Shaq at this point in their careers.  Love Shaq but he can't play D like Perk.  Not even close.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

For some reason I hope Doc plays Shaq and Perk at the same time this year.  It would just be fun to see.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]For some reason I hope Doc plays Shaq and Perk at the same time this year.  It would just be fun to see.
    Posted by jeezem[/QUOTE]

Can you imagine having Shaq, Perk & Rondo on the floor at the same time?

Our opponents using the Hack-a-____ strategy, we could be 3-28 from the FT line. lol

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Well, perk played good D but he's gotta open his eyes up a bit on the outlet passes.  I'm sure that was just rust.  Also, gotta watch those moving screens.  Normally I don't blame perk for those, I blame the guy with the ball who doesn't wait for the screen to get set.  But last night perk made a couple of really blatant ones.  Of course, if he was dwight howard they would have been fine.

I also thought that the 2nd unit struggled to score more than usual when perk was out there.  Fortunately they played good enough D that doc could leave them out there.  Overall though, I don't like Perk with the 2nd unit which is already a bit too defensively oriented with marquis out there.  Unless nate is on (and he's not), that unit will struggle to score even when dwest comes back.  Having shaq in the middle will help a bunch I think.  Kudo's to vaugn wafer who seems much more confident than nate right now, by the way.

I said all that to say this:  last night perks BRAIN seemed to be more injured than his knee.  Maybe he was just not getting enough oxygen from being out of shape.  But to me, last night fully illustrated why perk should play with the first team and shaq with the second.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

In Response to Perkins- Do you see his value now?:
    [QUOTE]Perk played well his first game back and tonight he is playing very well.  There is no doubt this guy adds intangibles to our team.  Che and Dudder for some reason fail to recognize this.  Oh well can't please everyone.
    Posted by OneOnOne
    [/QUOTE]

I don't understand why you instigate, asked me to go away like you own the site and asking to discuss what we already know of Perk for 3 years.
    I saw the best of Perk, when we got the 16th.

I don't hate Perk, I hate his play.

For the last three years of Perk,
    Fans said...
    "I cringed every time Perk trying to catch the ball"
    "I cringed every time Perk dribble the ball and walk"
    "I cringed every time Perk can't jam the ball while wide open under the basket"
    "I cringed when I see Perk late in rotation"
    "I cringed when I see Perk can't shoot FT"
    "I cringed when he starts pouting to the official"
    "I cringed when I see those little hands like a rock and can't catch a simple pass"

I cringed, I cringed, I cringed & I cringed.
    I'm sure there are more cringe that I missed.
    I did not say these gripes, the Celtics fan said it.

You saw Perk performed one "medioacre" game and you wet your pants.

You will see more of Perk in a bad games than medioacre games, no need to wait.
    I'm sure you will not Post when that bad games comes. 

Danny is showcasing Perk in exchange of future skilled player.
    As I said, I will swap Perk for NJ Lopes even steben...but that's last year & rookie (Perk is in 7th year).
    NJ is not stupid to get rid of Lopes now.  

If you don't understand what I said, I can write in my native Japanese language
    and i hope you stop BS..ing. 平和!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

If Ainge were to choose between Baby and Perk, I think Ainge will choose Perk. Whether we like it or not, CHE, there are not many Centers out there that are as good as Perk overall.

Don't believe me? Brook Lopez, a 7-footer, playing 34 minutes a game only averages 5.8 rebounds per game. A 7-foot starting Center getting only 5.8 rebounds per game? Come on!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Perkins- Do you see his value now? : I don't understand why you instigate, asked me to go away like you own the site and asking to discuss what we already know of Perk for 3 years. I saw the best of Perk, when we got the 16th. I don't hate Perk, I hate his play. For the last three years of Perk, Fans said... "I cringed every time Perk trying to catch the ball" "I cringed every time Perk dribble the ball and walk" "I cringed every time Perk can't jam the ball while wide open under the basket" "I cringed when I see Perk late in rotation" "I cringed when I see Perk can't shoot FT" "I cringed when he starts pouting to the official" "I cringed when I see those little hands like a rock and can't catch a simple pass" I cringed, I cringed, I cringed & I cringed. I'm sure there are more cringe that I missed. I did not say these gripes, the Celtics fan said it. You saw Perk performed one "medioacre" game and you wet your pants. You will see more of Perk in a bad games than medioacre games, no need to wait. I'm sure you will not Post when that bad games comes.  Danny is showcasing Perk in exchange of future skilled player. As I said, I will swap Perk for NJ Lopes even steben...but that's last year & rookie (Perk is in 7th year). NJ is not stupid to get rid of Lopes now.   If you don't understand what I said, I can write in my native Japanese language and i hope you stop BS..ing. 平和!
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

You are the instigater here dude.  You have followed numerous posts of mine and say some smart elic crap about it.  If you don't like my posts don't read them, won't bother me a bit.  I will be more than happy to not read you agreeing with Dudder.  When you can be civil I will be civil, otherwise we can just keep going at it. No you don't own the board either so don't tell me to quit posting something you say someone else posts.  I can post what I want when I want it. Comprende?  By the way I "CRINGE" when I see you drooling all over Dudder.  It is pathetic my friend.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Perk is an important player for the Celts and many can not see his value, but I can.   Same thing for Davis, he is very important to this team.  Paul, Kevin, Ray and Rondo lead the team but they need good roll players like Perk and Davis, period.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]Perk is an important player for the Celts and many can not see his value, but I can.   Same thing for Davis, he is very important to this team.  Paul, Kevin, Ray and Rondo lead the team but they need good roll players like Perk and Davis, period.
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]
        Most importantly Doc sees Perks value. The C's are a better team with Perk than without him IMO.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

Why this stuff about whether Perk or Shaq is better.  We have both and they'll both play key minutes when it counts.

Let's hope they stay healthy.

But Perk HAS looked good in his two games back, much better than I had hoped for.  It was great watching him jump out on screen and rolls and sticking his powerful chest into his man in the low hole.

And it can only go up.

Now let's get Delonte back.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

The Celtics rely on defense to win championships. Shaq'ds offense is great, but as with all offense, it comes and it goes. Defense can be brought every night.

Perk starts, and Shaq intimidates other team's defenses. the combination will be lethal for the Lakers or the Spurs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

In Response to Perkins- Do you see his value now?:
    [QUOTE]Perk played well his first game back and tonight he is playing very well.  There is no doubt this guy adds intangibles to our team.  Che and Dudder for some reason fail to recognize this.  Oh well can't please everyone.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Yes I see his value but then again....I saw it before.